• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically CDPR could lock down the subs that way, but South Park is the only game I'm aware of that does so outside of Eastern Europe (the German and Aussie subs also suffer), plus it'd make The Witcher 3 another case of a sub being retroactively region-locked up the wazoo and all such previous cases were ultimately reversed as it harmed those who did actually receive the games as a gift. Adding the gifting/trading restriction is the simplest and least messy way of dealing with cross-region trading. Sure, there's collateral damage with regard to unused gift copies, but that's far less annoying than an IP-based restriction, which also impacts those who've already activated the game.

Basically, as long as you don't let copies linger in your inventory, you'll be fine.

Glad I already activated mine. whew!

GFWL will continue to work for a while. There's no sign of a Steamworks patch.

Such a shame. I think Demon's Souls is more active than Dark Souls.

Have you tried Path of Exile? It's free.

I can agree with this. I havn't jumped in in a while, but really enjoyed it back in the beta.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SteamGAF, I call on thee.

I just finished Torchlight II and I need more loot-based ARPG in me.

Any recommendations? I've never played Diablo 2 to completion and haven't touched it since about 5 years... but I don't know if it holds up enough today. Anything more modern and similar to Torchlight?

9giFN.gif

Grief.exe

I wish Disney had actually given a shit about the IPs. Instead of just contracting out wholesale to a shitty publisher in EA, put out contracts individually.

• Republic Commando 2 - Mikami
  • Jedi Knight IV - Platinum
  • Pod Racing - Bizarre Creations (RIP)
  • Battlefront III - Dice is probably still the best choice. Valve, Crytek, Splash Damage could also be interesting picks.
  • Knights of the Old Republic - Obsidian or CD Projekt Red

I'm looking forward to it, assuming you mean me. :)

Yes. I could remember your avatar at the moment, but not the username. :)
I had to cut the resolution down to 320 because it was too big to host on pomf.se.
I'll upload it momentarily if it's done processing to webm.

I'm going to write up the reason why I chose this particular segment of footage:
(1) my gameplay isn't totally garbage.
(2) well it is on the first run, where i die about 10-20 seconds in because of how the time = life system... but that's why i chose it... it shows how the game challenges you to not get hit at all because of the stiff penalty if you keep screwing up.
(3) You can also see how I start pulling some noob manuevers and spam the subweapon... you're not *really* supposed to use those if you're going for a score run because it resets your multiplier.
(4) You can see one of the flaws (or strengths) in that the story mode kind of encourages you to try to 1CC it... or at least to play through in one sitting... as I'm playing in a later stage and I start with no weapon upgrades and that makes it tough to take down some enemies fast enough to not be slammed into bullet hell.

I cut it off before one of the most unique boss fights because, well, spoilers.
The video has spoilers, since it's like stage 5, but only in the sense that you can see enemy types, a mini boss, and the stage design.

Part 1:
http://a.pomf.se/pdmucd.webm
Part 2:
http://a.pomf.se/oehdzo.webm

The "gradius" type part comes in when you choose your pilot and ship as it affects your sub-weapon and your normal fire patterns, I think (as well as your hitbox).

The background music is what really makes this video great, really compliments the voice acting.

Indeed.

--

I'm not clicking that, cheddahz.

I just realized it's not available in my region. And since it's a F2P title, I can't trade for it either. Bummer. :(

Then Path of Exile's official site is for you!

I'd recommend any of the Soldak ARPGs on Steam, but they definitely aren't for everybody. Very low-fi visuals, but ambitious and interesting game design. Try a demo if you think it's for you.

Lomax

Sometimes I wonder how far down the top 100 list you actually have to go before you hit the "sold once in the last day" or less levels of sales. I suspect a lot of the time it's a lot more of the list that you'd think.

Lomax

My god. That was fast. You people are amazing.

I tried PoE but the online aspect kind of drew me away. Might give it a shot. Van Helsing looks awesome, and although not a fan of Early Access, I'll keep my eye on Divinity and Grim Dawn.

Anything here that's "worth it but better on sale"?

Van Helsing and Titan Quest will both be under $5 in the summer sale. Titan Quest has been bundled several times so you might find cheap copies on traders. Sacred 2 has a pretty strong following and is also under $5 during sales as well as having been bundled.

My god. That was fast. You people are amazing.

I tried PoE but the online aspect kind of drew me away. Might give it a shot. Van Helsing looks awesome, and although not a fan of Early Access, I'll keep my eye on Divinity and Grim Dawn.

Anything here that's "worth it but better on sale"?

If you like Diablo 2 and want more of a game very similar to that, PoE is your first and best bet. It feels and appears very similar by design. It helps that PoE is also a fine game in its own right, untainted by common free-to-play traps.

DasFool

So Overkill are advertising that their new DLC for Payday 2 will be playable at E3. I really want to go give it a try, but I am afraid that I will be stopped before I even enter the building. I have no pass or ticket. They mention on this page that you don't need a ticket as they will be in the West Hall consumer area, but again, I am unsure.

Anyone know the validity of this? I'd rather not drive an hour just to be shafted.

Any recommendations? I've never played Diablo 2 to completion and haven't touched it since about 5 years... but I don't know if it holds up enough today. Anything more modern and similar to Torchlight?

Grim Dawn is an interesting loot-based action rpg. It's kind of like Torchlight in that it's not a straight up medieval fantasy, Grim Dawn is set in the ruins of a more modern era, like the 1800's, with the supernatural bleeding in. Where Grim Dawn differs from Torchlight is its aesthetic. Torchlight, as much as I love those games, looks like a Saturday morning cartoon whereas Grim Dawn is a much darker game, closer to the horror of the older Diablo's more than anything else, I guess. Grim Dawn is an Early Access game but like Broforce it does feel pretty feature complete. I think they have the first two Acts done. They're just adding more content and features as they go.

I've sunk about 8 or 9 hours into it, which is nothing, but I had a lot of fun making a rifle carrying plague mage with a small army of familiars. I just kinda stopped playing cos I want to wait for the full game to come out before getting too far into it.

It's being worked on by a small group of ex-Titan Quest devs and I really liked what I've played of it. Definitely a game to keep an eye on and probably worth jumping in on the Early Access for.

Kaleinc

Banned

Titan Quest with Immortal Throne add on should keep you busy for months. So much better than Torchlights and even D3 (arguably).

Invade someone's game, but swerve expectations and aid them by defeating various enemies in the game for them. Different experience to enjoy.

If they try to chase you down, just play Yakety Sax and enjoy the best game of hide and seek on Steam.
Is there a place to buy red eye orbs?

Volimar

Marvel Heroes is a f2p mmo that might fit your needs.

Tenrius

Incidentally, I played through the several missions of Descent: Freespace and it's was FANTASTIC. I'm at the part where you get the shields.

Authority

Banned
I will stop playing DCM4 without a controller. Seriously fuck this shit. Every time I am on a boss I got a bucket of sweat.

And for the ME1 Mod follow these instructions like the bubble,

Step1. Install the latest ME1 patch
Step2. Extra all files from the mod.
Step3. Run as administrator the installer.

Before you do anything check that you have the appropriate Direct installed for this game.

I can't believe I am saying this but ME1 is so much more challenging than ME2 and ME3. But fuck me with the party commands. Half the time they are having buttsex glitching somewhere.

Annnnnnnnd Dragon Nest is awesome.

tumblr_n63wkrLllh1rjqvt6o1_500.gif

Dragon Nest (Free MMORPG): Game Review 2014

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So those of you who are interested in witcher 3 from Russian traders may want to get in on it fast. I expect a region lock coming soon; This region lock would affect any non-redeemed copies at that point and any newly bought ones. The ones that were already redeemed would not be locked.

What is the going rate, if I may ask?

I will stop playing DCM4 without a controller. Seriously fuck this shit. Every time I am on a boss I got a bucket of sweat.

Before you do anything check that you have the appropriate Direct installed for this game.

I can't believe I am saying this but ME1 is so much more challenging than ME2 and ME3. But fuck me with the party commands. Half the time they are having buttsex glitching somewhere.

All that, and still no way to sort your inventory?

Legendary support from EA continues.

Grief.exe

jkKHZKu.png

Steam users never cease to amaze. It's actually #61. At full price.

I'd imagine the ultimate goal was to drum up interest in the sequel, which is now #13 on the top sellers chart.

So those of you who are interested in witcher 3 from Russian traders may want to get in on it fast. I expect a region lock coming soon; This region lock would affect any non-redeemed copies at that point and any newly bought ones. The ones that were already redeemed would not be locked.
What is the going rate, if I may ask?

Looks like about 13 TF2 keys.

Ryne

Annnnnnnnd Dragon Nest is awesome.

tumblr_n63wkrLllh1rjqvt6o1_500.gif

Dragon Nest (Free MMORPG): Game Review 2014
How is the F2P aspect of Dragon's Nest? I have a pretty high tolerance level of F2P, but I'm still curious.

I'd imagine the ultimate goal was to drum up interest in the sequel, which is now #13 on the top sellers chart.

Looks like about 13 TF2 keys.

Just throwing it out there that traders will usually do a better deal if you just use paypal. Grabbed mine yesterday for a bit cheaper. In any case, I'm content even if there wasn't a summer sale now with that bought.
lol

Grief.exe

If you guys are about to go hog wild on keys, Target is doing a special $18 for $20 Steam code, so you can save a few bucks.

Just throwing it out there that traders will usually do a better deal if you just use paypal. Grabbed mine yesterday for a bit cheaper. In any case, I'm content even if there wasn't a summer sale now with that bought.
lol

PM me who you did business with and how much if you could.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the nvidia 800 series coming this year? Need to start thinking of upgrading for Witcher 3 (and most current gen stuff, my 4 year old system is starting to struggle)

r3n4ud

Be the roach.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Journey of a Roach -- MB-936A6679E6F3FD57 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Authority

Banned
How is the F2P aspect of Dragon's Nest? I have a pretty high tolerance level of F2P, but I'm still curious.

I haven't reached endgame yet but the reviewer claims that endgame forces you to spend money sometimes. I cannot answer that yet and when I do reach it I will have no issue telling you. As a warning though, I would advice you not to take this MMO as easy as fuck. It is extremely challenging and it scales up regardless of the first levels that make you think that "normal" is a walk in the park.

I just hope I get to play soon this badass Assassin class which is not out for the EU version

All that, and still no way to sort your inventory?

Legendary support from EA continues.

You should see what goes on with the sound issues on google. Quite entertaining.

Speaking of which, with trilogy's version is it just the old updated ME1 or does it include enhancements?

Last I played of Dragon's Nest Prophet, it was filled with microtransactions like "make your inventory bigger," "make your dragon stable bigger," "boost XP/GOLD/drop rate/etc."

I really like the concept, but the constant needling for payment killed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom