• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point it is close to impossible to impress people with graphics. At least any improvements seem insignificant and small. I wonder will we have huge jump in graphics quality ever again, even.

That might be the case. What I noticed is, that it seems, that puddles of reflecting water are this gens lens-flare.

Dr Dogg

It will sell well, but not as well considering that Steam is the major client for digital PC games.

Personally, I appreciate that Bioware is actually trying to make a decent sequel. But considering the past games and origin exclusivity, I will probably just pick up the Witcher 3; and wait for impressions of DA3.

I think Origin's own crazy pricing isn't going to help but the likes of Nuuvem, GMG, GameFly who usually have preorder discounts and vouchers will mitigate some of that. It's 25% cheaper for a retail boxed copy here in most places already. Not that being on Steam would change much and probably nothing in regards to pricing but the install bases are poles apart.

I don't know how I feel about the game yet. There's something about the art direction that feels off to me (and some of the Deluxe extras are a bit bonkers). I'd need to see a lot more gameplay and user impressions before coming round at least. I just got to remember the Bioware that made Baldurs Gate is a long distant memory.

Though the CRPG landscape has never been healthier and with some promising upcoming stuff like Eternity, Tides and The Witcher III which I've all bought already. Plus the more I've been reading and seeing of Original Sin I might cave in and snag that up soon as well (though I've still not even got round to Dragon Commander yet so should get stuck into the backlog).

I think Origin's own crazy pricing isn't going to help but the likes of Nuuvem, GMG, GameFly who usually have preorder discounts and vouchers will mitigate some of that. It's 25% cheaper for a retail boxed copy here in most places already. Not that being on Steam would change much and probably nothing in regards to pricing but the install bases are poles apart.

Indeed. I've bought several Origin games on GMG - even with the qualifiers and voucher limitations, I've still bought several EA games that were at least 50% cheaper than their lowest sale price on Origin (Dead Space 2 for $3 and ME3 Deluxe for $6), and with store credit too.

I won't shop at the Origin store as a matter of principle. Between all the free stuff they've been giving away over the last few months (BF4 unlocks, full games) and the Origin bundle last year, I'd be surprised if I've paid more than $20 total for my Origin library.

Arthea

I don't know how I feel about the game yet. There's something about the art direction that feels off to me (and some of the Deluxe extras are a bit bonkers). I'd need to see a lot more gameplay and user impressions before coming round at least. I just got to remember the Bioware that made Baldurs Gate is a long distant memory.

Though the CRPG landscape has never been healthier and with some promising upcoming stuff like Eternity, Tides and The Witcher III which I've all bought already. Plus the more I've been reading and seeing of Original Sin I might cave in and snag that up soon as well (though I've still not even got round to Dragon Commander yet so should get stuck into the backlog).

I can't summon even trickle of enthusiasm for new DA, and I can't blame only Origin for it, even if I wanted to.
I think ME, SW MMO and even DA just made me not to expect anything from BioWare anymore.

So yeah, I guess I don't care for GTAV, but I'd buy RDR with Tages, Securom, R* Social, EA, Square and Paradox login and GFWL any day.
you forgot sub 30 fps and constant crashing!

Copons

Now R* only need to give RDR as a pre-order incentive and I might raise an eyebrow :p

I'd say they should announce RDR for PC and then put GTAV as a preorder incentive for RDR.
Not that RDR would need any incentives.

So yeah, I guess I don't care for GTAV, but I'd buy RDR with Tages, Securom, R* Social, EA, Square and Paradox login and GFWL any day.

Salsa

did they nuked the custom grid spaces? like tricking into it being narrower with the config files?

a beta update fucked it up for me and I cant seem to get it to work again

Salsa

GTAV

hLYfnHG.jpg

PC/PS4/Bone left, PS360 right

el oh el

did they nuked the custom grid spaces? like tricking into it being narrower with the config files?

a beta update fucked it up for me and I cant seem to get it to work again

Are you sure you are not fiddling with 3D slider instead of the size slider of Steam?
Joke aside the beta broke it some time ago

I'd say they should announce RDR for PC and then put GTAV as a preorder incentive for RDR.
Not that RDR would need any incentives.

Given my past experiences with R* games I don't really care about either, but if I had to choose I'd probably pick RDR.

Copons

you forgot sub 30 fps and constant crashing!

Hm, imagine having to login to all of those on startup... then after half an hour you get a failed message cause Uplay servers.

Would still buy, also because I already platinumed it on PS3 several years ago, so I don't think I'd play it again.

For sure I wouldn't play it with all those DRM on top, what are you crazy? :D

not true, I love RDR, I want to live forever tying every bitch on every rail, riding on every horse toward every sunset, meeleeing every grizzly bear and every whatnot

GTAV

hLYfnHG.jpg

PC/PS4/Bone left, PS360 right

el oh el

Oh wow they put a drunk redneck on next gen version.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Arkham Knight's whole COMBAT BATMOBILE part where it just becomes a tank shooting at things killed my hype tenfold

why would you put that there jesus it looked terrible

everything else was awesome
It will have Scarecrow. According to the experts, those were the best parts of Asylum. So Knight may be the best game in the franchise, provided the whole adventure is like that.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
If you want to talk shitty storefronts, PSN still doesn't have a fucking library function that just lists the digital content you own. If I want to download something I already own but currently do not have installled, like Wipeout HD and Fury, I have to use my download list which contains every single thing I have ever downloaded off of PSN. Super helpful what with my owning a PS3 since launch. I can use a search function which does not allow you to manually enter in the name of the thing you are looking for and restricts you to searching via lettered and numbered categories which are fucking useless (I see you're looking under W, clearly you want Call of Duty World At War or a metric shitton of movies and tv shows). Or, the quicker solution, search through their clusterfuck of a storefront to find the thing you already own and re-download it.

Steam is slow at times and arguably the storefront is pretty bloated but I don't have problems navigating it, finding content I want or content I already own. I am using the Origin/Steam client debate as a tenuous connection to rant about PSN.

Arthea

Not much harm here - only voice over the game has is some shouts during special attacks in battles.
Certainly nothing to lose sleep about.

I agree, but some people are so specific about dual audio being available, I'm afraid it can hurt sales somewhat, not much, but still.

Dr Dogg

Indeed. I've bought several Origin games on GMG - even with the qualifiers and voucher limitations, I've still bought several EA games that were at least 50% cheaper than their lowest sale price on Origin (Dead Space 2 for $3 and ME3 Deluxe for $6), and with store credit too.

I won't shop at the Origin store as a matter of principle. Between all the free stuff they've been giving away over the last few months (BF4 unlocks, full games) and the Origin bundle last year, I'd be surprised if I've paid more than $20 total for my Origin library.

Good to have a range of purchasing choices. Though Origin or moreover EAs ecosystem is doing my nut in with regards to the BF:Hardline beta. Downloaded fine but because it uses Battlelog it's being the unruly bouncer and not letting me in :(

I can't summon even trickle of enthusiasm for new DA, and I can't blame only Origin for it, even if I wanted to.
I think ME, SW MMO and even DA just made me not to expect anything from BioWare anymore.

Well there's so much buzz about it the thread on here is 2 and a half pages long! Not counting that Grim Fandango Super HD Remix Edition and No Man's Sky are 10+ already. Even that dull looking Rainbow Six game is getting more discussion.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to talk shitty storefronts, PSN still doesn't have a fucking library function that just lists the digital content you own. If I want to download something I already own but currently do not have installled, like Wipeout HD and Fury, I have to use my download list which contains every single thing I have ever downloaded off of PSN. Super helpful what with my owning a PS3 since launch. I can use a search function which does not allow you to manually enter in the name of the thing you are looking for and restricts you to searching via lettered and numbered categories which are fucking useless (I see you're looking under W, clearly you want Call of Duty World At War or a metric shitton of movies and tv shows). Or, the quicker solution, search through their clusterfuck of a storefront to find the thing you already own and re-download it.

Steam is slow at times and arguably the storefront is pretty bloated but I don't have problems navigating it, finding content I want or content I already own. I am using the Origin/Steam client debate as a tenuous connection to rant about PSN.
Oh, I got my PS3 last week and was wondering if there was another way to browse the library without having to see every demo and stuff I ever downloaded. Looks like it's a no :/

Tizoc

YOU GUYS.
Should I get Age of Mythology with a 20% discount code and use my credit to get it for practically free?

Note to self: Play more Murdered SS tonight...

Vuze

I see some GTAV pre-orders popping up within the last hours ranging from 33,99€ to 44,99€. Do we have any official info on pricing? As far as I've seen the Steam store page isn't even up yet.

Knurek

I see some GTAV pre-orders popping up within the last hours ranging from 33,99€ to 44,99€. Do we have any official info on pricing? As far as I've seen the Steam store page isn't even up yet.

Knowing Rockstar, they will put it exclusively on Uplay/Origin/Battle.net

Tizoc

How you liking Murdered?

Mixed about it TBH, I really need to advance farther in it as ATM I've reached The Church ^^;
I don't like the
demons though, would've preferred the game without them. The concept can work for a puzzle/mystery solving game if more effort was put in

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nope. R* said pre-orders would go up tomorrow.

I see why people hate GFWL. Even worse now with Windows 8.

Decided I would finally check out Dark Souls whilst on holidays. Took nearly an hour to get the game to run.

Dr Dogg

Mixed about it TBH, I really need to advance farther in it as ATM I've reached The Church ^^;
I don't like the
demons though, would've preferred the game without them. The concept can work for a puzzle/mystery solving game if more effort was put in

Weakest aspect of the game for me as they felt like they should have carried tension and really could have been used to great effect. Though because the consequence for failure is a restart they really only served as obstacles that were more frustrating than tense.
Thankfully my Sam Fisher, Arkham game stealth prowess made them seem trivial.

A lot could have been done with them but thankfully there's only a small number of segments with them in. For me the world made up for the damp spot they created.

Nope. R* said pre-orders would go up tomorrow.

Amazon.co.uk have officially got just the PS4 version up for preorder
for £65!
You'd have to be crazy to pay that. PC pricing should be interesting.

Uzzy

I'm so glad that we've got a lot of CRPGs coming out soon thanks to Kickstarter, it makes the fact that Bioware have changed into this new company that I don't care for a lot easier.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that a comparison between the trailers for both? I remember the 360/PS3 version looking incredible in the trailer. I wonder if the XBONE/PS4 version will suffer in actual gameplay.

GTAV's announcement trailer looks noticeably better than what came later, or so I've read.

Dr Dogg

I'm so glad that we've got a lot of CRPGs coming out soon thanks to Kickstarter, it makes the fact that Bioware have changed into this new company that I don't care for a lot easier.

I think the spread of scale and focus is quite nice as well. The Witcher III is undoubtably be the no expense spared huge epic game hopefully further refining on CDPRs past titles with the promise of a vast open and connected world to explore. And to counter this the Kickstarter games seem more to play to the long time genre fans and although have a smaller focus seem to be ticking all the right boxes. Though from what Durante and others have been saying about Original Sin is that's going above and beyond as well.

I'm more stoked for Pillars of Eternity than anything I've seen at this E3 so far and as well as for years. The moment I heard the combination of Obsidian, Infinity Engine style game with Avellone, Sawyer, Cain et all on board I couldn't back it fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom