• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozendo

also I finished Injustice's story mode earlier today

it was alright. Story is dumb as rocks and makes it somewhat hilarious.

I thought it had some good moments, but at the midway point I just wanted to get it over with.

Really disliked how
The only thing that could have stopped Superman was kryptonite Superman. But from what I've been told from comic book enthusiasts Superman is pretty much invincible.

Guyse, I'm not ready... the sale is coming, I still have a backlog and I'm just not ready...
Embrace the backlog, make it a part of your BEING.
By adding to the backlog you only increase your power!

But seriously, I do have a similar problem of having a lot of games unfinished, the way I "deal" with it, is just make sure that the games you're purchasing are ones you're actually interested in playing, yanno?
Besides a backlog is awesome, it's like having a fridge full of food, but the fridge isn't a fridge it's your steam account and the food isn't food, it's video games.

Bluth54

Oh yeah, nothing happens on the 18th actually. Maybe if you live in a weird timezone.

It looks like Valve is going to be releasing a very big update to TF2 very soon, I'm guessing it will probably be on the 18th since they aren't going to release a huge update on the same day as the Steam sale.

Knurek

It looks like Valve is going to be releasing a very big update to TF2 very soon, I'm guessing it will probably be on the 18th since they aren't going to release a huge update on the same day as the Steam sale.

With what we know about internal communication at Valve, it's possible the TF2 team doesn't know sale date, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they slot the update on the same date.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I played some Arkham Origins last night, much better than the beginning of AA (that I couldn't stomach trudging through) but over time I started remembering that samey feel the game starts developing as you go around beating up thugs and doing the collect-a-thon shit. I think I'm not going after Riddler this time because it's just way too much shit that is shitting up the main story. Speaking of which the boss fight for
Deathstroke is complete bullshit because the challenge lies 100% in knowing when player agency is involved. They try to play it off as "counter too early and he capitalizes on your vulnerability" but it has shit to do with timing as a matter of skill and everything to do with magically knowing how many strikes to let Batman autoblock before you manually block. Sorry, but being utterly vague about when player agency allowed is not skillful play, it is just the next level of everything that makes QTE bad.

Bluth54

With what we know about internal communication at Valve, it's possible the TF2 team doesn't know sale date, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they slot the update on the same date.

Actually Valve has been pretty good about this, the last few years they've released big updates for TF2 shortly before the summer sale and they always managed to get the update released before the sale since I assume they don't want everyone trying to download their summer sale games and hundreds of MBs of TF2 updates at the same time since having both at the same time would probably destroy the Steam servers even worse then just one or the other would by itself.

It seems like this update is going to be quite big, it's something that they've been hinting at for over a year. This update also seems be related to the 15 minute TF2 video they've been working on, and if that's the case the video will probably get more new people to download TF2 then normally does, which again will put a lot of strain on the Steam servers.

Lain

I'm not sure if the Out There Somewhere key will work (it was on desura listed as classic, while I redeemed the other key with the weird named version) as well as if Steam ate the Escape Goat key, everything else should work though since they are keys from the latest bundles I bought.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 42 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-46B2FDED52E44302 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-FEF3AC8AE83C08B2 - Taken by Knurek. 3 entrants total.
Zack Zero -- MB-785F3AE6924AE06B - Taken by jediyoshi. 1 entrants total.
Escape Goat (might be used) -- MB-E9A3D2A71D58AE2B - Taken by Atraveller. 2 entrants total.
ArcaniA -- MB-B0466D59152FF749 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.
NOSFERATU: THE WRATH OF MALACHI -- MB-7BE21BB2CC13032F - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Rochard -- MB-8E0713BBF3B7119B - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-24BD5B584B587457 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-C74E3CE77B52CA1B - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Litil Divil -- MB-2F138418FF4D5EAA
Risen -- MB-7DE97E5581A794D5 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-9AE20EDAE3DC4527 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-37F3AAA173DCDFA6 - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-F113408BB0648CBF - Taken by tmarques
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-A7F3D55E8DCF8F17 - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-825D1B389D6F7F89 - Taken by kevin1025. 2 entrants total.
Level 22 -- MB-93CE4D82F123EA94 - Taken by Last Baron. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-C4C4C5DF84E5F613 - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-0B51D7C00CC3D180 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-3E56F8A164AEF60C - Taken by Ben652. 3 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Bundle -- MB-AA5FF2FB189339EC - Taken by Genki. 1 entrants total.
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-E1338DEA3908D0BB - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-7F1E1679CEEB1FF7 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed Trail of Ibn Battuta Episode 1 Gold Edition -- MB-31FA99ECFE9604F8 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-C4512F8A215068C2 - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.
Race Injection pack -- MB-8107A7ABCA180C1D - Taken by Leg-End. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-B209E22770E0E4CB - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-F8162AC9A039E682 - Taken by The M.O.B. 1 entrants total.
Eschalon Book 2 -- MB-AB9D1AAC6A79E06B - Taken by Zeliard. 1 entrants total.
Eschalon Book 1 -- MB-17B4B2390C5D5E07
Frozen Synapse -- MB-20007707507D4C34 - Taken by undu. 1 entrants total.
Inquisitor -- MB-AC957844B9C55596 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Out There Somewhere (might not work) -- MB-13B425DBD8F178DB - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-04C574F3C78D14B2 - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Soulbringer -- MB-5D9DD1BE961076BA - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-7F1DAEF4F08B1138 - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.
Slip -- MB-67E90F95A0AC6C45 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-51EDF663D58EE87C - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-7C6AC8F05C15674F - Taken by Alien8. 1 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-10BEBC1C33C2F9C1 - Taken by grindamasta. 1 entrants total.
Croixleur -- MB-E60CF518A126900C - Taken by Gintoki. 4 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-B07093CA668EB18A - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1402658861z1.png

ArjanN

If they are anything like the Winder sale, it won't be that hard to persevere...

My main issue the last couple of years is usually that I already own almost everything that's any good from previous sales.

I do enjoy the metagame stuff around the sale events though, and there's usually still a handful of games I missed.

One neat thing is that there's quite often stuff that stealth releases or comes back to Steam during the big sale events.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not sure if the Out There Somewhere key will work (it was on desura listed as classic, while I redeemed the other key with the weird named version) as well as if Steam ate the Escape Goat key, everything else should work though since they are keys from the latest bundles I bought.

The Escape Goat key will work. Steam stopped eating keys donkey's years ago. The quasi-exception to this is if you redeem a key pertaining to a game you already own and the sub contains a piece of DLC new to your account; for example, if you bought Killing Floor on Steam and later redeemed a retail key that was tied to this sub, it'd go through as the "DLC1" DLC isn't included with the former.

Locust

Apparently I've bought at least 3 bundles this was in.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Smooth Operators -- MB-529E96AC1BA78A33 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.

t1402659011z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I was really enjoying Remember Me, but it's becoming rather frustrating. I guess i'm almost at the end so i'll still finish it, probably.
They keep throwing so many enemies at you, which makes the game's clunkyness in combat painfully noticable. Running around in circles, waiting for the timer on some special moves to go down so you can actually hurt one of the more annoying enemies isn't fun. And dodging is no option anymore either, since eight out of ten times you'll dodge right into another enemy who smacks you immediately, and you can't dodge fast enough to avoid him as well.

The game is at it's best when it's calm and quiet. There is some absolutely beautifull artwork. Bit of a shame that a lot of the game takes place in factory's and other buildings.

Witout a doubt worth the 2,70 I paid for it, but I get the criticism the game received. I still think it's pretty great, especially visually, but it's sure has it's problems.

Knurek

I was really enjoying Remember Me, but it's becoming rather frustrating. I guess i'm almost at the end so i'll still finish it, probably.
They keep throwing so many enemies at you, which makes the game's clunkyness in combat painfully noticable. Running around in circles, waiting for the timer on some special moves to go down so you can actually hurt one of the more annoying enemies isn't fun. And dodging is no option anymore either, since eight out of ten times you'll dodge right into another enemy who smacks you immediately, and you can't dodge fast enough to avoid him as well.

Where are you exactly?
You don't need to run in circles, customize one of the shorter combos to have exclusively purple setup (each single one shaves 10 seconds from the timer), and just execute in as frequently as possible.

//EDIT: People, Lain specifically asked to not thank him here. Send PMs, thank you. :)

Vuze

Thank you Lain for Street Raceing Syndicate!

E:
uh uhm eh

Just saw the Valiant Hearts entry in my library when categorizing games, all the feels from the trailer came up again :( Can't wait, less than two weeks left.

Evrain

Lucius, finally!
Thanks Lain, I've been chasing it for ages untold *cries in happiness*

Escape Goat is used, but still, thank you!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Where are you exactly?
You don't need to run in circles, customize one of the shorter combos to have exclusively purple setup (each single one shaves 10 seconds from the timer), and just execute in as frequently as possible.
Chapter Seven. There are three invincible, teleporting leapers whom keep summoning tons and tons of "normal" leapers. I find it to be really overwhelming, and I keep failing at seeing those teleporting basterd coming at me.
My second combo is almost completely purple, first one is for healing. Maybe I should try swapping those two...
That's probably a pretty good idea, thanks for the tip. :)

Purkake4

Banned
Thanks!

Knurek

Chapter Seven. There are three invincible, teleporting leapers whom keep summoning tons and tons of "normal" leapers. I find it to be really overwhelming, and I keep failing at seeing those teleporting basterd coming at me.
My second combo is almost completely purple, firt one is for healing. Maybe I should try swapping those two...
That's probably a pretty good idea, thanks for the tip. :)

Are you playing on Hard? I recall a fight like that on normal, only it had two of those super leapers. Took me north of 15 minutes, even with constant purple spam.
There's nothing as bad as this afterwards IIRC. A few fights, but mostly with enforcers.
And yeah, not enough exploring, way too much fighting for my tastes.

KainXVIII

Thanks for Inquisitor, heard it was good obscure rpg in vein of Baldurs's Gate..

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for Ittle Dew!

Thanks for Rochard!

Bluth54

I don't know if anyone posted this already, I just saw it, looks like Microsoft released Rise of Nations Extended Edition yesterday. Looking forward to downloading and playing it since I bought the 4 pack for myself and some friends when they first put it up on Steam.

Card Boy

Banned

Thanks.

Deques

Thanks, I don't have any of the bundles :/

I found a third steam key for Out There Somewhere in my IndieRoyale profile when I was looking for Fall Weiss. So here is a spare

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Out There Somewhere -- MB-530933D96A5E89BA - Taken by kurahador

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom