• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Anyone remembers these?

f15cockpit.jpg

wcpcockpit.jpg

As far as Vita game purchases are concerned, Sword Art Online and Conception 2 are the two biggest mistakes I made.

At least I got the physical version of Conception 2, maybe I should sell it.

Grief.exe

That keyboard is up on Massdrop, on the expensive side as it's not in mass production and seems to have high manufacturing tolerances.
I ordered an unassembled board as it will be a fun project for me to put together, I got soldering tools anyways for SNES/GameCube mods.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/23194

MD-23194_20160721160732_eee5cb1aae47478f.jpg

Tizoc

As far as Vita game purchases are concerned, Sword Art Online and Conception 2 are the two biggest mistakes I made.

At least I got the physical version of Conception 2, maybe I should sell it.

Get Brandish. It has that old PC gaming feel and is one of the best Dungeon Crawler/Adventure games I've played.
Pure Falcom gaming goodness <3

Nzyme32

That keyboard is up on Massdrop, on the expensive side as it's not in mass production and seems to have high manufacturing tolerances.
I ordered an unassembled board as it will be a fun project for me to put together, I got soldering tools anyways for SNES/GameCube mods.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/23194

MD-23194_20160721160732_eee5cb1aae47478f.jpg

These keyboards look great but would be awful for me. DAW relies on F keys and easy access to the numpad along with a bunch of my guitar stuff. Most importantly though, muh Deus Ex and older games would become shitty to play. I don't really want to have to switch between multiple of the same peripheral to get stuff done

Knurek

No numeric keypad = No bueno.

A keyboard like that would be good for Visual Novels, provided it's wireless. You could just sit on a chair and tap enter from time to time, most importantly, keeping your other hand free.
But I see a cable on Grief's photo. Makes no sense to make such a keyboard wired.

Eila

A keyboard like that would be good for Visual Novels, provided it's wireless. You could just sit on a chair and tap enter from time to time, most importantly, keeping your other hand free.
But I see a cable on Grief's photo. Makes no sense to make such a keyboard wired.

The cable looks like it's for charging to me. And a lot of people like small keyboards, just look at Apple.

Tizoc

Planning on replaying Deus Ex HR on my laptop
Which should I go for though...
OG HR has those lame boss fights but the DLC is separate
New HR offers Stealth approach to boss fights, makes the gameplay little less tedious but the DLC is part of the main game.

def sim

I'm not looking to buy another one, but that's a nice keyboard. It's good to see 65% becoming a little more common. Dedicated arrow keys are a must for me.

Oh wow I didn't notice that it didn't have function keys either. Double no bueno.

Nah, it does. Programmable, though keys are not labeled.

So... Deep Silver is publishing Persona 5 in Europe. Deep Silver published Killer is Dead in Europe but also ported the game to PC. What are the odds Deep Silver might step in for Persona 5 ? :")

Planning on replaying Deus Ex HR on my laptop
Which should I go for though...
OG HR has those lame boss fights but the DLC is separate
New HR offers Stealth approach to boss fights, makes the gameplay little less tedious but the DLC is part of the main game.
If you already played one do the other. I liked the original followed by the DLC. Better pacing and the DLC is better as an epilogue.

Tizoc

So... Deep Silver is publishing Persona 5 in Europe. Deep Silver published Killer is Dead in Europe but also ported the game to PC. What are the odds Deep Silver might step in for Persona 5 ? :")

They'd still need the OK from the game's DEVELOPER.

Lomax

I just can't see any benefit to fewer keys. You guys like it because of looks, fine, but you don't have a lack of space, and weight is meaningless on something sitting on a desk. Even if I only use those keys occasionally, I still use them. When I had a laptop as my primary computer the most annoying part was the abridged keyboard, but at least it existed for a reason.

Sendou

Gears of War 4's PC-exclusive features detailed

"Support for v-sync tearing has recently come to UWP and we will be able to offer proper unlocked frame-rate support that gamers expect on day one. With Unreal Engine 4 and our own custom modifications, we can take much better advantage of multiple CPU cores, alleviating the game from being CPU-bound and allowing more room for the GPU to shine with enhanced visual quality or higher framerates. Single-player will not be locked to 30fps on PC."

Rayner also listed "a few items of note" the team are adding to the PC version. In his own words:

Dynamic resolution support (any resolution will be supported with a sensible dynamic field of view - including ultra-wide).

Increased texture resolution (up to 4K resolution for select texture groups).
A benchmark mode.

Full keyboard/mouse input remapping (including cover/run and roll split).

Far more comprehensive video settings.

"Today we sit at 28 different settings and we're thinking of ways to add more for people to really have full control," Rayner tells us.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-gears-of-war-4-pc-exclusive-features-revealed

Maybe it's a good sign they are having these kind of discussions pre-launch?

Knurek

Stay safe DeutschGAF.

Proper Steam post: Kind of not feeling The White March. Just a bunch of dungeons with almost no story parts. I, sad to say, the whole battle system of PoE is not up to my taste. :\

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I try to buy a mechanical keyboard about once a month and never follow through. Maybe it'll be my end of summer treat to myself.

Gears of War 4's PC-exclusive features detailed

- Sold on a store no one wants
- We promise not to discontinue the tech infrastructure for the next 2 or 3 years, maybe
- We guarantee the community will have literally hundreds of players

Ludens

Banned
I try to buy a mechanical keyboard about once a month and never follow through. Maybe it'll be my end of summer treat to myself.

- Sold on a store no one wants
- We promise not to discontinue the tech infrastructure for the next 2 or 3 years, maybe
- We guarantee the community will have literally hundreds of players

70€ special launch price

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've removed everything from wishlists from Steam and GoG.

I swear I'm done adding to this backlog! No more from me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The sooner you stop thinking of it as a backlog and accept it as a collection of games you own you can freely pull up and play at any time when you feel like it, the better off you'll be.

You don't have to play everything, and if conscious of your purchasing decisions of games you don't actually want to play, then just learn from that. You don't need to buy more games, but also I don't think you should stop buying games that interest you because you haven't 'tackled your backlog.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom