• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

I'm having some fun with Sniper Elite V2, but I'm also somewhat torn on it. On one hand, the sniping is pretty damn cool and honestly I can't get enough from seeing Nazi skulls explode. On the other hand the gameplay is getting repetitive (~6 Hrs in) where you start a level > kill some soldiers along to the way to the objective > do some sniping from the objective > kill some soldiers along to the way to the exit. Rinse and repeat. Luckily the level design is alright and the game looks good as well.

I'm also not sure if the game wants me to use stealth or go out guns blazing at times. When a new wave of enemies gets spawned (I hate that mechanic) they instantly know where I am, making it impossible for me to sneakily pick them off. So I'm just constantly popping in and out of cover shooting their faces off, like some demented form of Nazi Whack-A-Mole.

Then again, I'm not really complaining since I got it for free and like I said: Lining up that perfect shot and seeing the impact of the bullet and the destruction of Nazi skulls is pretty awesome.

Volimar

So I'm playing Sniper Elite V2 and I get to the mission where you blow up a bridge. I blow it, and then you're suppose to destroy a tank by shooting a fuel can on it, except I can't see the fuel can. The tank just sits there and takes pot shots at me, but never turns around, so if the tank is on the other side of it, I'm screwed because I don't think there's a way to get around it.

Tizoc

Well what do you know.
Gonna call up my friend and tell him about this since he wants TR 2013.
Of course after seeing all those deals he might not stop there
and I WON'T let him stop there; it's what Jase would do!

Ponn

Banned
Do most purchases from green man gaming work on Steam? I bought one once but had to use a GMG client but that was awhile ago.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
ugh im probably gonna grab this but I dont want to

ugh ugh ugh problems

I really have no reason to buy it either--I can't imagine it'd be much improved (particularly for the effort involved in improving it) by playing the PC versions over the emulated PSX versions. And I'm not really compelled to replay those titles either.

But it's only six bucks in playfire money. And you get to have Final Fantasy games on your Steam account.

Tizoc

Do most purchases from green man gaming work on Steam? I bought one once but had to use a GMG client but that was awhile ago.

A game page on GMG will tell you if it requires steam. Far as I know all their S-E games require Steam.

Ponn

Banned
A game page on GMG will tell you if it requires steam. Far as I know all their S-E games require Steam.

Ok cool, thats actually what I was looking for. I'm looking to keep the games nice in tidy in one client. I'm specifically looking at that FF 7 and 8 bundle.

Tizoc

Sweet jeebus in less than a day that Last Guardian thread is at 4000 posts, by end of the day it might even surpass the Steam thread...

I really have no reason to buy it either--I can't imagine it'd be much improved (particularly for the effort involved in improving it) by playing the PC versions over the emulated PSX versions. And I'm not really compelled to replay those titles either.

But it's only six bucks in playfire money. And you get to have Final Fantasy games on your Steam account.

There are fan patches and mods to improve FF7. I think it's like 10 GB or whereabouts.

_hekk05

Banned
PM me if there's an error. There are 3 equal length codes combined together

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls bundle -- MB-FBB656F311EA1E26 - Taken by Berto. 14 entrants total.

t1402230586z1.png

I considered making the modbot link addressee to JaseC, but thought better of it

Ryne

Perhaps I'm stupid, I don't know how to give away two games with one raffle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FINAL FANTASY VII -- MB-50CB3FDD4F6AB871 - Taken by wetflame. 6 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY VIII -- MB-54C9B7FA93DD3D3B - Taken by Kuroyume. 12 entrants total.

t1402220851z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Weird that GMG added Squeenix deals but Playfire added rewards for Paradox titles.

Tizoc

Weird that GMG added Squeenix deals but Playfire added rewards for Paradox titles.

There are S-E game rewards
FINAL FANTASY VIII - play for the first time - £0.10
FINAL FANTASY VIII - unlock Ifrit - £0.10
FINAL FANTASY VIII - unlock Loser - £0.25
FINAL FANTASY VIII - unlock Ragnarok - £0.50
Final Fantasy VII - play for the first time - £0.10
Final Fantasy VII - unlock Braver - £0.10
Final Fantasy VII - unlock Vincent - £0.25
Final Fantasy VII - unlock End of Part II - £0.50

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Yeah, only these. I was expecting rewards for Hitman, Tomb Raider, Thief, Deus Ex and Sleepy Dawgies. The FF ones probably require more time and dedication than the games I mentioned so fewer people will be able to get them

Salsa

im gonna be bummed when it's Konami day on GMG and I could have totally bought Enslaved with my playfire money that is now $0

damn you all

Tizoc

Yeah, only these. I was expecting rewards for Hitman, Tomb Raider, Thief, Deus Ex and Sleepy Dawgies. The FF ones probably require more time and dedication than the games I mentioned so fewer people will be able to get them

True, the Ifrit cheevo in FF8 is easy as you just need to defeat the first boss.

Danj

I'm currently playing remember me and it sure does look nice

I really liked Remember Me but I was never able to finish it because there was one boss fight that required a specific combo or set of moves or something and I just wasn't dextrous enough to be able to execute it. It was months ago so I don't remember exactly what it was but it was something like going around a corner in an alley and then you got to a dead end area, there were several enemy grunts as well as the boss and there was something specific you had to do to beat him.

I need something new to play .

Now the question is , which one Remember me or Wolfenstein TNO ?

havent played wolfenstein but remember me has a great setting and an ok story. Combat however I thought was a trainwreck and it is clearly the weakpoint of the game as it's not fun or at least I thought so. It's defiantly worth a playthrough but you most likely won't play it more than once if you like you like to play games more than once.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That Hitman pack doesn't include the Sniper Challenge either, right? That's literally the only thing I want and I think I'd have to buy the Absolution Elite edition to get it.

Jawmuncher

Theres a summon really called loser?

abracadaver

Company of Heroes:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Company of Heroes -- MB-9A8A9BBA023B0C73 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 1 entrants total.

t1402221456z1.png

Dascu

Been barely playing any games this year. So busy with my own stuff.

That said, finally got around to playing some Renegade Ops co-op with a friend. I had bought but not touched it since at least two Christmas sales ago. Good fun so far.

Ponn

Banned
Awesome. I got that 25% percent off voucher from that other thread and made a nice little purchase for my new Asus T100.

FF7/8 bundle
Age of Mythology Extended
Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection

for $30, not bad. Shame CandC is Origin only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom