• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand, I put a card up for 14 cents and was the first person listed(with other people after me with higher prices) Just checked to see why it hadn't sold and there were 8 people in front of me who had put it up for 14 cents as well :/

AHA-Lambda

Idk if this is news or not, but I seen some people asking earlier but Gods Will Be Watching is available from the games site currently for $8.99 at a 10% pre order discount.

http://www.godswillbewatching.com/

Also, as an aside, as I've said in other threads, I echo the sentiments on Murdered: Soul Suspect. It's certainly very short and quite rough around the edges but if I feel if you are someone who enjoys an emphasis on story in games then it's really worth a playthrough if you get it cheap. Reviewers were way too harsh on it, and I at least appreciate a game trying to dos something different given the creatively stagnant retail scene.

topyy

anybody missed it ?
ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nether Chosen Pack -- MB-217E2BB2F76FC862 - Taken by Purkake4. 19 entrants total.

t1402270572z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, uh, while I am assured that this year is the year GAF finally stays up for E3, just in case I will probably be taking ModBot's giveaway function down tomorrow morning North American time. It makes no sense to have it running if network connectivity is so poor that people have no idea if stuff is going through or not, edits are failing, etc. If it makes it through the Monday conferences I'll bring it back up Monday night. While it's down, nothing will be drawn for, so please ensure that you don't create a 24 hour giveaway tonight or 3 hour giveaways overnight or tomorrow morning North American time.

In addition, if ModBot is up, a network connectivity warning will be added to giveaways so that people can expect aberrations like taken games not being edited out.

Dr Dogg

Well judging by the times and frequency of posts in the crazy IGN/Last Guardian thread this year might be the year, stupid or anticipated announcements notwithstanding of course. I think on the PC specific and moreover Steam front it's going to be as quite as usual.

They did use them for dragon age 2 but the switch to frostbite engine could give some hope.

Well it's easier to obfuscate how much you're paying for your Horse Armour Flames of the Inquisition Armored Mount DLC by using Disney Dollars than real money :p

Uzzy

jeeze. I guess Inquisition will continue with this. Glad I stopped playing Bioware games.

Had Inquisition let me dress up like this and purge all the mages, I'd have bought ten copies.

6zIJ54E.jpg

Man I'd do horrible things for a 40k CRPG.

Arthea

I think I reached the point where constantly low or easily depleted in couple actions stamina is able to kill any game for me, even good one. Why would I need this shit in my games when I have enough of that in rl, seriously (><)

Arthea

I don't believe that there are people that like Donte better, you are doing it for giggles or other reasons
like science (><)

Parsnip

Eh, I never cared for the white haired pretty boy douche Dante, dark haired pretty boy douche Dante is closer to my heart.

I have an older Nvidia card, a GTX 460 1GB. It, with my FX-6300 and 8 GBs of RAM, can run pretty much everything at 1080p, with exceptions.

Depends on what you consider running :p

Still surprised by how nice looking X-Com: The Bureau is given what I imagine to be its relatively low budget compared to other AAA games. Some really gorgeous tech in the PC version.

I've got a question about Steam Family Sharing.

My sister expressed interest in one of my games, so I was thinking of letting her in on the family sharing. But when I read how it works, I was still left confused. Can we use Steam at the same time (meaning can she play one game on my list while I play another?) Because I thought I saw somewhere that it said you're supposed to add someone to your sharing list, then sign out. What's the deal here?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

My sister expressed interest in one of my games, so I was thinking of letting her in on the family sharing. But when I read how it works, I was still left confused. Can we use Steam at the same time (meaning can she play one game on my list while I play another?) Because I thought I saw somewhere that it said you're supposed to add someone to your sharing list, then sign out. What's the deal here?

Once you've set up family sharing between the accounts, you can still log in and use the social features while she plays. The minute you boot up a game though it will warn her and then kick her out. It isn't so much a shared game as it is a shared library. If you use your library, they can't use games you own.

Grief.exe

You both can't be online at the same time. If you launch your game in offline mode, she will be able to play a game from your library.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

You are sharing your whole list, not individual games, so if she is playing any game on your list and you launch a game, she'll be kicked out. If she buys her own copy of that game, she'll of course be able to play it while you're playing it. You can also get around it by having you play it offline, although obviously you'll be in offline mode.

Trejik

SteamGAF, I call on thee.

I just finished Torchlight II and I need more loot-based ARPG in me.

Any recommendations? I've never played Diablo 2 to completion and haven't touched it since about 5 years... but I don't know if it holds up enough today. Anything more modern and similar to Torchlight?

Any recommendations? I've never played Diablo 2 to completion and haven't touched it since about 5 years... but I don't know if it holds up enough today. Anything more modern and similar to Torchlight?
Titan Quest and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1 and 2 should scratch a similar itch. I prefer Titan Quest over Van Helsing because of its flexibility in character leveling but you can't go wrong either way.

Path of Exile and Marvel Heroes are also good F2P options.

rtcn63

Path of Exile (F2P, but pretty good F2P), Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Diablo 3 once it's bundled with the expansion and at significant discount.

Grief.exe

Van Helsing games are not bad but they dont have replayability and their multiplayer is pretty buggy.

As he didn't cite either of those requirements I don't think the recommendation will be an issue.

I haven't played it, but SteamGAF seems to love those games.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I heard a lot of good things about Grim Dawn. It's still in Early Access but it offers a fairly big amount of content. It's from the devs of Titan Quest

Santiako

Diablo 2 is still by far the best of its kind, it holds up extremely well. I would also recommend Divine Divinity from the same era (2002), also holds up remarkably well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom