• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ominator

Neo Member
yay, about 100 games aren't displayed in my steamclient (PC).
Today i opted out of the beta program and after restarting I had to reassign my favorites. while doing that I noticed that about 100 games where missing from the library.
I checked the steam client in my MBP, which I havent restarted, and they are still displayed there (and I'm not going to restart the os x client anytime soon). I also checked the steamdb.calculator and here my games are display to. So I just contacted steam support in hope they can just fix the display(?)-issue.
meh, great start for a sunday...

anyone having similar issues?

ra5jVzo.jpg

such speed, worst download server ever

Tizoc

Could someone provide a step by step on how to access the Chat or Group Chat on an iPhone using the Steam app please?

fantomena

IGN almost killed me today, played with my fucking emotions. Nobody plays with my hearth like that, can't take it.

It's like IGN made a rumor about Zynga buying Valve.

Berto

I'm depressed just to think i'll "have" to continue the Ass Creed III playthrough I left on standby when I'm finished with Dark Souls 2. I mean how the hell I'm supposed to keep motivated after such a downgrade? :D

I'm depressed just to think i'll "have" to continue the Ass Creed III playthrough I left on standby when I'm finished with Dark Souls 2. I mean how the hell I'm supposed to keep motivated after such a downgrade? :D
Games are not chores, drop them if you don't want to finish them.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Should I buy the Kane and Lynch Pack from GMG? I own the first game on PS3 and it was an ok TPS, although I never finished it. Don't know if the second game is any better. I think it got panned by reviews

Dr Dogg

Aaaaand done!
E7pHwD1.png

Going to wait for Dusk's final thoughts before chiming in with my experience, Missing 3 collectable based achievements that you can't reload and go back for was a kick in the teeth though. Regardless though I liked it. It's not perfect but then again what game is.

Plus about an hour of that playtime was probably the bloody credits.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Should I buy the Kane and Lynch Pack from GMG? I own the first game on PS3 and it was an ok TPS, although I never finished it. Don't know if the second game is any better. I think it got panned by reviews

I personally really enjoyed K&L2 but I only paid a fiver for it. As a full priced game it is a very difficult pill to swallow but the multiplayer having the potential for backstabs and double crosses made every match insanely tense. Not only was I worried the guy behind me was going to open fire on my head and take my chunk of the share, I frequently considered the benefits of mowing down a few guys and making out with a few mil extra myself. Cops & Robbers was entertaining, but Undercover Cop was where it was really at. One man has to try and stop the heist without getting caught? Fan-goddamn-tastic. Sucks the multiplayer is dead now.

The story is vile as shit, both of the characters are deplorable human scum with a glimmer of light in their black hearts. And yet you watch Dumb & Dumber make mistake after mistake falling deeper into a hole they themselves dug to get buried in. It's the darkest comedy I've ever played. Plenty of legit criticisms can be had about its game mechanics but really it's one of the few panned games I felt wasn't as bad as it all was.

Why are you all looking at me like that.

Jawmuncher

I personally really enjoyed K&L2 but I only paid a fiver for it. As a full priced game it is a very difficult pill to swallow but the multiplayer having the potential for backstabs and double crosses made every match insanely tense. Not only was I worried the guy behind me was going to open fire on my head and take my chunk of the share, I frequently considered the benefits of mowing down a few guys and making out with a few mil extra myself. Cops & Robbers was entertaining, but Undercover Cop was where it was really at. One man has to try and stop the heist without getting caught? Fan-goddamn-tastic. Sucks the multiplayer is dead now.

The story is vile as shit, both of the characters are deplorable human scum with a glimmer of light in their black hearts. And yet you watch Dumb & Dumber make mistake after mistake falling deeper into a hole they themselves dug to get buried in. It's the darkest comedy I've ever played. Plenty of legit criticisms can be had about its game mechanics but really it's one of the few panned games I felt wasn't as bad as it all was.

Why are you all looking at me like that.
I love KL and for the exact reasons you mentioned on the story.
2 is well worth a play at a cheap price the tps mechanics are solid and its only real flaw was the story mode is 4 hours in length on easy or normal.
MP was great but dead like you mentioned but the mode with the bots was a bit of fun as well.

The_Monk

Going to wait for Dusk's final thoughts before chiming in with my experience, Missing 3 collectable based achievements that you can't reload and go back for was a kick in the teeth though. Regardless though I liked it. It's not perfect but then again what game is.

Plus about an hour of that playtime was probably the bloody credits.

I'm going to wait for your impressions. Same with the final impressions from Dusk. Lot's of achievements seems to be Story related no? Either way if it's 12-15 hours long I think it's fine. I was tempted to get the Limited Edition since the journal looked interesting.

Tizoc

Hmm I am at a sort of a dilemma regarding E3...do I watch MS and some of EA, then go to bed and wake up in time for Sony's conference and chat with my fellow SteamGAFfers on the GAF meltdown?

Dr Dogg

I'm going to wait for your impressions. Same with the final impressions from Dusk. Lot's of achievements seems to be Story related no? Either way if it's 12-15 hours long I think it's fine. I was tempted to get the Limited Edition since the journal looked interesting.

Well without giving away how many collectables, side quests or other aspects of the game there are it's about 20% story achievements you'll get regardless, 50% collectable achievements which took up a lot of my playtime and the rest are tied to abilities and such. I'd say you could blast through the story in give or take 5 hours but really this game warrants taking your time and exploring every unturned stone as there's a fair bit of back and side story in the collectables I feel most will miss if you don't hunt them down.

Edit: Oh regards to the journal, I haven't really had a look for fear of spoilers but it's really nice (well considering it was the same price for a Limed Ed compared to a standard one). It's about the size of a bluray box, has a hardcover and the binding is glued and stitched so should be very robust. Cover has a slight brushed texture to it and the paper stock is good quality silk finish. Not bad for a freebie.

The_Monk

Well without giving away how many collectables, side quests or other aspects of the game there are it's about 20% story achievements you'll get regardless, 50% collectable achievements which took up a lot of my playtime and the rest are tied to abilities and such. I'd say you could blast through the story in give or take 5 hours but really this game warrants taking your time and exploring every unturned stone as there's a fair bit of back and side story in the collectables I feel most will miss if you don't hunt them down.

Thanks for answering! I do like to take my time with my games and explore them, look for things that can give more strength to the story etc. I just hope people don't rush the game in 4-5 hours, it seems to destroy the experience.

Jawmuncher

Hmm I am at a sort of a dilemma regarding E3...do I watch MS and some of EA, then go to bed and wake up in time for Sony's conference and chat with my fellow SteamGAFfers on the GAF meltdown?

Sounds like a solid plan to me.
Im still stuck over here in afghanistan so I have to catch MS at 2100 at Sonys the next day at 530am.
Going to skip EA and Ubi since I doubt there will be anything hugely worthwhile...plus im only in this E3 for the mythical Dino Crisis.
Though I cant livestream so joystiq liveblog is all ill be able to do.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Microsoft's begins at 12:30am here, so my plan is to watch that then wake up at 9am for Sony's. I've never bothered with publisher-specific conferences, so EA and Ubi I couldn't care less about.

Edit: That being said, I'm hoping for some news on BG&E2.

Levyne

Banned
I just flew across the Atlantic so I gotta figure out what all is when again. I think Sony's is at 3 am for me and then work backwards for the others...will probably be up all night, haha. Won't help the jet lag.

Zafir

One of these years I won't be away when e3 is on. Haven't been able to watch the conferences live for ages now. Mind you they tend to be disappointing anyway.

JaseC

One of these years I won't be away when e3 is on. Haven't been able to watch the conferences live for ages now. Mind you they tend to be disappointing anyway.

For the first time ever, both the MS and Sony conferences are following a console launch, so there's bound to be at least one or two surprises. I do agree that E3 has definitely been rather lacklustre in recent years, though, but I'd chalk that down to the particularly long life of Gen 7.

Genki

I'm only really interested in seeing what t-shirt Aisha Tyler's going to wear.

Her being involved in such a lame event usually negatively impacts my enjoyment of Archer a tiny bit. Thankfully it's just a temporary effect.

Cool, I missed wasting money on FF games I might never launch!

Zafir

For the first time ever, both the MS and Sony conferences are following a console launch, so there's bound to be at least one or two surprises. I do agree that E3 has definitely been rather lacklustre in recent years, though, but I'd chalk that down to the particularly long life of Gen 7.
Well, I think it's partly that but also partly that most things aren't surprising any more. Most stuff ends up getting leaked or something. Microsoft seems to have already announced a good number of titles.

Tizoc

I just flew across the Atlantic so I gotta figure out what all is when again. I think Sony's is at 3 am for me and then work backwards for the others...will probably be up all night, haha. Won't help the jet lag.

I used to get insomnia from Jet Lag too heh.

Look up the stickied E3 thread, it lists when each conference starts. So once a conference you aren't interested in starts look up when Sony starts and plan ahead =V

JaseC

Well, I think it's partly that but also partly that most things aren't surprising any more. Most stuff ends up getting leaked or something. Microsoft seems to have already announced a good number of titles.

Yeah, that's true, especially this year, seemingly, with all the pre-E3 announcements/media releases.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, that's true, especially this year, seemingly, with all the pre-E3 announcements/media releases.

I like fo pretend the pre announcements are so the show can focus on the actual cool stuff.
Since all of the pre qnnouncements dont interest me in the slightest. Would be sad if those ended up the highlights of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom