• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

eXceed 2nd Vampire REX, pretty fun stuff if you just want to play a game in short bursts since each level is uber short, unless you want to play through all levels at once, it's not really frustrating because you will always have enough lives to lose if you're just playing with stage select.

I still need to pick up the 3rd game somewhere

http://a.pomf.se/zrqbkv.webm

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
eXceed 2nd Vampire REX, pretty fun stuff if you just want to play a game in short bursts since each level is uber short, unless you want to play through all levels at once, it's not really frustrating because you will always have enough lives to lose if you're just playing with stage select.

I still need to pick up the 3rd game somewhere

http://a.pomf.se/zrqbkv.webm

3rd is way, waaaay better than 2nd, in my opinion.

Deques

awesome badge?
b4a041ed5b960519a3aad9522b624363168bed18.png

awesome badge (><)

looks even avatar worthy to me

exceed games are intense, true

From which game?

Arthea

So my plan was to buy Enigmatis and finish it fast for playfire rewards and get cards in the process (while still expensive), because it's a short game. Well, I'm 4 hours in and it feels that I'm not even in the middle of the game and cards won't sell. So typical (><)
Back to lego for me.

Thanks
The game got some nice card artworks. Many developers should do the same

a game is incredible too, frustrating but incredible (funny too) and still no one knows how to tag it properly

Just wishlisted it. Thanks for the recommendation, it looks fun!

welcome to the dark side
you just made your first step in world domination keikaku.

Arthea

I see Shan Gui (chinese VN, BTW, I'm bit concerned about translation of this one), Pushcat and Sacred Tears got greenlit too as well as Yatagarasu, not a bad batch this one.

Just about everyone here should be set to receive a key for Pushcat as Indie Royale gives it to you for purchasing 25 bundles.

Do they give steam keys for those gifts too? I thought it's just that gifts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just about everyone here should be set to receive a key for Pushcat as Indie Royale gives it to you for purchasing 25 bundles.

Tizoc

Gotta hold til TF2 Keys go for under $2 during Steam Sale

WHY HASN'T THE SUMMER SALE STARTED?!?!111

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea why GeForce Experience thinks 1680x1050 would be an "optimal experience" for MGR:R on my GTX 770 on a 1900x1200 monitor?

Hitting the 20 hour mark and Watch_Dogs is kind of wearing thin. I don't like Aiden, he's not a sympathetic character. Everything that's happened to him and those around him is his fault. His dubious quest for revenge only makes things worse. He was a criminal and still is one, I don't understand why The Vigilante is viewed in a favourable light by the citizens of Chicago. Sure he's clubbed a few people while or after they committed crimes but he's still stealing from random people, committing random cyber crimes, working for hire in criminal enterprises, murdering cops, ctOS guards and other factions in the murder safe zones. Basically doing everything he did before only now he's got his unsympathetic revenge quest. Aiden's design is also bland as fuck which stands in such stark contrast to all of the other weird characters in the game.

Initially I tried to play the game non-violently, relying more on stealth and hacking but there are too many situations where shooting is the only option. Now I just grenade launcher the shit out of everything and try not to harm civilians in the process, yay I'm a hero!

Beyond hacking all of the ctOS towers (because those unlock fast travel points) I have pretty much given up on doing the openworld activities and am now simply trying to hammer through the campaign as quickly as possible. I think the core idea and setting of Watch_Dogs is kind of neat, having a city being this hacker playground, but they needed a better character and story to pull you through it all. Maybe if the vigilante opinion meter thing-y was applied to the entire game, meaning you can't just indiscriminately murder people and destroy public property and nonviolent solutions to missions were more viable throughout the whole campaign, then Watch_Dogs might've been more interesting. I dunno.

The hacking and persistent dataverse stuff elevate the game beyond being a bog standard openworld game but there's so much else that drags it down.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Obviously you're short of the mark, Mr. I-abandoned-Steam-for-the-3DS.

Driver: SF is on Steam, yes.

err JaseC I think he was asking if Driver SF on GMG is on steam, and its not. unless im mistaken and he was just asking if its on steam in general

edit: or not, I thought it was the same user that asked about the GMG voucher

JaseC

err JaseC I think he was asking if Driver SF on GMG is on steam, and its not. unless im mistaken and he was just asking if its on steam in general

I think he was asking if the game itself is on Steam because it's currently 75% off on GMG and he would have otherwise jumped on it.

Edit: Nope.

Tizoc

I think he was asking if the game itself is on Steam because it's currently 75% off on GMG and he would have otherwise jumped on it.

Thing is that GMG's ver. doesn't seem to offer a Steam code, so I assume it's UPlay. Nuuvem has it for crazy cheap so I'll wait for Nuuvem to have it on sale and get it from there (in which case I'll assume it's a Steam key too?)

JaseC

Thing is that GMG's ver. doesn't seem to offer a Steam code, so I assume it's UPlay. Nuuvem has it for crazy cheap so I'll wait for Nuuvem to have it on sale and get it from there (in which case I'll assume it's a Steam key too?)

It's not a Steam key. I thought you were asking if the game is on the Steam Store as you were interested in it but not at the expense of forgoing the Steam version. There isn't a single internally-developed Ubi game that is Steam-redeemable by default and Amazon and Mac Game Store are the only two DD stores that sell Steam-friendly keys for Uplay games (Far Cry 3/AssCreed 3/AssCreed 4 and Might & Magic X respectively). I'm surprised that Amazon didn't secure Steam keys for Watch Dogs; it potentially doesn't bode well for AssCreed Unity.

can't be bothered to fact check this so imma just say you're wrong and indiegala is just crack for saoirse

That's exactly why they've been decent lately. ;)

Brilliant, just ran into a game-breaking bug in Tomb Raider it seems like.

Maybe it will work when I open it magically next time but basically I have to jump across this gap after using the rope arrow on some deer to turn a mechanism, and Lara just refuses to use the climbing axe thing to latch onto the climbing surface she is supposed to. Reloading checkpoints, going to other campsites and back etc doesn't work. I can see people doing it in guides on the internet, nobody else seems to have encountered the bug.

Arthea

so much negativity *shakes head*
these are cheap bundles we are talking about. What do you expect from them? GTAV, Watch Doggies and Wolf for $1?

Brilliant, just ran into a game-breaking bug in Tomb Raider it seems like.

Maybe it will work when I open it magically next time but basically I have to jump across this gap after using the rope arrow on some deer to turn a mechanism, and Lara just refuses to use the climbing axe thing to latch onto the climbing surface she is supposed to. Reloading checkpoints, going to other campsites and back etc doesn't work. I can see people doing it in guides on the internet, nobody else seems to have encountered the bug.

Have you tried buying some DLCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom