• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

cant speak for part 1 but JC2 is just fucking beautiful chaos. just dont play it for the story and enjoy hookshotting to everything followed by blowing everything up. It's that type of open world game

Yeah I was more than disappointed when I played it and found out that tidbit. Especially when the game forces you to bullshit until you have enough chaos for the next mission. I'm really bad at games with loose objectives.

Caerith

It's basically not easy to do anything like that because ModBot doesn't assume a strict format, so names are entered in all sorts of mishmashes of ways, and I am not being paid to manually categorize Batman Origins as Batman Arkham Origins as Arkham Origins as Buttman Arkham Buttrigins loll hahaha. I agree that in some ideal world that would be a good idea though.

Could ModBot be made to parse an app id the way it parses (Origin) and (Desura)? Like, if someone registered "Buttman Oranges (209000)" it would make the giveaway as "Buttman Oranges -- MB-8675309" but with the image and link for Arkham Oranges, or "Dark Souls 2 DLC (284450)" and it would link to the DLC page instead of the page for the base game, etc.

(If it already does this, then nevermind.)

Firebrand

Groupees 1$ Remute bundle has the following games:
  • Speedball 2HD (Steam)
  • Retro Arcade Adventure Remade (Desura)
  • Chester (Desura)
  • Dynablaster Revenge (DRM Free)

Mostly interesting for the 'Game Music History' soundtrack full of Hubbard, Galway and Huelsbeck goodness.
Dynablaster? Wouldn't that IP belong to Konami?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a heads up for those of you using the Enhanced Steam Standalone application: Valve changed their IP addresses again, so you'll need to update the configuration files to make sure you can still access all of Steam.

See instructions here

Parsnip

Couple extras from Indie Gala, gift links.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-439D96E5B8033028 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Erika Reed Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-2DD18F567EFA1415 - Taken by kevin1025

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Do yinz think that Transistor will be discounted during the steam summer sale? Or do you think it's safe to buy now. I want to play it.

Danj

Probably posted already:

10414910_693143797389848_7801528939277310818_n.jpg

Just in time for Steam Sales: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming...81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpxmxaq&istBid=t

Starts on 18th btw.

Awesome, I will be all over that.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dynablaster? Wouldn't that IP belong to Konami?

Hopefully it's licensed. It says it's a remake of the Hudson Soft game, since they say it's based on their game I guess it might? I mainly bought the bundle for this game so I hope it's not removed.

Salsa

that restored version of watch_dogs with PC effects is so master race above consoles that it even includes a fedora

ZXWFVKr.jpg

hack the m'lady

nexen

the Watch_Dogs shadergate .... omfg.

*popcorn*

edit: I bet they get away with it because so few people will understand it well enough to call BS on the inevitable PR spin.

Hopefully it's licensed. It says it's a remake of the Hudson Soft game, since they say it's based on their game I guess it might? I mainly bought the bundle for this game so I hope it's not removed.
It's a standalone download, not associated with either Steam or Desura as far as I can tell, so it doesn't matter if Groupees later removes it. Just back it up.

Salsa

oh nevermind, apparently it even runs better with the added effects

downgrading PC ports by disabling effects just so that they don't look too far ahead of their console counterparts. what a time to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom