• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

GFWL was just DRM, but still based on x86, this is a different format entirely. No MSI Afterburner overlay, no Steam Overlay, no SweetFX, no ENB. It's dead Jim.

That's why people will argue that UWP is worse than GFWL.

Shh, Grief... Don't mention UWP or UWA, unless you want the UWP Support Brigade to show up here and shit things up as well.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I was trying to redeem a Bundlestars Sega key and it was taking forever, then it authorization locked me after like two attempts tops. Are the servers fucked up?

Nordicus

Started To The Moon, just finished Act 1. I'm not in the best of moods today, so picking today to start that game might have been a mistake... should keep tissues near

Also, just got my Duelyst Steam beta key. Soon...

yuraya

I want to play FF13 but the download is 60 gb big. oh well.

The game has like 7+ hours of cutscenes. The dl size is fair.

You should download it if you want to play a great game with an interesting story. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

Arthea

It's a board game played with ball bearings.

It's a basic shooter made by Sierra On-Line in the early 1980s.

It's a CRPG from 1992 that plays kinda like Gauntlet mixed with Nethack.

But they're probably referring to the Korean FPS from 2007.

you forgot about Gundam's Crossfire and Alpha Centauri expansion! how could you?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

You got caught up in the crossfire.

Xater

All of those alternatives sound better than what it actually is.

Eila

Crossfire is HUGE. It's a pay to win Counter Strike clone, but since it's free to play and can run on Pentium 4 it's popular in some regions.
If you are an avid fan of the first-person shooter genre then CrossFire is just the game for you. In a short time, Crossfire amassed a massive fan base and raked in a whopping US$ 1.110 billion in 2015 to land it in the second spot of the 10 Highest Grossing Online PC Games of 2015. The game revolves around an epic showdown between two rival mercenary corporations named Global Risk and Black List. Before you begin the game, you have to choose which of the two corporations you want to fight. You then join an online team of fellow mercenaries as you go on a rampage around different environments and try to survive objective-based scenarios. The game features different modes that can accommodate a total of 16 players that are equally divided into two teams.

rtcn63

Crossballs
Crossballs-Main.jpg

There are defenders for UWP? Is there something that I missed on gaming side?
Xbox fans coming in to say "be thankful you're even getting PC games" to completely deflect criticism.

Oh, and I picked up Star Fox Zero since it was under $30 at Best Buy this weekend... Not sure if I'll be feeling this one. On one hand it's great that it follows the 64 formula, but these controls are terrible while at the same time working well in small stretches.

Idk, Platinum needs to kickstart something already.

Uzzy

Ready for the TV show, shaka brah?

There's been a lot of announcements lately for movie and TV show reimaginings of videogames, but none of them make as much sense as Life is Strange which is getting its own live-action digital series.

“Life is Strange is one of those rare properties that combines incredibly developed characters and storylines with deeply engaging gameplay,” said vice president of development and production for Legendary Digital Studios, Greg Siegel. “It lends itself perfectly to live-action imaginings. We couldn’t be more excited to partner with Square Enix, DONTDOD Entertainment and dj2 to bring the world of Arcadia Bay to life in an exciting new way.”

Hella.

def sim

Not a fan. I wonder what the games list looks like for people with more than 2 games.

Yeah, hopefully we can still scale down box art. It's a beta, so maybe they'll remember if not. A simple list view would be nice, too. Even Uplay has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom