• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Half an hour left to skullgirls bundle

Jawmuncher, still holding out hope for Dino Crisis @ E3? At least you'll be able to drink yourself to sleep with the rest of TLG Gaf

I sincerely hope if Dino Crisis gets announced it'd get a PC release to coincide with console versions, although I could see it released on Steam months later haha.
Honestly I've enjoyed most of Capcom's offering in the past gen, so DC could be a generic TPS with dinosaurs and it might still be fun.

Moved to new page

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Face Noir -- MB-26E54480903BB9FD - Taken by kurahador
The Cat Lady -- MB-C40A0F3A0533447A - Taken by Kiru

I hope capcom has a lot to announce at MS and Sony.
Since their future forecast is nonexistent in terms of new games aside from deep down and some other stuff I cant remember.

Capcom would be insane not to have a new Resident Evil to show so they can wash away the (unwarranted) stank of RE6.

also Dino Crisis to coincide with Jurassic World

Anteater

I sincerely hope if Dino Crisis gets announced it'd get a PC release to coincide with console versions, although I could see it released on Steam months later haha.
Honestly I've enjoyed most of Capcom's offering in the past gen, so DC could be a generic TPS with dinosaurs and it might still be fun.

yeah, they were good coop games too

Uzzy

It'll be weird watching E3, with the four press conferences all being for platforms that I'm not going to buy/download. Hopefully we'll get a lot of good games available on Steam.

Jawmuncher

I think deep down was pretty much it for ps4, they have to have something else other than that.

believe

Yep, usually we know titles a year out but we barely even have that at the moment.

Half an hour left to skullgirls bundle

Jawmuncher, still holding out hope for Dino Crisis @ E3? At least you'll be able to drink yourself to sleep with the rest of TLG Gaf

I wont even be able to drink out here all there is is nonalcoholoic beer. But ill drink that just because.
Just noticed you have a Date a Life avatar was your last avatar one was well? Tohka I think?
I have been able to watch season 1 and some of 2 on the share drive out here. I love it.

Capcom seems to do a coinflip. Since it seems only their third party stuff they didnt care about had day 1 ports.

Capcom would be insane not to have a new Resident Evil to show so they can wash away the (unwarranted) stank of RE6.

RE does seem like a given, keep forgetting RE6 was 2 years ago. DC with jurassic world is too perfect of a fit for them to ignore hopefully.

Does RE6 have an offline co-op mode like RE5?

While already posted ill just add double confirmation to that since I did local coop on all versions.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope capcom has a lot to announce at MS and Sony.
Since their future forecast is nonexistent in terms of new games aside from deep down and some other stuff I cant remember.

There's some very credible rumors from NewBot and the runner of the biggest french RE fan site that Capcom has shown several big RE fan sites a RE game that going to be revealed at E3, but it's on embargo, but some 'details' were mentioned. Of course rumor, but the sources are crediable and don't make stuff up.

Their clues is pinpoints that the game will be revealed at E3, it is going to be a Resident Evil spin-off title, another attempt to be an old-school RE title like Revelations (heavily hinted it, in fact, may be a sequel to Revelations), it will feature three characters from the RE universe that we haven't seen in over a decade, two female and one male, one of them however has actually never been seen but been part of the RE lore.

That's about the extent of the rumor, but the sources make it seem likely, and this all came about a week ago, so very close to E3. We'll just have to see. If it is a sequel to Revelations, my hope is that they learned some things, are willing to go more horror than Revelations was, and hope it's being developed for consoles mainly rather than handhelds, as while I liked Revelations personally its handheld limitations showed on the console versions, and be interested if they made a game in that style specifically for consoles/PC.

masterkajo

It'll be weird watching E3, with the four press conferences all being for platforms that I'm not going to buy/download. Hopefully we'll get a lot of good games available on Steam.

Yeah, what will GabeN start doing his own conference with all upcoming Steam/PC games?

Lain

Just finished Real World Racing campaign. But... screw multiplayer achievements. How am I supposed to get them if the online is dead? Fun little game though, really enjoyed it.

Anyway, went to the developer (Playstos) site to see what other games they've made and I found this gem (yep, a racing game) called Fast Women:

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

I'd buy it if it was on Steam.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
FINALLY managed to get all 4 souls in DS2. Now to find out what to do next.
Your only halfway through. :)

Funny thing about the game's length; it took me around eighty hours to finish the first time, but now, after less then twenty hours in, i've almost finished NG+. Not really rushing either.

Jawmuncher

There's some very credible rumors from NewBot and the runner of the biggest french RE fan site that Capcom has shown several big RE fan sites a RE game that going to be revealed at E3, but it's on embargo, but some 'details' were mentioned. Of course rumor, but the sources are crediable and don't make stuff up.

Their clues is pinpoints that the game will be revealed at E3, it is going to be a Resident Evil spin-off title, another attempt to be an old-school RE title like Revelations (heavily hinted it, in fact, may be a sequel to Revelations), it will feature three characters from the RE universe that we haven't seen in over a decade, two female and one male, one of them however has actually never been seen but been part of the RE lore.

That's about the extent of the rumor, but the sources make it seem likely, and this all came about a week ago, so very close to E3. We'll just have to see. If it is a sequel to Revelations, my hope is that they learned some things, are willing to go more horror than Revelations was, and hope it's being developed for consoles mainly rather than handhelds, as while I liked Revelations personally its handheld limitations showed on the console versions, and be interested if they made a game in that style specifically for consoles/PC.

Was not tracking the 2nd female being one thats not shown.
Cant think of who that would be.

_hekk05

Banned
I wont even be able to drink out here all there is is nonalcoholoic beer. But ill drink that just because.
Just noticed you have a Date a Life avatar was your last avatar one was well? Tohka I think?
I have been able to watch season 1 and some of 2 on the share drive out here. I love it.

Drinking to drown your sorrows but your sorrows never go away? Sounds good! If there ever was Dino Crisis PC I wish for coop multiplayer with a server browser.

My last avatar was Nureha from Log Horizon.

Btw, are you a military personnel? Afghanistan?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Was not tracking the 2nd female being one thats not shown.
Cant think of who that would be.

It could be the male too, but given how these things usually work, it's most likely the female. My only guess is that it's someone from some file in the RE universe. But for who, I can't think of anyone off the top. Though obviously it'd be someone pre-RE4, so probably some female who had some importance.

I've had this weird idea that the game may feature spin-off RE characters. News Bot wasn't in-depth (and that's fine), but like, he's very knowledgeable on the RE series obviously. Claire for example seems a likely candidate, but does her appearance in Degeneration, Mercenaries 3D, Darkside Chronicles, and Operation Raccoon City count as her appearing the last decade? Does that same thing apply to Barry and Rebecca? Or are we just talking game appearances and canon appearances? If we assume that we are, then that leads quite a few characters open.

If we don't, then the only characters to truly not appear in over a decade are spin-off characters. In big part as we've had re-releases, retellings (in Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside, Operation Raccoon City). The more I've thought about it, the more likely I think it might star spin-off characters, actually.

Which would mean to me likely someone from the Survivor series of the Outbreak series, as those are the main 'canon' spin-off games, and those are characters who truly haven't appeared in the last decade.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hahaha, they're totally going to announce a new L4D before a new HL.

:(

never thought this would happen when that vid came out.

In the past I assumed there'd be no way that Episode Three/HL3 would skip HL2's 10th anniversary. Silly in hindsight. :p

Jawmuncher

Drinking to drown your sorrows but your sorrows never go away? Sounds good! If there ever was Dino Crisis PC I wish for coop multiplayer with a server browser.

My last avatar was Nureha from Log Horizon.

Btw, are you a military personnel? Afghanistan?

A server broswer would be nice. I really hate the shift to matchmaking everything is dead set on these days.
Ill see if Log Horizon is on the drive as well, need something to watch.
Yeah I am. Been over here since September, told SteamGAF back then but dont think you were around yet.

It could be the male too, but given how these things usually work, it's most likely the female. My only guess is that it's someone from some file in the RE universe. But for who, I can't think of anyone off the top. Though obviously it'd be someone pre-RE4, so probably some female who had some importance.

I've had this weird idea that the game may feature spin-off RE characters. News Bot wasn't in-depth (and that's fine), but like, he's very knowledgeable on the RE series obviously. Claire for example seems a likely candidate, but does her appearance in Degeneration, Mercenaries 3D, Darkside Chronicles, and Operation Raccoon City count as her appearing the last decade? Does that same thing apply to Barry and Rebecca? Or are we just talking game appearances and canon appearances? If we assume that we are, then that leads quite a few characters open.

If we don't, then the only characters to truly not appear in over a decade are spin-off characters. In big part as we've had re-releases, retellings (in Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside, Operation Raccoon City). The more I've thought about it, the more likely I think it might star spin-off characters, actually.

Which would mean to me likely someone from the Survivor series of the Outbreak series, as those are the main 'canon' spin-off games, and those are characters who truly haven't appeared in the last decade.

If anyone from the Outbreak games showed up id lose it.
But yeah spinoff games seem the most likely if the apoearances you mentioned count.
Since even if its a sort of sequel to revelations you could use those sort of characters to do a sort of soft reboot with a new series in the RE universe.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks to Hinomura for Tower Wars!

there would sooner be a DmC2 than a DMC5
You have got to be joking, mate. Goofy cheesy Dante >>>>>>>> Edgy emo Donte any day. It's a matter of artistic license>>>>>>>focus group preferences, at least imo.

I will admit that the platforming was better in DmC, but that's beside the point of the game type, which is HAVING A CURRRAYZEY PARTEEEE. And while we're at it, fuck those colour-restricted enemies, leave that shit for games that do it right, like Ikaruga and Outlands. Thank god there's apparently a mod for the PC version that gets rid of that, but it shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. I don't know how anyone could think that was a good idea.

yurinka

I'm a backer of Gods Will Be Watching, one of the new games to be released in Steam that appears featured in the OP and published by Revolver.

This game is going to be so fucking awesome. Check it, guys!

JaseC

I don't think it'd be a terrible idea to expand upon Steam Dev Days a bit and allow publishers to show off upcoming Steamworks games. Indies especially could benefit from the increased exposure.

I don't think it'd be a terrible idea to expand upon Steam Dev Days a bit and allow publishers to show off upcoming games. Indies especially could benefit from the increased exposure.

SDD is dev focused though. This would be separate from that. For fans and as you says pubs/devs could show stuff. Valve could show stuff. Like games. If they have anything to show. Or steam stuff. Not to mention they could hold tourneys for CS, TF, HL:DM whatever (Dota has the International).

It's such a no-brainer. Valve has millions of fans, Steam even more. Engage with them a bit in a more personal manner.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm a backer of Gods Will Be Watching, one of the new games to be released in Steam that appears featured in the OP and published by Revolver.

This game is going to be so fucking awesome. Check it, guys!

Already have it on my wishlist, just waiting to see the launch price. Devolver has a damn good eye for indie games to help with publishing so I don't doubt Gods will be pretty great.

JaseC

SDD is dev focused though. This would be separate from that. For fans and as you says pubs/devs could show stuff. Valve could show stuff. Like games. If they have anything to show. Or steam stuff. Not to mention they could hold tourneys for CS, TF, HL:DM whatever (Dota has the International).

It's such a no-brainer. Valve has millions of fans, Steam even more. Engage with them a bit in a more personal manner.

I realise that -- it's in the name, after all. ;) Holding two separate events just seems like a needless complication.

Well, they already have the International and SDD (they didn't promise there would be a next one/would be annual btw). One more wouldn't hurt :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks to Hinomura for Tower Wars!

You have got to be joking, mate. Goofy cheesy Dante >>>>>>>> Edgy emo Donte any day. It's a matter of artistic license>>>>>>>focus group preferences, at least imo.

I will admit that the platforming was better in DmC, but that's beside the point of the game type, which is HAVING A CURRRAYZEY PARTEEEE. And while we're at it, fuck those colour-restricted enemies, leave that shit for games that do it right, like Ikaruga and Outlands. Thank god there's apparently a mod for the PC version that gets rid of that, but it shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. I don't know how anyone could think that was a good idea.

I said what would happen, not what I would like to happen

_hekk05

Banned
A server broswer would be nice. I really hate the shift to matchmaking everything is dead set on these days.
Ill see if Log Horizon is on the drive as well, need something to watch.
Yeah I am. Been over here since September, told SteamGAF back then but dont think you were around yet.

Ah I see. Stay safe out there!

Your july should be filled with the International, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom