• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Few more Deus Ex HR screens :D

27819220733_d7bd38882a_o.png
28477806315_e857011822_o.png
27861263464_2c98f16f02_o.png
28477877295_0f28dd9247_o.png
27861466914_33b989f8bc_o.png
27861580714_83954777f2_o.png
28445540646_10b000e660_o.png

got Trials of the Blood Dragon since it was cheap at GMG...I like it

laughed at the checkpoint markers...switches from a Soviet flag to a US one when reached

USA USA USA

madjoki

I'm sorry what??

I haven't checked it out yet, I assumed you cleared the demo with less than 15 faults to "win" the full game?
Obviously not =/

Yeah, I believe most did assume they would do only include first few levels.

It's very likely impossible unless you practice somehow.

I guess that's the catch.

C4rter

The code might be restricted to Germany because it's from German magazine "GameStar".

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wings! Remastered Edition -- MB-A43FD87F1150E39E - Taken by Ozium

Have a good one.

Yeah, when you've got nowhere to go, it kinda becomes the Summer o' Backlog. I know it would be far too easy to get sucked into more Disgaea grinding, another round of Dungeons of Dredmor, or building up my captain in Sunless Sea, so I'm trying to actually get through my unplayed games.

Alright, SteamGAFfers (or, you know, first guy that replies,) choose my next game! I'll throw up my backlog, ones that may be either good or bad. Let me enjoy a good one, subject me to a horrible one because those make for funnier impressions, it's up to you!

Bad Rats is NOT an option.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mallomar/games/?tab=all

Just please try to overlook my playtimes and skip to the unplayed ones at the bottom. I'm kinda sensitive and ashamed about it. :(

Yeah, when you've got nowhere to go, it kinda becomes the Summer o' Backlog. I know it would be far too easy to get sucked into more Disgaea grinding, another round of Dungeons of Dredmor, or building up my captain in Sunless Sea, so I'm trying to actually get through my unplayed games.

Alright, SteamGAFfers (or, you know, first guy that replies,) choose my next game! I'll throw up my backlog, ones that may be either good or bad. Let me enjoy a good one, subject me to a horrible one because those make for funnier impressions, it's up to you!

Just please try to overlook my playtimes and skip to the unplayed ones at the bottom. I'm kinda sensitive and ashamed about it. :(

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Play an Ironman Classic run and you'll be set for XCOM 2's canon. (Where you lose the First War.)

Nzyme32

I was going to suggest Sunless Sea since I gave it you, but you have already been working on that, so good job!

Hmm..

- Deus Ex (OG or Human Revolution)
- Batman Arkham Asylum (or the others if you have already played that - though I don't see a time on there)
- Valkyria Chronicles

Pick one of those I say

Noticing now that less than 2% of players have beaten that mode, so I'll probably be the 98%...

but so be it.

Be warned about Xcom 1 and Ironman. The game can be glitchy, and if you do play, it is possible to get stuck forever

I was going to suggest Sunless Sea since I gave it you, but you have already been working on that, so good job!

Hmm..

- Deus Ex (OG or Human Revolution)
- Batman Arkham Asylum (or the others if you have already played that - though I don't see a time on there)
- Valkyria Chronicles

Pick one of those I say

Be warned about Xcom 1 and Ironman. The game can be glitchy, and if you do play, it is possible to get stuck forever

Played VC and Asylum already (before I was given the GOTY version because of GFWL stuff.) But since you were next, Deus Ex HR will go in the hopper after Xcom (which I will probably not be playing Ironman.) :)

Grief.exe

No matter how hard Gaf shitting on Fallout 4, I'm still replaying it now for the survival mode,and I'm happy. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You're just telling yourself that.

Honestly, what generally makes games 'bad' from an enthusiast perspective actually causes them to appeal to a larger market due to their simplicity.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You're just telling yourself that.

Honestly, what generally makes games 'bad' from an enthusiast perspective actually causes them to appeal to a larger market due to their simplicity.

Which is a pretty lame excuse. You want a challenge? Play a Souls game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No matter how hard Gaf shitting on Fallout 4, I'm still replaying it now for the survival mode,and I'm happy. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

If only one could just not give 2 fucks about what anyone says about something they enjoy.

I entered every Spec Ops The Line giveaway but I can't win any so I decided to just buy the 2k bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (boybrushdRED, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-0270581AE9BC132D - Taken by sheaaaa. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-7E2572C182FA5F4B - Taken by fuzzy123. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-7A0240B9F7B1435B - Taken by Hakkelus. 3 entrants total.

t1469323183z1.png

Phawx

The verdict: If you like adventure games, this is a must have. If you don't, I actually still kinda can't say "don't get it" - I'd still recommend it even for non-adventure fans, because it's not that tough, and it's worth it for the story, even if you use a walkthrough. So yeah....get it.

Can confirm Technobabylon is amazing, I did a video review of the game when it came out and was blown away by it. Felt like I was in an alternative universe were VGA Sierra PnC adventure games were still being made (Minus the nonsense of Sierra PnC games).

Also I haven't been in this thread for awhile because I got a new job. Woo! So far so good. Though it is a bit stressful being the lead. Not sure if the added stress is worth it or not just yet. I'll see sooner or later I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom