• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, they already have the International and SDD (they didn't promise there would be a next one/would be annual btw). One more wouldn't hurt :p

Yeah, but SDD being an annual thing seems like a no-brainer. A year is a long time in the world of software development, plus I'm sure Valve's partners will also have new things to share, especially considering the strides being made to improve the position of Linux as a gaming platform.

Yeah, agreed. Especially if Valve don't talk about their Steam plans this year (which I hope doesn't happen), that place would be a good opportunity, with all the devs showing their concern more and more recently. They could also have more devs doing presentations.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im ready for a ultra bomba sale on Murdered Soul Suspect during the summer sale

edit:

Chernobyl Commando Build a Bundle 6 2014/06/08
Woodle Tree Adventures Build a Bundle 6 2014/06/07

stupid build a bundle 6, why did i skip it

Arthea

I'm doing my library sorting too, well half of it is categorized, but being as lazy as I am, I can't finish this work (><)
Anyway, what would really help me - the list of multiplay only games on steam, some of them are described as multi only, and some of them I know being multi only, but there are ones that I'm not sure about, and I know some of them have singleplay slapped to them, like it doesn't matter. I don't feel like running them all to check. So is there such a list anywhere? That would help to finish at least one category!

I'm doing my library sorting too, well half of it is categorized, but being as lazy as I am, I can't finish this work (><)
Anyway, what would really help me - the list of multiplay only games on steam, some of them are described as multi only, and some of them I know being multi only, but there are ones that I'm not sure about, and I know some of them have singleplay slapped to them, like it doesn't matter. I don't feel like running them all to check. So is there such a list anywhere? That would help to finish at least one category!
A bunch of games that came from bundles I have no idea what they are about, and I couldn't bother to look them up, so I have a long list of uncategorized games like you.

JaseC

im ready for a ultra bomba sale on Murdered Soul Suspect during the summer sale

edit:

Chernobyl Commando Build a Bundle 6 2014/06/08
Woodle Tree Adventures Build a Bundle 6 2014/06/07

stupid build a bundle 6, why did i skip it

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I bought the bundle but opted only for the games that were Steam-redeemable at the time. *slaps past self*

Arthea

A bunch of games that came from bundles I have no idea what they are about, and I couldn't bother to look them up, so I have a long list of uncategorized games like you.

but you see there is a point in doing so. Most multi games I tried on steam are deader then the corpse of AAA gaming
(I had to make this joke with all E3 insanity going around, sorry (><)
. Knowing that I would never need to install and check them unless I want to play some of them with someone, hence category. And I'm not feeling like moving them to my infamous NOPE category, as I haven't played them and what if they are good, just nobody knows about it, until someone plays and informs me!

Miscellaneous is a category too!!!

no it isn't!
It means: "I can't be bothered to categorize it"

Jawmuncher

Ah I see. Stay safe out there!

Your july should be filled with the International, at least.

Thanks. Cant wait to get back so I can actually play some stuff with SteamGAF among other things.
International should hopefully be decent.

----------------

Bundle indie games are the worst thing to organize.
I just throw them into categories labeled to play, maybe, or unworthy.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks to Hinomura for Tower Wars!

You have got to be joking, mate. Goofy cheesy Dante >>>>>>>> Edgy emo Donte any day. It's a matter of artistic license>>>>>>>focus group preferences, at least imo.

I will admit that the platforming was better in DmC, but that's beside the point of the game type, which is HAVING A CURRRAYZEY PARTEEEE. And while we're at it, fuck those colour-restricted enemies, leave that shit for games that do it right, like Ikaruga and Outlands. Thank god there's apparently a mod for the PC version that gets rid of that, but it shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. I don't know how anyone could think that was a good idea.

njx.gif

Uncle Dante = Best Dante
1358846038223.png

Should I buy the Kane and Lynch Pack from GMG? I own the first game on PS3 and it was an ok TPS, although I never finished it. Don't know if the second game is any better. I think it got panned by reviews

i think its pretty incredible. the level design, pacing, set pieces are all great.

r3n4ud

i think its pretty incredible. the level design, pacing, set pieces are all great.

Agreed. I only played the second one on Xbox a few years ago and had a great time. I actually picked up both yesterday on sale at Getgamesgo. Definetly pick up both as I heard the first one is fun as well.

Arthea

talking about be mine 13. It's more or less clear that the goal of 15K won't be met, what will happen to bonuses. We won't get them?

JaseC

talking about be mine 13. It's more or less clear that the goal of 15K won't be met, what will happen to bonuses. We won't get them?

I don't think a Groupees bundle has ever fallen short of final bonus tier/s so that's an interesting question.

Arthea

I don't think a Groupees bundle has ever fallen short of final bonus tier/s so that's an interesting question.

did they ever had such insane requirements for bonuses to be unlocked (aside from last xmas bundle)? I can't remember.

I remember that xmas bundle didn't make to last bonus (20k bundles sold), if I'm not mistaken.

It could be the male too, but given how these things usually work, it's most likely the female. My only guess is that it's someone from some file in the RE universe. But for who, I can't think of anyone off the top. Though obviously it'd be someone pre-RE4, so probably some female who had some importance.

I've had this weird idea that the game may feature spin-off RE characters. News Bot wasn't in-depth (and that's fine), but like, he's very knowledgeable on the RE series obviously. Claire for example seems a likely candidate, but does her appearance in Degeneration, Mercenaries 3D, Darkside Chronicles, and Operation Raccoon City count as her appearing the last decade? Does that same thing apply to Barry and Rebecca? Or are we just talking game appearances and canon appearances? If we assume that we are, then that leads quite a few characters open.

If we don't, then the only characters to truly not appear in over a decade are spin-off characters. In big part as we've had re-releases, retellings (in Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside, Operation Raccoon City). The more I've thought about it, the more likely I think it might star spin-off characters, actually.

Which would mean to me likely someone from the Survivor series of the Outbreak series, as those are the main 'canon' spin-off games, and those are characters who truly haven't appeared in the last decade.

Yeah, I've seen the rumour. Kinda worried about the direction they're taking though. If it's really a Revelations sequel, I hope they either move further away from pure action gameplay or drastically improve the combat. Ideally, I'd like something with the RE6 mechanics in close quarters where you need to use your environment to escape from the zombies but that seems like a pipedream.

fantomena

Finally finished Dark Souls 2. Amazing game with a weird ending (I expected it since it's a Souls game).

Demon's Souls is still better though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah, I've seen the rumour. Kinda worried about the direction they're taking though. If it's really a Revelations sequel, I hope they either move further away from pure action gameplay or drastically improve the combat. Ideally, I'd like something with the RE6 mechanics in close quarters where you need to use your environment to escape from the zombies but that seems like a pipedream.

Likely a pipe-dream. My stance is that Revelations had interesting ideas and moments, and for example Raid Mode was a treat for me. But then it held itself back in some ways, the sub-chapters with other characters were mostly meh, it was really too action-like for its own good, they seemed too afraid to go for real puzzles and have fewer enemies. Definite room for improvement.

But I also think maybe given a second shot and responding to criticisms, and maybe with a console focus rather than handheld (I think designing a game for consoles and handheld are very different things and think the sort of horror RE goes for might work best for consoles), they could come out with something truly special. I just hope they're willing to be more daring honestly is the main thing, as I think a lot of Revelations biggest flaws comes from it trying to be too safe in areas.

Tizoc

I wouldn't call DmC Dante emo nor edgy; he's just a cocky guy.
His character develops throughout the game from a rebel without a cause to bringing down Mundus not only for revenge but to free humanity from his tyranny.

I liked him by the end of the game TBH, and am kinda sad we won't get to see how this rendition could develop.

rtcn63

All the Dante's are arguably d-bags in their own way- it usually comes to down which sort you can deal with. I prefer DMC3 Dante because he's relatively nonchalant for a an overconfident '80s schlock star. Reboot Dante isn't total buttcheeks as a personality, he's just your average not bad-looking not-terribly mature teenage guy with emotional baggage stereotype.

Still a few games left to give away

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Men of War -- MB-5872E915AE38E3E1
NightSky -- MB-BB63B17149631C57

Kifimbo

I think this is still available:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-FECDC97A804E02E4 - Taken by Halo 2

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there any coupon that goes on top of that 66% on Thief at GMG?

Garcia

Guys, I want to gift a complete set of keys to one single person through a Raffle. How am I to do this using ModBot?

Should I only register one key and wait until the user wins the raffle, then send him all the remaining keys via PM?

JaseC

Guys, I want to gift a complete set of keys to one single person through a Raffle. How am I to do this using ModBot?

Should I only register one key and wait until the user wins the raffle, then send him all the remaining keys via PM?

You can register multiple keys with the one item; just separate each key with a space. E.g.:

Half-Life 2 + Episodes: BLAH1-BLAH2-BLAH3 BLAH4-BLAH5-BLAH6 BLAH7-BLAH8-BLAH9

_hekk05

Banned

Do what I did, combine the keys. Just say how long each key is and let the winner input them

Edit: Dammit JaseC

Lomax

did they ever had such insane requirements for bonuses to be unlocked (aside from last xmas bundle)? I can't remember.

I remember that xmas bundle didn't make to last bonus (20k bundles sold), if I'm not mistaken.

Presumably it will go back to a regular "unlock each tier" schedule like most bundles, most likely with the goals significantly lowered from the original projections. The requirements weren't at all insane when you look at the sales of the past few BeMine bundles (25-35k), and this one took off like a shot with over 9k on the first day, but then it just died. One day there were barely 300 bundles sold. We may see a return of their dollar bundle days as well, which would no doubt be a sizable bump.

JaseC

Anything essential for a run of Witcher 1? I've played a bit and know the combat is a pain, maybe a mod fixes it?

From today's LTTP thread:

There's not much you need to know. But there are two mods I highly reccomend. The Texturen Mod and the Hi-Res Characters Models pack.
Personally I'd recommed the full combat rebalance mod. It makes it so that you are rewarded for using the correct style/buffs against certain monster types (which you can learn about somewhere in the game i believe).

Other than that early on sometimes you'll need to run instead of fight or wait until daytime to go out questing because things can get nasty at night. Also read information about the monsters as you'll learn how to best deal with them. I remember an early cave/dungeon I went into having these super tough beasts inside that just slaughtered me until i figured out the correct buff to put on my sword to deal with them.

Also if you ever get completely stuck, as in a quest requires an item and the game has glitched you in some way don't be afraid to use the witcher save editor to just drop that item into your inventory. I remember it happened to me at one point.
The "Stuff That Makes Geralt's Life Easier" mod is essential in my book.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7qs4flm2grmdqb

The storage system is a pain since you must always return to a bar/inn, and the mod lets you carry/store items on the fly. Additionally, you can meditate anywhere to level up instead of having to track down a fire. Finally, you can use cateye (see in the dark) anytime because a Witcher already has that ability. They shouldn't have to use a potion for it.

Instructions are in the txt file. Have a great time playing this amazing game. : )
Mods to install:
Texturen Mod
High Res Character Models (can't remember if this was the name exacty, but it's linked before in this thread already)
Rise of the White Wolf (this hasn't been said before in the thread, adds quite a lot of stuff to the game) [Note: Not highlighted because I'm recommending it myself, but rather just to make it stand out among the other suggestions listed]
Full Combat Rebalance Mod (changes combat to a slightly better and more fit to the books I think)

All of these mods are compatible with each other. I think Rise of the White Wolf tells the installation order too.

Sure it's easy when Aard stuns, but it doesn't stun it nearly always. The first time I killed The Beast I stunned it the first time and one shotted it. But then I went back to a slightly earlier save to check something, and had to fight the beast for like 6 times before managing it.

Garcia

One of my all time favorite sagas. Enjoy, GAF!

ModBot said:
Legacy of Kain Pack

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legacy of Kain Pack -- MB-C792AD6AC50FC7B2

t1402253632z1.png

fantomena

How the hell did you go from getting the 4 Lord Souls to beating the game in 2 hours?

I use that binocular cheat tingy to sprint fast. The bosses were not so hard either in opposite to Demons Souls.

Demons Souls has thoguht me quite many good tips to deal with bosses.

I also tried just to run through all the enemies. Worked fine, Dragon Aerie and Dragon Shrine was dificulty though.

TL;DR: I speedrunned the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom