• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I got into the BF hardline beta minutes after the signups were announced. I actually got up FROM MY BED (how dare they) and tried multiple times to sign up for this shit until it finally told me "success you're in!"

now the game is nowhere to be seen on my library and no solution works

nothing new here but fuck EA up it's ugly piece of shit smelly pimple-filled ass

Anteater

hmm, things that interest me at e3:

Kamiya's new game which we don't know much about
Sunset overdrive, looks like fun and better than the last video
Batman

Things I'm interested in but can't get excited about because they are too far off:
Uncharted
Mirror's Edge 2

Games I'll play:
GTA 5
Guardian of Light 2

I say I'm interested but my hype level is really low right now, xbox one seems like a more interesting platform because of those 2 games I want to play, and most things aren't coming out until next year or even later next year, I think it's a bit underwhelming because it doesn't feel like a lot were announced that I find interesting, but I guess the positive thing is that I don't need to worry about spending money now, whether it being buying a new console, upgrading a video card, until next year and possibly much later.

Hopefully we'll see more announcements from 3rd party devs like Capcom, I really just want a new devil may cry or dino crisis, or a new action IP from them, whatever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Lara Croft, I like Squeenix's tacit admission that the tombs in TR2013 weren't really tombs at all:

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”

I got into the BF hardline beta minutes after the signups were announced. I actually got up FROM MY BED (how dare they) and tried multiple times to sign up for this shit until it finally told me "success you're in!"

nothing new here but fuck EA up it's ugly piece of shit smelly pimple-filled ass

The 3DS would never do that to you.

_hekk05

Banned

You tried. You lost.

I didn't even bother

Anteater

have you tried contacting them with your 3ds

Teeth

Speaking of Lara Croft, I like Squeenix's tacit admission that the tombs in TR2013 weren't really tombs at all:

I feel like they are going to just make the exact same type of levels as TR2013 (with open traversal areas mixed with combat encounters, with a little switch flipping and zip lining) but set them inside caves instead of buildings and open sky mountains.

With maybe a bit more box pushing and switch flipping.

JaseC

you guys truly are not even trying anymore with the 3DS stuff

3DSalsaShark.

I feel like they are going to just make the exact same type of levels as TR2013 (with open traversal areas mixed with combat encounters, with a little switch flipping and zip lining) but set them inside caves instead of buildings and open sky mountains.

With maybe a bit more box pushing and switch flipping.

That wouldn't surprise me considering the "... all in our gritty Survival-Action style" part.

Jawmuncher

Sucks there was no news on MGSV for PC still.
GTA V finally happening is good news though. All in all its been ok so far.
Weak though for the first E3 new consoles are out.

Tizoc

you guys truly are not even trying anymore with the 3DS stuff

I want the 3DS to go region free so I can get SMT4 US ver. then along with others tweet to Nintendo why we aren't getting the EU ver. of game that's being price gouged despite being released more than a year later.

JaseC

Sucks there was no news on MGSV for PC still.
GTA V finally happening is good news though. All in all its been ok so far.
Weak though for the first E3 new consoles are out.

I expect MGSV PC to happen but I also expect Konami to keep quiet about it until after the console versions hit.

Edit:
that's pretty explicit actually :p

I'll reserve that for categorical admission that the TR13 "tombs" were awful. ;) I don't think a single one lasted more than five minutes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I expect MGSV PC to happen but I also expect Konami to keep quiet about it until after the console versions hit.
They need to drop the bomb at E3. It's been so long since a good E3 bomb.

Anteater

I expect Kojima will casually confirm it on some radio show, show off an off screen camera pic of it on twitter and release it 5 months later on a random tuesday.

Teeth

That wouldn't surprise me considering the "... all in our gritty Survival-Action style" part.

Which....bleh. I mean, i thought TR2013 was totally fine, but moving it more indoors with samey cave textures kinda drains a lot of potential out of the nice visual variance that the reboot had.

I should have more faith in the devs. They'll probably have some nice (and/or bloody) set dressing. And probably better puzzles.

Arthea

It looks like going to sleep paid off (I missed Ubi and Sony pcs), no megatons that I can see.
No steam related news either? all as expected.

edited: correction, that ABZÛ game, I want it. Why it is called ABZÛ, it seems to be just ZÛ in a trailer.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It looks like going to sleep paid off (I missed Ubi and Sony pcs), no megatons that I can see.
No steam related news either? all as expected.

edited: correction, that ABZÛ game, I want it. Why it is called ABZÛ, it seems to be just ZÛ in a trailer.

ZU is to know.

ABZU is to not know.

Y'know?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I expect Kojima will casually confirm it on some radio show, show off an off screen camera pic of it on twitter and release it 5 months later on a random tuesday.
ibynTxH8C3mrcq.png

yes, I just made this

Arthea

ZU is to know.

ABZU is to not know.

Y'know?

AZBU?

AB means water. The entire game happens underwater. Pretty much

Expect sequels on land? In air? In space?

underwater is fine, I'll take underwater. sequel would be "deep underwater" and next one "even deeper", then in "the depths" and then "swimming in the planet core"
I'm one of those few selected that like underwater levels and games

Man, I had forgotten just how bad the GTA4 port is. I booted it up after seeing the GTA5 news, and I was getting crazy erratic framerates. I locked the game to 30fps and still got dips under that way more often than I'd like. I can run Sleeping Dogs maxed out near 60fps most of the time, but I get sub 30fps in GTA4? For real? Why.jpg
Nico doesn't care about 10fps.
"Cousin, do you want to optimize the port of our game?"
"No Roman, perhaps another time."

Kaleinc

Banned
Man, I had forgotten just how bad the GTA4 port is. I booted it up after seeing the GTA5 news, and I was getting crazy erratic framerates. I locked the game to 30fps and still got dips under that way more often than I'd like. I can run Sleeping Dogs maxed out near 60fps most of the time, but I get sub 30fps in GTA4? For real? Why.jpg
Nico doesn't care about 10fps.

Arthea

lemme remind you that RDR is so bad that it can't even be ported, even as a slide show, you should be happy to get 30 fps, when rockstar is in the picture.
ya, I'm bitter like that (><)

Knurek

"Cousin, do you want to optimize the port of our game?"
"No Roman, perhaps another time."

Wonder how much of the slowdown is caused by GfWL (like with Witcher 2 and Arkham City).

Salsa

well, i've been in a long distance relationship for a few months now and it looks like she's coming over again for 3 weeks........ on july 8th

summer sale canceled

JaseC

When RDR PC is announced I'm going to say, "I told you so!" and quote the 50,000 times I said I still believed it was coming despite the extraordinarily long wait. ;)

well, i've been in a long distance relationship for a few months now and it looks like she's coming over again for 3 weeks........ on july 8th

summer sale canceled

If, god forbid, the sale begins on the last Thursday of this month, it'll be over come the store update on the 7th.

Arthea

When RDR PC is announced I'm going to say, "I told you so!" and quote the 50,000 times I said I still believed it was coming despite the extraordinarily long wait. ;)

I even let you do that!
we both know that not gonna happen, or it'll happen right after Suikoden is released on steam, HD remakes, no less!

Wow, neogaf working during e3, that's cool.

Some nice looking stuff on there, biggest wins for me will be Grim Fandango (when it arrives on steam), The witcher 3 looks nice... unfortunately missed out on the non-Aussie price when it popped up on steam so I'll likely wait till a decent sale hits. Lastly I'm pretty keen to jump into Arkham Knight, I've stayed away from open world games since Farcry 3 so I'm not tired of any of the common gameplay elements that will likely surface, and the feeling of height when he jumped off that building looked really well done.

Knurek

He had The Witcher in his head and meant to say BioShock.

Edit: Or he'd intended to refer to The Witcher 2 being freed of SecuROM.

Yeah, SecuROM or Tages in Witcher's case. I remember CD Projekt saying something to the extend of 'load times reduced 5 times with removal of DRM'.

Salsa

Better you than me, I always say. :p

I can make the thread and just limit myself to using the steam app but jesus fuck it sucks on android and it didnt let me buy shit on the last one

is it fucked that that's the first thing I thought of when we were on the phone just now and actually sounded less excited

Milamber

It's been so long now for GTA V, I have lost steam for the PC version of this game now, don't want to even day 1 this game anymore. But I'm still anticipating and even willing to day 1 RDR.

Which is funny, since I finished RDR on PS3 but didn't finish GTA V at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom