• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Steam because they have been available on PC for 10 years.

Apparently, this is the first time Ultimate Alliance 2 has been on PC.

Anyway, as long as Activision is rereleasing decade-old PC games on Steam, how about this gem?

The_Movies_Coverart.jpg

;_;

Nzyme32

Marvel Ultimate Alliance now up on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/sub/116197/

Hahaha. I know it's early days, but 27% and 11% reviews thus far. Great ports apparently

You mean Steam because they have been available on PC for 10 years.

Edit:
I see the second actually never came out on PC.

This is Activision right? In which case isn't this the COD approach to stupid pricing? They might knock it down a little, but ultimately will have a stupid price

Ludens

Banned
This is Activision right? In which case isn't this the COD approach to stupid pricing? They might knock it down a little, but ultimately will have a stupid price

Pretty much all Activision games have unfair pricing. Just think about the new Ghostbusters, which is 40€ Transformers titles, some of them 40 or 50€, even if they released years ago.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much all Activision games have unfair pricing. Just think about the new Ghostbusters, which is 40€ Transformers titles, some of them 40 or 50€, even if they released years ago.

The only real question is when will they get decent sales? Will Activistion be willing to put them up for good discounts in the Winter Sale? I hope so. They are really great games and would be fun to play through again in my free time.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Playing steamgaf favorite Contradiction now... man this is pretty damn good, done the first 2 hours and I'm wrapped up in this. Jenks' facial expressions are gold

Nzyme32

Playing steamgaf favorite Contradiction now... man this is pretty damn good, done the first 2 hours and I'm wrapped up in this. Jenks' facial expressions are gold

I can't wait to start it proper. I played a little and was loving it. There need to be many more games like it. I'd buy them all

Mivey

and what's up with the missing DLC anyway
You know, I always felt the game was better without said DLC. I understand the developers of a AAA game are far to unsubtle to think about these things, but I felt the ending of the normal game was absolutely beautiful. Spoilers, ahead
You could either accept that the princess is dead and the Prince simply leaves and rides of into the desert. The actual in game credits already over after all. So you turn of the game. Or ... he listens to the voice and willingly throws everything away dooming the entire world, for love. And you make that choice, by stopping to play. So you can do the "right thing", refusing to play, exactly how the Prince should refuse to follow the temptation of evil.
I know the devs likely never intended this, but fuck it, death of the author and all that.

Each of the Marvel UA game is $40, while the bundle is $43. What a weird pricing.

Seems like the port is a huge mess though. Mostly negative reviews lmao.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ok, given the shit show that MUA seems to be, is Marvel Heroes worthwhile?

It's a lot of fun if you're into Diablo-style "loot" games, with the added bonus of being able to play any character you want up to level 10 before having to buy them. I believe you also get a free character you can take up to 60, but that might have been a limited-time-only deal, can't remember.

Either way, it's good stuff.

Adnor

Banned
Speaking of external hard drives, how are the Hitachi ones? They're the same price as the Seagate here, but I already know Seagate's reputation and I really need some backup solution.

EDIT: Same prices as the Toshiba ones too, and I also don't how they are.

Speaking of external hard drives, how are the Hitachi ones? They're the same price as the Seagate here, but I already know Seagate's reputation and I really need some backup solution.

EDIT: Same prices as the Toshiba ones too, and I also don't how they are.

Hitachi are the most reliable according to blackblaze.com

Edit the smallest sample are Toshiba. Hitachi are now known as HGST

drive-stats-2016-q1-failure-by-mfg.jpg

I think when I started buying hard drives years ago and looked into brands, Hitachi cost a third more or so than the other brands. Interesting that the tides have turned.

rtcn63

I buy Seagate externals on sale and in pairs. I'll spend at most $30 per TB ($60 if you count the mirroring). The 4 and 5TB models have fared alright so far. The 3TBs died in a few years.

Their external enclosures are trash though. On one of my 5TB models the usb connector doesn't lock properly (I have two of them so I know it's not normal). And its hit or miss if you get a USB 3.0 controller that doesn't disconnect randomly on arrival, I had to buy a powered USB 3.0 hub to stop it. One controller started off fine then went to random disconnect mode after a brownout. (Tip- always plug your drives into a UPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom