• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I am finally getting around to playing Danganronpa 2 after buying it months ago. I hope it captivates me like the first one did. The characters don't seem as fun but I am only on the first chapter.

Tizoc

Well, Activision is notorious for their infamous practices. I think people forgot about the Prototype Remastered games, or the last Tony Hawk. Even excluding their awful pricing policies, they are maybe the worst publisher in the industry, if they can scam people, they'll do without thinking a second about it.

The average consumer doesn't care, cuz Call of Booty.

Ludens

Banned
The average consumer doesn't care, cuz Call of Booty.

Even some CODS are bugged, like in one of the few COD I own, Black Ops 2, I can't go on in the story because a door won't open, no matter if I restart the mission. Apparently it's a know bug, never patched of course.

Tizoc

Even some CODS are bugged, like in one of the few COD I own, Black Ops 2, I can't go on in the story because a door won't open, no matter if I restart the mission. Apparently it's a know bug, never patched of course.

Acti still don't care, brah.

Arthea

how can I change currency on Humble Bundle site, I pay in their store with euros, but bundles (even if it shows prices in euro) are still in $.
I checked settings and it is nothing like that there.

I haven't seen any such option to change currency in Humble.

why the price in euros is shown then?

You can't change the currency for the (nonexistent) bundles yet.

true

Deques

how can I change currency on Humble Bundle site, I pay in their store with euros, but bundles (even if it shows prices in euro) are still in $.

I haven't seen any such option to change currency in Humble.

Knurek

You can't change the currency for the (nonexistent) bundles yet.

Ludens

Banned
So, the Digital Deluxe of RE7 has the hardest difficulty available from the start as "in-game bonus" if you buy the DD, otherwise you need to play the game once and eventually play it again on the new difficulty setting. Am I the only one thinking this is very dumb? It's the illusion of giving you something, when it should be available from the start. All early unlocks are dumb, but a difficulty setting early unlock is very idiotic in my opinion. Even NaughtyDog learned this, in fact Uncharted 4 has Crushing available from the start.

Jawmuncher

So, the Digital Deluxe of RE7 has the hardest difficulty available from the start as "in-game bonus" if you buy the DD, otherwise you need to play the game once and eventually play it again on the new difficulty setting. Am I the only one thinking this is very dumb? It's the illusion of giving you something, when it should be available from the start. All early unlocks are dumb, but a difficulty setting early unlock is very idiotic in my opinion. Even NaughtyDog learned this, in fact Uncharted 4 has Crushing available from the start.

Yeah it's not much of a bonus.

Sarcasm

Guess Prison Architect on PC is finished or near finished.

All good things most come to an end, and next month we wave bye bye to Prison Architect. We're working on the tablet (iPad and Android) version and we'll keep supporting the console version. We'll also carry on fixing bugs and ensuring future hardware compatibility, but it's time to stop actively updating it with new content and move on to new things.

For now we've launched the v2.0 features on a steam branch, so if you are willing to brave the bugs, you can dive in early and let us know what you think...

Jawmuncher

So how am I supposed to see notifications and access the guide when playing Windows Store games? Playing Killer Instinct and there's none of that showing.

I am finally getting around to playing Danganronpa 2 after buying it months ago. I hope it captivates me like the first one did. The characters don't seem as fun but I am only on the first chapter.

First half isn't nearly as compelling as DR1 but fortunately the second half makes up for it.
Played the RE7 demo. It's cool but I wish they'd bring back some of the classic caracters. I hope the combat holds up.

Echoplx

What the hell happened to Starbound? I swear there was more stuff in the betas, the final release feels really light on content.

It's definitely a slower burn compared to the first one but it does take it up to 11 when you reach the half mark point. It some ways even surpassing Trigger Happy Havoc.

Jawmuncher

It's definitely a slower burn compared to the first one but it does take it up to 11 when you reach the half mark point. It some ways even surpassing Trigger Happy Havoc.

Personally I thought it never out did the first game. Too much of it just felt way too similar.

Hektor

Hope y'all are watching the Dangan 3 anime, so you'll be ready for V3 when it drops on steam at launch. #IBelieveInChunsoft

Endruen

This one is for you, Steam-GAF:

4KBxh2Q.png

Specifically those of you who pitched in to buy me Dark Souls 3 on April fools day. This is the first and only game I've ever completed every achievement on. Praise the sun!

You really enjoyed it, didn't you? Glad you liked it that much.

Echoplx

There was some stuff that never worked out that got chopped to make the game better.

The progression is a joke right now, this is like pre-hardmode Terraria levels of content, maybe even less. And spreading it out over multiple planets just makes it feel even worse.

They should have dropped the story mode and focused on more actual content, it's terrible.

Vuze

Dayum, Mad Max is one pretty looking and well running game.

It's quite amazing how this and *nearly chokes* Just Cause 3 were developed under the same dev studio (name atleast, not sure if they have multiple teams).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lawd, Emma in Contradiction...

Loving this game btw. Some people said yesterday they were on the fence and were waiting for a sale... Don't, it's absolutely worth it. Also I don't think the game has ever gone on sale, so I also got tired of waiting.

Dayum, Mad Max is one pretty looking and well running game.

It's quite amazing how this and *nearly chokes* Just Cause 3 were developed under the same dev studio (name atleast, not sure if they have multiple teams).

Different teams.... Mad Max was done by Avalanche Sweden and Just Cause 3 was Avalanche New York

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some features do, like current lowest price or the additional links on the right, other don't like regional prices. It's something, thanks!

edit, saw your post over on Steam and yes, as far as I can tell that works apart from small visual bugs (like no icon for the regional price comparison but when I hover over the empty space they display, or 'Not interested' is a long red empty box until hovering over it). Whew. Well and the options pages are white text on white background. And ES still doesn't load on steamcommunity.com pages but I assume that's due to the mentioned bug.

Cool, glad it's somewhat working. Most of what you're mentioning (outside of the steamcommunity.com bug that's being tracked by Mozilla without anything being done to it) are small CSS tweaks that are already fixed in the dev branch and should be working when the next version is released. With any luck I'll have some time to sit down and hammer out a few of the new features I've been working on before this weekend so I can fast-track this release.

Ludens

Banned
About Parasite Eve 2, does the game gets hard or it's just me? Because I had no problem until the desert, now I reached the Neo Ark and the game is full of strong enemies everywhere, the worst for me are those cockroaches, the only way to defeat them is using Combusion a couple of times, but by doing so drains my MP.

Also:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPDSJ2E/

About Parasite Eve 2, does the game gets hard or it's just me? Because I had no problem up until the dersert, now I reached the Neo Ark and the game is full of strong enemies everywhere, the worst for me are those cockroaches, the only way to defeat them is using Combusion a couple of times, but by doing so drains my MP.

Also:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPDSJ2E/

Yeah, there's definitely a bump in difficulty compared to previous areas.

Grief.exe

The hell. GFWL at least showed that info in game.

GFWL was just DRM, but still based on x86, this is a different format entirely. No MSI Afterburner overlay, no Steam Overlay, no SweetFX, no ENB. It's dead Jim.

That's why people will argue that UWP is worse than GFWL.

Xater

I watched video of We Happy Few and fell asleep.

I have no problem with survival games, but man that setting seems like a waste for that gene. I'd rather have something in the vein of a Deus Ex I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom