• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

E38AE0D67C0E60922FD0D0C62EF94ABB0B50A2AD

someone needs to clean the camera before fisher kills someone

no michael ironside is a terrible thing

Salsa

I'm doing this side mission in Afghanistan in Blacklist and I have to say this game looks pretty fucking great.

yeah

it's a shame you get some annoying drops if you max everything AND want to do MSAAx4

but some areas look unexpectedly great. texture work is good too

Depends on the game, IMO, at least with 30 vs 60 framerate. :p
The decision should be left to us, whether to lock it at 30 or 60 or play at an unlocked framerate. Locked 30 fps because of technical incompetence is unacceptable in 2014.
30 fps will always be playable enough.
1080p locks or lower when the resolutions will be much higher in 5/6 years.... not.
I don't think we became PC gamers just for "playable" experiences.

The decision should be left to us, whether to lock it at 30 or 60 or play at an unlocked framerate. Locked 30 fps because of technical incompetence is unacceptable in 2014.

I don't think we became PC gamers for "playable" experiences.

Yea a game with a solid 30fps on console doesnt bother me if it looks really good and truly is a steady framerate, but on pc it should be left to us to decide. There's always some lucky bastard with 3 titan blacks that can get 60+ fps out of anything. That's the beauty of the pc

MUnited83

For you.

I don't think we became PC gamers for "playable" experiences.

I'm a PC gamer with almost 1500 games and I play on crappy laptop @768p at medium or low settings on recent games. Yet I still very much enjoy PC gaming.

30 fps for me is playable enough. Of course 60fps it's ideal, but I'm not ever skipping on games because they are locked to 30fps, they are still enjoyable that way.

Resolution locks though? Fuck that,sub-native resolutions it's like shit smeared all over my screen.

I really enjoyed Blacklist but the replacement for Ironside was terrible and really took me out of the (admittedly really silly) story constantly. He sounds 20 years younger, not sure why they didn't try to get someone who sounded like Fisher :/

Blacklist does have my favorite moment in the entire series near the end though. Super dumb but it did actually make me shout out "oh shit"!

Khronico

I played through the entirety of Blacklist a few months ago and cannot remember a single thing about the storyline. Something about terrorists? I guess? Probably Russian (ultra)nationalists in there somewhere?

Also it really bugged me how Sam is like 70 yet he looks and sounds like he's in his early 40's tops.

Gameplay was top notch though, so it didn't really matter.

Salsa

I played through the entirety of Blacklist a few months ago and cannot remember a single thing about the storyline. Something about terrorists? I guess? Probably Russian (ultra)nationalists in there somewhere?

Also it really bugged me how Sam is like 70 yet he looks and sounds like he's in his early 40's tops.

Gameplay was top notch though, so it didn't really matter.

I already lost the plot 2 missions in, but like it matters

Any chances of the game going lower on steam sale?

no

Salsa

I really enjoyed Blacklist but the replacement for Ironside was terrible and really took me out of the (admittedly really silly) story constantly. He sounds 20 years younger, not sure why they didn't try to get someone who sounded like Fisher :/

Blacklist does have my favorite moment in the entire series near the end though. Super dumb but it did actually make me shout out "oh shit"!

their whole thing during the reveal was that even tho it was still a sequel, it was a "reboot" for Fisher. Younger, new face, new voice.

how does it make sense that they purposefully made him younger while keeping the game a sequel? it doesnt

honestly they just made commander shepard

fisher_threattrailer21_thumb.jpg

SamFace2_zps394e3062.png

it looks so much like him its distracting

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any games get removed from Steam lately? havent heard about that happening in a while

Watch Dogs randomly starting freaking out......

their whole thing during the reveal was that even tho it was still a sequel, it was a "reboot" for Fisher. Younger, new face, new voice.

how does it make sense that they purposefully made him younger while keeping the game a sequel? it doesnt

honestly they just made commander shepard

fisher_threattrailer21_thumb.jpg

SamFace2_zps394e3062.png

it looks so much like him its distracting

Yeah, it follows directly from Conviction so any sort of semblance of it being a reboot goes out the window. Makes the Fisher surgery all the more distracting.

Grief.exe

I've always been interested in the multiplayer modes in Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, and Blacklist. Never tried it myself, though I love watching it played.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
any games get removed from Steam lately? havent heard about that happening in a while

In the past month:

- You Don't Know Jack
- Monsters & Munitions
- The Haunted: Hell's Reach
- QUBE

Also, there's an interesting situation with Pandora Directive: it was included with pre-orders of the Atlus-published Tesla Effect, but Night Dive recently put it up on the store along with the other older Tex Murphy games, complete with a separate app (http://steamdb.info/app/274390/ versus Night Dive's http://steamdb.info/app/302360/). Consequently, I don't see Atlus' app being made available separately.

Game just got Warhol'd.

I thought my videocard or cpu were dying so I was freaking out but other games work fine. Of course it's frustrating as it seems locked to the checkpoint and I'm chasing a guy so I have to do it with it looking like that and a random blinding light that comes and goes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In the past month:

- You Don't Know Jack
- Monsters & Munitions
- The Haunted: Hell's Reach
- QUBE

QUBE dont count and you know it JaseC!

Didnt know Haunted Hells Reach got pulled tho. Ive never heard of monsters & munitions

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
QUBE dont count and you know it JaseC!

It does as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Didnt know Haunted Hells Reach got pulled tho. Ive never heard of monsters & munitions

M&M is a MumboJumbo-published game that was released under the Early Access banner just five months ago. I'm not sure why it was taken down.

Edit: Some say that the devs ran out of cash and so the decision was made to pull the game from sale.

More Desura keys - take them all. First come, first serve.

Alcarys Complex (Desura) - 8AG1H-AOLDI-F9GHS-M4S5H-RNUDX
Bionic Heart (Desura) - OZPDR-B0844-FBRYR-EY9SF-HKZB0
Duplicity (Desura) - G3JH5-3OP79-H202T-KF8Q8-T6476
Eve Burst Error (Desura) - OX95D-OUE16-KJBLI-QJGIF-NP2HD
Helleen (Desura) - OV4QT-W6DYV-W4K0T-259JR-96L2U
The Moon Sliver (Desura) - JPI3Y-3H9ZT-R3K5W-XQ46I-B2XOR
Retention (Desura) - 39WE6-OF7EO-ZSG3X-DGHAC-8W06C
Siege of Inaolia (Desura) - AV4HX-34132-U5Y1O-43JWV-K5JG5
Tree Simulator 2013 (Desura) - INHR8-GTNG6-SA137-JME4L-1O56M
Yury (Desura) - G1PGA-QWMD0-QJ6Q5-U51P0-2V9Y3

Clearing out the rest of my extra keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marine Sharpshooter 2 -- MB-812E7271EF888EFA - Taken by Milamber
Civilization III Complete -- MB-74E4D357647A6DA1 - Taken by PossumMeat
To The Moon -- MB-CC7464DC950D33CC - Taken by Boom Boom Pow
Gun Metal -- MB-EC9ED13C2370C96A - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-06488256C5DD58C4 - Taken by VikasNarula
Vanguard Princess -- MB-315739B02A1EEEE3 - Taken by mr_tc
Soulbringer -- MB-8C391113B2AC4272 - Taken by Halo 2
Europa Universalis III Complete -- MB-1936CB8D20C0EC2E - Taken by cardinalmind
Beatbuddy -- MB-3F8AE12BC45E7785 - Taken by sibarraz
Volt -- MB-43DDDC5FDDB82011 - Taken by bkw
Grimind -- MB-7CF3318208BFD418 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-15D3013345834D25 - Taken by trailmix16
Galaxy on Fire II HD -- MB-54C2BFE5E1398D8C - Taken by fuzzy123
This is absolutely a test -- MB-TESTMODBOTKEY - Taken by Stump Testing Modbot

Garcia

I thought my videocard or cpu were dying so I was freaking out but other games work fine. Of course it's frustrating as it seems locked to the checkpoint and I'm chasing a guy so I have to do it with it looking like that and a random blinding light that comes and goes.

Seems almost like a cheat code enabled effect, lol. Btw, is that Kim Basinger in your avatar?

KainXVIII

inb4 Dead Rising 3 should i play DR2 or DR2: Off the record (or both)? Never played it before (maybe a little on Wii, but that was another story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom