• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Fucking hell. I had to Hard Quit Bastion earlier today because my PC froze and just a moment ago I noticed that my savefile was gone. I was just about to complete my NG+ run.

Cheat Engine, time to do your job.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So how does region blocking work? Can they region block games before the block has been implemented i.e. The Witcher 3?

This has already been answered, but for good measure:

Theoretically CDPR could lock down the subs [by using onlyallowrunincountries], but South Park is the only game I'm aware of that does so outside of Eastern Europe (the German and Aussie subs also suffer), plus it'd make The Witcher 3 another case of a sub being retroactively region-locked up the wazoo and all such previous cases were ultimately reversed as it harmed those who did actually receive the games as a gift. Adding the gifting/trading restriction is the simplest and least messy way of dealing with cross-region trading. Sure, there's collateral damage with regard to unused gift copies, but that's far less annoying than an IP-based restriction, which also impacts those who've already activated the game.

Basically, as long as you don't let copies linger in your inventory, you'll be fine.

The faint possibility of OARIC being employed is only an issue if you bought the European sub and you're not in Europe, though, as the ROW sub, for some reason, covers Eastern Europe in addition everywhere else. It'd actually be rather bizarre for someone to be selling the general European sub on the cheap -- there's no sense in using the purchasing trick to buy it, thus risking your trading privileges, when the ROW sub is being used on the RU store.

Edit: Speaking of TW3, the Aussie Tax has kicked in, as expected:
pcA8lVM.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell. I had to Hard Quit Bastion earlier today because my PC froze and just a moment ago I noticed that my savefile was gone. I was just about to complete my NG+ run.

Cheat Engine, time to do your job.

That really sucks. :(

The one time Bastion crashed on me, I was in the middle of a difficult "Who Knows Where" battle, and got this cute image:

Tizoc

GMG doesn't even have the Steam version of The Witcher 1 or 2, they only have a version that activates on GOG for the latter.

Probably a safe bet that they won't have the Steam version of Witcher 3.

I see thanks. Well the game's 9 months away. Surely I can find it for 10 TF2 keys or less if I wait long enough.

JaseC

I see thanks. Well the game's 9 months away. Surely I can find it for 10 TF2 keys or less if I wait long enough.

Unless the game is mistakenly discounted, the best price you're going to get is $25.50 ($25 if you're lucky) or 13 keys (a little cheaper than PayPal if you buy off the grey market or have Steam Wallet credit to waste). With a 20% discount the game is reduced to 839.20 Russiabucks, which converts to roughly $24.35.

saunderez

Anyone know what the GMG Sorry Pack was supposed to be an apology for? I mean sure +4 to the Steam library is nice and all but it would probably mean something if I knew what they did wrong.

Salsa

Anyone know what the GMG Sorry Pack was supposed to be an apology for? I mean sure +4 to the Steam library is nice and all but it would probably mean something if I knew what they did wrong.

watch_dogs keys delay

We are extremely sorry for the issues and delay you have experienced with your order of Watch_Dogs.
By way of thanks for your patience and understanding, we'd like to offer you four free games (please see the keys below), as well as a GMG Credit voucher for £/$/$4.09 We appreciate that occasionally, things do go wrong and though this does not make-up for the delay you've experienced in playing Watch_Dogs, we hope that this gesture goes some way to alleviate the matter for you, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kindest Regards, The Green Man Gaming Team

Tizoc

Unless the game is mistakenly discounted, the best price you're going to get is $25.50 ($25 if you're lucky) or 13 keys (a little cheaper than PayPal if you buy off the grey market or have Steam Wallet credit to waste). With a 20% discount the game is reduced to 839.20 Russiabucks, which converts to roughly $24.35.

Thanks for the info Jase. Technically speaking if I manage to save up enough Gaben Dollars from cards, I could get it for a little cheaper if I use Steam+Wallet my own cash to get the TF2 keys.

saunderez

watch_dogs keys delay

Ah. Can't say I really cared, my enthusiasm for watch_dogs had decreased by that point from all the people screaming about the poor performance. As much as I've enjoyed what I played I'm waiting for a patch to keep going.

Indie stuff that's been bundled a million times before. Namely Avencast, Cargo, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem and Rush Bros.

And somehow I didn't have any of them....Weird.

Salsa

didnt realize Sang-Froid was $1.5

might grab that, always caught my eye

unless I already have it in a bundle I didnt know of or somethin

I just finished Dark Souls 2, awesome game with a shitty ending, the ending feels so cheap I feel dirty, oh well, the journey was more important than the destination I guess.

It took me 70 hours, in fact 65 hours, because I had to redo the first few hours due to a, ehem, killing spree I went on...

I haven't played the previous souls games, but I think I'll do Demon Souls which I got from PS+.

I was a little afraid with all the difficulty ramblings around the Souls series, the game is definitely difficult but not imposible, also you can always invoke a phantom to help you with a particularly difficult boss.

The thing I liked the most about the game is all the little secrets and exploration, also combat feels great, every weapon feels distinct allowing for a wide range of play styles.

What I disliked the most is that some of the hit boxes are terrible, you are like 2 feet away from the weapon and you get hit anyway...

I totally recommend the game as a new player to the Souls series.

Hope someone find this rambling interesting.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just finished Dark Souls 2, awesome game with a shitty ending, the ending feels so cheap I feel dirty, oh well, the journey was more important than the destination I guess.

It took me 70 hours, in fact 65 hours, because I had to redo the first few hours due to a, ehem, killing spree I went on...

I haven't played the previous souls games, but I think I'll do Demon Souls which I got from PS+.

I was a little afraid with all the difficulty ramblings around the Souls series, the game is definitely difficult but not imposible, also you can always invoke a phantom to help you with a particularly difficult boss.

The thing I liked the most about the game is all the little secrets and exploration, also combat feels great, every weapon feels distinct allowing for a wide range of play styles.

What I disliked the most is that some of the hit boxes are terrible, you are like 2 feet away from the weapon and you get hit anyway...

I totally recommend the game as a new player to the Souls series.

Hope someone find this rambling interesting.
yea all souls games have abrupt endings like that

demons souls is not as nice as dks2 but you'll enjoy it

Salsa

I just wanted to say, that I joined the community of GAF last year to watch E3. I couldn't participate because of the grace period needed to comment. Well, we are for sure the weirdest family on earth. We don't really agree with each other, we don't even like each other half the time. Though none the less we are quite possibly the greatest community gaming has ever known. We create change in the industry. We post ideas and arguments that shake the very fabric of this industry and we fight against the status quo. We tear each others throats out, but if you look past all the gaffing and into the heart of what this community is about, it's about the industry and the fans and most of all. The platforms and Games that support those systems. Here's to an epic, and exciting E3!! Whether you're, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, PC, we all kick ass. Competition is critical for a good generation and it looks like we will have nothing short of a cutthroat E3!. Let's roll!!!

Let us pray:

Dear words written in the codex of Lore found in Evils blood we bow our heads. In this beautiful land of GAF , a storm approaches. In the coming hours we shall see bloodshed. Brother against brother. Men broken by the pangs of denial and unprecedented disappointment. Other overjoyed and giddy with exuberance, lost to the depths of hype that they so choose to wallow in. Juniors will reveal their suicidal nature. Bans will be met out expeditiously and Bish will not rest until his palette is satiated. The fear of Y2Kev will be felt and EatChildren shall feast upon the corpses of rotting Juniors and Elders alike. We pray CBOAT mayhap include his blessings. Yes my Gaffers. Welcome to E3 2014! May you be strong... May you be stronk. A'Kappa.

god dammit

am I just becoming a grumpy old man

I don't even feel like spending much money this Summer Seal.
I'm kind of in the same spot. I spent like... $300 on the Winter Sale. And now I need to save my pennies for tuition, with the disposable income going towards getting an arcade stick. I might pick up Dark Souls 2 if it goes on sale, but other than that I don't really have anything on my wishlist that I absolutely need to get right now.

It's a weird feeling compared to the blitz to over 300 games I was in starting last August.
then again yeah everything we say now is bullshit and we all end up buying anything so shut up
Not if I deposit my money straight into savings, bwahahahahaha.........................heh........................ :(

Salsa

im just gonna buy cheap indie stuff that I didnt get at release

only BIG game I wanna get if discount is enough is Ass Creed IV

open to surprises tho. I doubt The New Order is gonna be low enough for example

then again yeah everything we say now is bullshit and we all end up buying anything so shut up

JaseC

I'll be happy with hitting 3k (+161). I don't think I'm going to have as much money as I'd expected to spend this year, so I probably won't be able to splurge until the Autumn Sale (although it'd be a better idea to hold off a bit until the Winter Sale for the cards and whatnot).

also the minute Dead Rising 3 goes up for sale im gonna #wreck my summer sale funds

There is an "Edit" function, you know. ;)

Tizoc

He just has all the games he'd ever want guys.

...I feel like photoshopping Milamber's avatar onto a Corpse Party screenshot but I think it'd be too offensive...

Salsa

...I feel like photoshopping Milamber's avatar onto a Corpse Party screenshot but I think it'd be too offensive...

I played that on PSP and it was just weird

idk if enough "good weird" to give it another try when it comes to Steam

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_maokh4A50k1r8c7ym.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom