• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ECHO OF THE WILDS #3 -- MB-9A02D9E9BCEC7F08 - Taken by NotSelf. 15 entrants total.
ECHO OF THE WILDS #2 -- MB-A65D303BCE65F25B - Taken by fspm. 17 entrants total.
ECHO OF THE WILDS -- MB-6B7AAF24A18D3985 - Taken by angular graphics. 20 entrants total.

t1402671713z1.png

ECHO......echo..........e..c..h..o....

derExperte

Goddamnit I need to check my old bundle purchases more carefully before entering giveaways....

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Out There Somewhere -- MB-AFA29ACA438A215C - Taken by StAidan. 8 entrants total.

t1402662113z1.png

It seems like this update is going to be quite big, it's something that they've been hinting at for over a year. This update also seems be related to the 15 minute TF2 video they've been working on, and if that's the case the video will probably get more new people to download TF2 then normally does, which again will put a lot of strain on the Steam servers.

Is this the End of the Line video we're talking about?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
And another one...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Smooth Operators -- MB-4B6DA2ABF7256106 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 9 entrants total.

t1402662363z1.png

Copons

Earlier I was in the center of Rome for work and I've seen, walking together, the Gaben and Tarantino doppelgangers.

This could mean ONLY one thing.

HL3 is a blaxploitation movie.

didamangi

Finally can spend some of my playfire rewards, so two great Sega Games for you guys, good luck :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (didamangi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Jet Set Radio -- MB-E24E6069DBB06E7F - Taken by bobnowhere. 7 entrants total.
Castle of Illusion -- MB-6D79B2B608140B09 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 7 entrants total.

t1402663911z1.png

Copons

First HL3 pic leaked

That hidden G-Man waiting for the action between Alyx and Ellis is kinda creepy, but I bet he'll pull some of his customary shenanigans to protect them from Freeman, teleporting him somewhere else before they notice him, stopping him breaking the hot vibes going on. So all in all, I'm kinda with G-Man this time.

liezryou

Finally can spend some of my playfire rewards, so two great Sega Games for you guys, good luck :)

Thanks for the giveaway. If my damn rewards would transfer i could use em. First my rewards were coming in euro and all my prices were in euro, had to get that corrected... and now it's taking forever to actually get my funds to my gmg account.

Vlad

I now have 6 VVVVVV achievements that 0 % of all players have. Makes you feel kinda special :p

Not to completely rain on your parade, but I wonder how many people have done what needs doing for the achievements and just not bothered reinstalling the game to actually activate them.

Still, some of those are pretty hairy, and I'd be curious to see how many people eventually manage the "completely the game without dying" one.

The_Monk

I think I was too late but I've been curious about Castle of Illusion, people recommended me after finishing Ducktales last year during the sale. Thanks for the giveaway either way. :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I suspect that within the next couple of days, Enhanced Steam will receive it's 1,000,000th download.

You guys have no idea how happy that makes me.

derExperte

Serious Sam 2 Now With Steamworks!

Serious Sam 2 has just been updated with support for Steamworks, to eliminate the need for Gamespy since the service has been announced to be officially closed on May 31st of this year.

The update also includes:
- fixed problems with FOV on widescreen resolutions,
- fixed wrong rendering of Uzi weapon in first person.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not to completely rain on your parade, but I wonder how many people have done what needs doing for the achievements and just not bothered reinstalling the game to actually activate them.

Still, some of those are pretty hairy, and I'd be curious to see how many people eventually manage the "completely the game without dying" one.

I know, I know

Bluth54

Is this the End of the Line video we're talking about?
Nope EotL is a seperate video/update being made by the community (but it will be an official update, just not made by Valve). Valve is making their own 15 minute video, which based on some stuff thar leaked in a Source Filmmaker update is about
the scout going on a date with Miss Pauline and the bread they have turning into some kind of monster the mercs have to fight.

ArjanN

I was really enjoying Remember Me, but it's becoming rather frustrating. I guess i'm almost at the end so i'll still finish it, probably.
They keep throwing so many enemies at you, which makes the game's clunkyness in combat painfully noticable. Running around in circles, waiting for the timer on some special moves to go down so you can actually hurt one of the more annoying enemies isn't fun. And dodging is no option anymore either, since eight out of ten times you'll dodge right into another enemy who smacks you immediately, and you can't dodge fast enough to avoid him as well.

The game is at it's best when it's calm and quiet. There is some absolutely beautifull artwork. Bit of a shame that a lot of the game takes place in factory's and other buildings.

Witout a doubt worth the 2,70 I paid for it, but I get the criticism the game received. I still think it's pretty great, especially visually, but it's sure has it's problems.

You can extend your combo by jumping over enemies, just like in the Batman games. You pretty much have to do that to get the longer combos.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was really enjoying Remember Me, but it's becoming rather frustrating. I guess i'm almost at the end so i'll still finish it, probably.
They keep throwing so many enemies at you, which makes the game's clunkyness in combat painfully noticable. Running around in circles, waiting for the timer on some special moves to go down so you can actually hurt one of the more annoying enemies isn't fun. And dodging is no option anymore either, since eight out of ten times you'll dodge right into another enemy who smacks you immediately, and you can't dodge fast enough to avoid him as well.

The game is at it's best when it's calm and quiet. There is some absolutely beautifull artwork. Bit of a shame that a lot of the game takes place in factory's and other buildings.

Witout a doubt worth the 2,70 I paid for it, but I get the criticism the game received. I still think it's pretty great, especially visually, but it's sure has it's problems.
I agree with dodging being a bit hit-or-miss at times. Sometimes it let me keep the combo, sometimes it didn't. And the enemies that hurt you whenever you hit them are the worst, those shouldn't have been included in the game.

I still think the combat is very well done, and didn't deserve to be criticized as much as it was.

Arthea

Just noticed GoG has the Witcher 3 preorder ready.

Looks like its GoG for me again.

I checked, Witcher 3 preoder would be almost twice cheaper for me on gog than on steam, but still too early for preoder, way too early.

so about those regional prices, Knurek was talking about. They are not there for the Witcher after all.

Kyougar

For anyone who has witcher 1 on gog and not Witcher 2: Witcher 2 is 80% off. if you want to get both bonuses (20% off instead of 15%) for the Witcher 3 Preorder, get witcher 2 now.

Arthea

Do I want to buy those games I already own for the sake of no-DRM?

I usually buy only old ones, in hope of gog keeping their promise making them playable indefinitely and some impulse buys, when price is too good to resist of newer games I might want to replay sometime in the far future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom