• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
New Playfire rewards:
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DiRT 3 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DiRT Showdown - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DiRT Showdown - unlock Pro - £0.10
  • DiRT Showdown - unlock Gonna Need a Bigger Garage - £0.25
  • DiRT Showdown - unlock Ego Boost - £0.50
  • F1 2013 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • F1 2013 - unlock The Heat is On - £0.10
  • F1 2013 - unlock Rule the Roost - £0.25
  • F1 2013 - unlock Online Addiction - £0.50
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - unlock Slipstream Expert - £0.10
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - unlock Causing Trouble - £0.25
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - unlock Around the World - £0.50
  • GRID 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • GRID 2 - unlock That New Showroom Smell - £0.10
  • GRID 2 - unlock Making My Way Down Town - £0.25
  • GRID 2 - unlock Vanishing Point - £0.50
  • GRID™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto III - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto IV - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - play for the first time - £0.10
  • L.A. Noire - play for the first time - £0.10
  • L.A. Noire - unlock Golden Boy - £0.10
  • L.A. Noire - unlock The Simple Art of Murder - £0.25
  • L.A. Noire - unlock The Moose - £0.50
  • Manhunt - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne 3 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne 3 - unlock Past The Point Of No Return - £0.10
  • Max Payne 3 - unlock The Only Choice Given - £0.25
  • Max Payne 3 - unlock Dearest Of All My Friends - £0.50
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Overlord II - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Overlord™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Overlord™: Raising Hell - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief - Collector's Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Final Slam 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - unlock Limbo - £0.10
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - unlock Lust - £0.25
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - unlock Wrath - £0.50
  • Ichi - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Martial Arts: Capoeira - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - unlock First steps - £0.10
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - unlock Some flies - £0.25
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - unlock Need for speed - £0.50
  • Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport - play for the first time - £0.10

Knurek

on the side note, I almost run out of space for installing new games, what to do, what to do

Uninstall Rage, Fear, Max Payne 3 and BioInf, that's like 100 GB more for RPGMaker games. :p
Also, HDDs are generally cheap, and your mobo should have some SATA slot free.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
With all the IFD Playfire Rewards going on right now, I could make $3 just booting games, but the work of booting 30 games doesn't seem worth $3. This thing really only works as a bonus to your natural game playing, which I guess is how it should be.

on the side note, I almost run out of space for installing new games, what to do, what to do
I know something that may work, but exploitation of good things is bad, so I won't say it.

Arthea

Uninstall Rage, Fear, Max Payne 3 and BioInf, that's like 100 GB more for RPGMaker games. :p
Also, HDDs are generally cheap, and your mobo should have some SATA slot free.
so true (><)
ya, but spending money on anything right before summer sale is beyond stupid!
I wonder how badly games would run of external HD via usb2, I have one almost empty. Would they even run? (><)

Knurek

so true (><)
ya, but spending money on anything right before summer sale is beyond stupid!
I wonder how badly games would run of external HD via usb2, I have one almost empty. Would they even run? (><)

Indies? Shouldn't be a problem.
I wouldn't necessarily try to run anything UE3 based though, unless you want constant stutter.

Brilliant, just ran into a game-breaking bug in Tomb Raider it seems like.

Maybe it will work when I open it magically next time but basically I have to jump across this gap after using the rope arrow on some deer to turn a mechanism, and Lara just refuses to use the climbing axe thing to latch onto the climbing surface she is supposed to. Reloading checkpoints, going to other campsites and back etc doesn't work. I can see people doing it in guides on the internet, nobody else seems to have encountered the bug.

This is where modern gaming comes in handy. In the original Tomb Raiders you would be wondering, am I in the right spot? Is my timing out? Is there a switch somewhere or another path? Do I just need to practice the jump more? Should I restart the stage so I can use a save just before this?

Arthea

Indies? Shouldn't be a problem.
I wouldn't necessarily try to run anything UE3 based though, unless you want constant stutter.

Indies are not a real problem here, though
I probably just have force myself to uninstall some games, it's not the end of the world, after all.

I know something that may work, but exploitation of good things is bad, so I won't say it.

pray tell me!

Just caught up on the E3 announcements and see a effin new Starfox was announced. But what happened to "Gamers"?

The thread here seems to have 2 pages, in other communities it also is kinda ignored. If other Games somehow are rumoured to be announced we have like 10 or more pages threads.
Makes me kinda sad...

jediyoshi

There was a CSGO skin that got a DMCA notice.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/CSGO/announcements/detail/1751086783896069815
  • Both contributors have received Steam Community bans. They receive no proceeds from either item, and both items have been removed from the game.
  • For owners of the M4A4 | Howl and Howling Dawn sticker, those items have been replaced by an alternative designed by the CS:GO team. These items will never be produced again, and have been assigned the ‘Contraband’ rarity.
  • All other in-game items that involve at least one of the contributors in their revenue share have been discontinued.
  • The Huntsman Case and Community Sticker Capsule have been revised to replace the copied and discontinued items.
  • Moving forward, we will no longer work with the contributors and we will not ship any existing Workshop submission that credits their involvement.

5bnplKS.png

Probably should've seen that coming and got in early

Salsa

Just caught up on the E3 announcements and see a effin new Starfox was announced. But what happened to "Gamers"?

The thread here seems to have 2 pages, in other communities it also is kinda ignored. If other Games somehow are rumoured to be announced we have like 10 or more pages threads.
Makes me kinda sad...

cause there was nothing other than an "announcement". they didnt even show the super early prototype to the public

Salsa

For owners of the M4A4 | Howl and Howling Dawn sticker, those items have been replaced by an alternative designed by the CS:GO team. These items will never be produced again, and have been assigned the ‘Contraband’ rarity.

that's just badass

cause there was nothing other than an "announcement". they didnt even show the super early prototype to the public

Sure. i know that. But even then when we have some rumpurs about Game announcements without any info or screens, we would still have like 10 pages threads full of speculation. And with Starfox we even have some japanese JAV mosaic gameplay, but still nothing.

Knurek

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

Went by install size, not by quality.
Will get around to playing FEAR sometime, promise

Indies are not a real problem here, though
I probably just have force myself to uninstall some games, it's not the end of the world, after all.

Enough of indies should still work...
Besides, some of them are on the larger side, like, 1-2 GB. Worth the try...

Knurek

Fair enough.
Was groupees build a greenlight bundle 2.
Either way, no steam key yet.

Dev posted here earlier key will be sent soon if not already. Just give it a day or so.

I wonder how they will implement custom levels for Steam version. Workshop support or no change vs DRM free version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How many of you guys are double dipping on PC?

I'm single-dipping. Using my expertly-honed reasoning abilities, I deduced that since every previous mainline GTA game has hit the PC, with the exception of London '69, it is highly likely that there'll be a PC version.

Edit: Oh, wait, '69 did release on the PC. I must have confused it with something else.

I'm single-dipping. Using my expertly-honed reasoning abilities, I deduced that since every previous mainline GTA game has hit the PC, with the exception of London '69, it is highly likely that there'll be a PC version.

Edit: Oh, wait, '69 did release on the PC. I must have confused it with something else.
Chinatown Wars didn't release for PC, unfortunately. That and... Advance, I think? Not much point in that one though.

I'm single-dipping as well. Although I would have broken down and bought it for 360 soon-ish if we hadn't had an announcement. >_>

Knurek

I think out of all Rockstar North games, only Walker wasn't released on PC.
//EDIT: Body Harvest and Space Station Silicon Valley as well

jediyoshi

Hahahahahahahah

Leave it to valve to figure out a way to make more profit from this.

"Contraband" rarity. Fucking :lol

No way they're making money off the money it took to sort out legalities in royalties, put together new art assets, implement all the changes in the backend, and have those assets instantly not have a tail in selling because they don't drop anymore. Whatever money they make in transactions from people selling off their own skins is chump change. If anything, people who had the skin are the ones that lucked out from being able to cash in.

Definitely double dipping. Half the time I was playing the PS3 version all I could think about was how good it would look on PC.

First dip here, mostly because I have no choice, the only last gen console I own is a Wii.

Arthea

I'm not sure I'll buy GTA5 at all, maybe when it's $5 game and if it runs flawlessly. Not in my plans to play it, but I might change my mind at some point.

JaseC

I'm not sure I'll buy GTA5 at all, maybe when it's $5 game and if it runs flawlessly. Not in my plans to play it, but I might change my mind at some point.

I'm not sure if I'll pre-order if there are no pre-order goodies. I like what I've played of the game on the PS3, but I can't say that the not-so-secret PC port has been high on my list of anticipated releases.

Enco

No way they're making money off the money it took to sort out legalities in royalties, put together new art assets, implement all the changes in the backend, and have those assets instantly not have a tail in selling because they don't drop anymore. Whatever money they make in transactions from people selling off their own skins is chump change. If anything, people who had the skin are the ones that lucked out from being able to cash in.
Good point but I doubt changing the skin was much effort.

The concept of making money from all of this is what I find funny. Sure it may not be a lot but it highlights the priorities of Valve. Can't blame them though.

Sendou

"You can earn up to 14.30" Not bad. I like Steamlessness but how reliable is it? Am I eventually going to get screwed out of some rewards if I keep trusting it?

JaseC

"You can earn up to 14.30" Not bad. I like Steamlessness but how reliable is it? Am I eventually going to get screwed out of some rewards if I keep trusting it?

It's impossible for GMG to know that you're using the site, plus all it does is take the data GMG provides and crunch the numbers for you. It's not really comparable to, say, unlocking achievements with SAM.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's impossible for GMG to know that you're using the site, plus all it does is take the data GMG provides and crunch the numbers for you. It's not really comparable to, say, unlocking achievements with SAM.

Yeah, all that Steamlessness site does is take the list of rewards from GMG and then check your profile to see if a) you own the game and b) if you've played it/got the achievement. As long as they update the rewards from GMG correctly then it'll be accurate.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So I guess GTA V won't be going up for preorder anytime soon and Rockstars's announcement was specific to the retail versions. Seems to be the case with all upcoming 2K games, none is available for preorder

FWIW, I did sell the PS3 copy immediately after finishing it because I knew a PC version was coming. I just didn't expect it would be over a year later.

Deques

Greenlight Bundle just sent me an email with a key to Ichi. Check your email for your key

Looks like you can get another key if you like and share a game and email them that you want a key

Coldsun

Banned
Welp since the summer sale starts the 19th and goes through the 30th, I decided to craft my badges and collect some Summer cards to put up on the market place. Here's hoping my 300+ summer cards sale at a highly inflated price (will reduce if they don't of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom