• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Does Condemned hold up well? I remember renting and playing a bit of it, I quite liked scanning for clues and so on. Wondering whether to pick it up on GMG as part of the sale. £2.49 and I get a free Jet Set Radio. Hmm.

Best hobo fight simulator on the planet, go for it

goes a little apeshit by the end though so be ready

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Does Condemned hold up well? I remember renting and playing a bit of it, I quite liked scanning for clues and so on. Wondering whether to pick it up on GMG as part of the sale. £2.49 and I get a free Jet Set Radio. Hmm.

Yep, fantastic game. Too bad SEGA never bothered to port the sequel to PC, it was great as well

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I now have 6 VVVVVV achievements that 0 % of all players have. Makes you feel kinda special :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Am I right to assume that GMG Encore Sale Day 001 implies the existence of a Day 002?

They sent me an email a few minutes ago which said

Be sure to stay tuned this weekend. Day 2 will start at 10am UTC on Saturday - you will find all the other offers you missed - plus we will have loads of surprises for you on Sunday.

derExperte

EDIT: SteamGAF, since I am bored out of my mind and recovering from a nerve-wrecking case of Black Ops 2 addiction, should I buy Castle of Illusion from GMG? Keep in mind I already cleared it on the SNES.

Yes, short and easy but afaik enough differences compared to the old version.

jbgeTfWa4GMuN5.png

11/10

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
He used SAM to get achievements quickly and afair got some that were impossible to get otherwise (as did many others with the thirst for Playfire rewards).

oooooooooook

I don't know what SAM is and I don't have a Playfire account, but I love VVVVVV

wetflame

Pizza Dog
He was caught red-handed abusing SAM to unlock Playfire achievements at least three times even though he'd previously said he wouldn't.

This is on top of repeatedly bragging about how he gets free games from publishers, selling on those free games, bragging about how much Steam credit he has from idling cards from his free games and bragging about how much GMG credit he has from using SAM to unlock achievements in the free games he got.

But, you know, he apologised and said he'd never do it again after each time, so that's something.

He was caught red-handed abusing SAM to unlock Playfire achievements at least three times even though he'd previously said he wouldn't.

Is he still around, anyway?

I'm gonna try and buy nothing this Steam sale. I literally can't imagine there's anything I need right now, either. :p

I'm going to crash and/or burn.

Only things I'm still hoping for are stealth PC announcements of Halo and Destiny. My head would explode.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm glad no one checks my steam page. They would see the sad amount of achievements I've gotten for playfire legitimately. Time that could have been better spent watching television, or reading GAF.

Also, a Fallout taking place in Australia seems like it would be really, really unfair. You'd have to come up with some pretty elaborate alternate history to justify all the weapons you'd need to survive. Post nuclear apocalyptic Sydey would probably be pretty neat though, what with all the FEV sharks and roos and kangasharks you'd have to get by to get to the opera house, which has inexplicably been turned into the only source of clean drinking water.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jurassic park is a treasure cove of gifs, it really is

MoonGred

Is he still around, anyway?

I'm gonna try and buy nothing this Steam sale. I literally can't imagine there's anything I need right now, either. :p

I'm going to crash and/or burn.

Only things I'm still hoping for are stealth PC announcements of Halo and Destiny. My head would explode.

I never need the things I buy during a steam sale. Regardless I wish you all the best!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If they are anything like the Winder sale, it won't be that hard to persevere...

oh no, this game that came out 1 month ago isnt 75% off, #salesucks #gabenlied #origin4life

Salsa

also I finished Injustice's story mode earlier today

it was alright. Story is dumb as rocks and makes it somewhat hilarious. The default character designs are all terrible tho so that's bad.

I dont know if i'll ever play it online since it lags pretty bad so it'll probably sit at 4.4 hours until a friend comes by and we fuck around with it. Still feel like I got my money's worth (around $7 was it) since I wanted to check it out.

now the question is wether or not I keep pressing "RB" on Arkham Blackgate till the game is over

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Battlepaths -- MB-E6B2A30F9D5A3137 - Taken by general dan
Fall Weiss -- MB-0E0ABB46E21DBED0 - Taken by SalsaShark

Use the Desura key to generate a Steam key. Also, I paid $6 for Fall Weiss last week. :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
probably late as hell on this, but WTF at Rush Bros 90 % sale ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom