• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinha

They still can make good games when somebody else is in charge of the money :D

Lame joke, huh?

Broken Age is pretty great. Massive Chalice is kinda meh, but they did deliver on their promise. I don't think they mismanaged those two.

You can shit on them about Spacebase DF9, though.

This one is for you, Steam-GAF:

4KBxh2Q.png

Specifically those of you who pitched in to buy me Dark Souls 3 on April fools day. This is the first and only game I've ever completed every achievement on. Praise the sun!

iosefe

4KBxh2Q.png

Specifically those of you who pitched in to buy me Dark Souls 3 on April fools day. This is the first and only gave I've ever completed every achievement on. Praise the sun!

only 311 hours? pfft

well done, comrade

only 311 hours? pfft

well done, comrade

You know, it's pretty crazy - my most played game on Steam is Team Fortress 2 with 514 hours, and that's from years of playing (and while I was in college and had way too much free time). I've only had Dark Souls 3 since April and I'm already at 311 hours! That's nuts (for me at least).

Sorry I don't know if this is on PC. There is a new jrpg (I think) with beautiful character art and the in game 3d characters looked exactly like the concept art. There was a thread on GAF about it. What is it?

iosefe

not counting league i don't know what my most played game really is. according to steam it's Starbound, but for a long period of time i was in a SWBF2 clan. played so much with them.

That was 10 years ago

Wok

lol

XjywKHy.png

I quit the game cold turkey when I decided I couldn't commit 1.5 hour sessions to play it anymore

I don't know if it is worth telling about it for a mere 1k hours difference, but:

GtnROjD.png

It is my main account, I also have several smurfs with 100 hours each.

Never touch that game, if you can.

mp1990

Banned
Played Marvel Heroes for around an hour... it reminded me that it has been 6 long years since I last touched an MMO, so it was somewhat jarring to me. I'm completely lost amidst all the quest, trackers, mechanics, and whatnots, although I'm not sure if the fault is mine or the game, since it does explain most of the basic stuff but it lets you loose without giving any directions on where to go next. I'm pretty big into Diablo and other ARPGs that follow the formula, and the Marvel characters are definitely a game changer for me, so I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, but it was sorta disappointing in the sense that I thought it would hook me right off the bat.

lol

XjywKHy.png

I quit the game cold turkey when I decided I couldn't commit 1.5 hour sessions to play it anymore
I tried to cut CSGO out of my gaming diet but it's too fun. My sessions are about 1.5 to 2 hours. I'm slowly reaching 2k hours. :(
I don't know if it is worth telling about it for a mere 1k hours difference, but:

GtnROjD.png

It is my main account, I also have several smurfs with 100 hours each.

Never touch that game, if you can.
Good lord. You know it's funny, I like RTS games but never could get into Mobas.

shockdude

I beat Undertale whoo.
I'm actually quite surprised by how short the game is. At least it'll make the true pacifist & genocide routes easier to do.

What are peoples' experience with Funstock Digital?

I made a order earlier today, and I am now waiting for their "fraud protection" to go through before I can actually get my key, despite them having already charged me. This is the second time in a row they've done this (same account, same payment method), but I had forgotten about that "feature".

At this point I suspect that their "fraud protection" is them scrambling to actually acquire a key. Should have just spent 5 more minutes to make an account on a different store that had a similar deal. =/

I'm pretty sure Headlander is the best Double Fine thingie in a long time. And i really enjoyed Broken Age.

Great game. Lee Petty should lead more stuff.

He's awesome. It's a shame that Automonous didn't end up as a bigger game.

I've played about one hour of Headlander so far. It starts up nice, and then continues to grow on you.

Really feeling Metroid in this, when you unlock abilities.

Platy

4KBxh2Q.png

Specifically those of you who pitched in to buy me Dark Souls 3 on April fools day. This is the first and only game I've ever completed every achievement on. Praise the sun!

I don't think I ever did any 100% on any steam game I have o_O

There is a game called Hell Yeah on my Steam profile Games list that I don't remember ever acquiring, it also doesn't show up in my account transactions.

Wat?

Deques

There is a game called Hell Yeah on my Steam profile Games list that I don't remember ever acquiring, it also doesn't show up in my account transactions.

Wat?

It could be from one of the Humble Sega bundles. Not sure if it was a single key for each tier

https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/search:#:641;/scroll:#gamelist

yeah + there were those free sega bundles that included those Van Helsing games, Jet Set Radio, and one or two other notable games. Hell Yeah was in one of those.

Van Helsing games are not SEGA games though

dickroach

yeah + there were those free sega bundles that included those Van Helsing games, Jet Set Radio, and one or two other notable games. Hell Yeah was in one of those.

edit: alright, maybe not Van Helsing, but it was something like that. those "Make War Not Love" bundles. I remember everything activated at once.

Mistakes were made. I began playing at the beginning of 2013 and to be honest, I wasn't really into it. I remember telling my friend "It's ok I guess, it seems just like the other MOBA we played". It was Battle for Graxia IIRC. lol. It was hard to understand back then, there weren't item guides or skill guides, no tutorial, no real explanation of things at all. It was probably 20 games before I found out where the secret shop was. :/ I had no clue about denying, auto attacking, etc. It took a lot of persistence to actually get to a point where I was half decent and enjoyed the game. As well as that, watching tournaments or other people playing sounded stupid to me at the time... Now though, I watch more than I play.

It's a fun game, but definitely avoid it unless you never plan on playing anything else, ever.

Wat?
I somehow have Space Hulk in my account, even though there is no record of it in either my purchases or activations. It says I purchased it on the 17th of December, 2014 (on the game page) but I definitely did not. Weird. I've known about it for a while though.

wgqzAzb.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Royal Defense -- MB-D163A68FABBDBA62 - Taken by texhnolyze
What's under your blanket !? -- MB-E70E415EEBF30EA3 - Taken by Ludens
Fort Defense -- MB-29AB118932C932C6 - Taken by PaulSane
Gods vs Humans -- MB-4BD4360C411962FB - Taken by Hakkelus
The Orb Chambers -- MB-D6A840E6E88C847A - Taken by septicore

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-0AC7951997A64A83 - Taken by Tellaerin

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm enjoying darkest dungeon quite a lot, i can see where the game can get repetitive and there's some sort of a sense of piling disaster but unlike a pure roguelike game it seems to give you a ton of tiny victories that tbh feel really addictive

i haven't taken any risky steps and just been grinding the same lvl 1 levels over and over, although i summoned some cthulhu thing that almost wiped me out and killed one boss. i'm gonna start taking notes of how many torches and food are necessary for each area and what kind of dangers and monster are in each cos that stuff seems to be pretty key. i sort of wish the game tracked that stuff so you didn't have to but i guess taking notes is not so bad

i kind of wish some things weren't as rng but i guess these games are about calculated risks and if there's no rng there's really no risk so that's acceptable. the corpse stuff doesn't seem so bad cos there is an interesting strategy element to doing it. the heart attack stuff is kind of lame cos it seems to be mostly rng, idk

the combat is really fun and interesting on itself so i also kind of wish there existed a version of this game that had none of the psychological stuff and it was just a fun combat grindy thing lol

also damn this game is good looking

edit: oh and dog guy is the best. i love dog guy

Deques

i'm enjoying darkest dungeon quite a lot, i can see where the game can get repetitive and there's some sort of a sense of piling disaster but unlike a pure roguelike game it seems to give you a ton of tiny victories that tbh feel really addictive

i haven't taken any risky steps and just been grinding the same lvl 1 levels over and over, although i summoned some cthulhu thing that almost wiped me out and killed one boss. i'm gonna start taking notes of how many torches and food are necessary for each area and what kind of dangers and monster are in each cos that stuff seems to be pretty key. i sort of wish the game tracked that stuff so you didn't have to but i guess taking notes is not so bad

i kind of wish some things weren't as rng but i guess these games are about calculated risks and if there's no rng there's really no risk so that's acceptable. the corpse stuff doesn't seem so bad cos there is an interesting strategy element to doing it. the heart attack stuff is kind of lame cos it seems to be mostly rng, idk

the combat is really fun and interesting on itself so i also kind of wish there existed a version of this game that had none of the psychological stuff and it was just a fun combat grindy thing lol

also damn this game is good looking

edit: oh and dog guy is the best. i love dog guy

I hope it's included in the next Humble Monthly :p

Arthea

I'm only now at 26 finished games this year, although I have 10 games in various states of finishing, so there is a slight chance I still can get to 52, hopefully.

Also I wanna boo HB on constant basis now. I told you that monthly bundles will ruin everything and they did. *sighs

derExperte

http://firefox.enhancedsteam.com/enhanced-steam.xpi

This is version 7.3 which is over a year old, but it should still work for the most part.

Some features do, like current lowest price or the additional links on the right, other don't like regional prices. It's something, thanks!

edit, saw your post over on Steam and yes, as far as I can tell that works apart from small visual bugs (like no icon for the regional price comparison but when I hover over the empty space they display, or 'Not interested' is a long red empty box until hovering over it). Whew. Well and the options pages are white text on white background. And ES still doesn't load on steamcommunity.com pages but I assume that's due to the mentioned bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom