• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Man this is such a cool thing to see when you open Steam in the browser and didn't expect anything
LvYudmy.png

Happy 7th Steamday to me!

Probably my favourite ES thing :D
Congrats, young'un!

Between Paranautical Activity, Tower of Guns, and Fancy Skulls, it seems like the roguelike first person shooter is in vogue right now.
None of the roguelike first person shooters I've seen so far look all that fun to play. I'd really like something that's like a cross between Quake and Spelunky.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of wrote off CS:GO as DOA when it launched due to its reception by fans of CS:S and CS 1.6.

CS fans are loud, fickle, and ultimately short sighted.

It's best to largely ignore them.

I couldn't agree more with Steve. There seems to be a consensus among the louder, more vitriolic elements of the community (aka certain forums I won't name but aren't GAF or Facepunch, so no worries there) that if Valve makes something, it sucks, and BTW 1.6 is perfect, amen.

The CS:GO beta taught me why Valve is extremely selective when it responds to CS community questions, concerns, and demands.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hey jshackles, couple of issues with Enhanced Steam (Chrome extension) on Opera 22.

First is I keep being logged out every time I go to check my Wishlist. Doesn't occur when I disabled Enhanced Steam. Been happening since 6.2 came out, I just keep forgetting to mention it to you.

Second thing is a minor issue of overlapping on a few games. Just Cause 2 for example
DPZ4ElQ.jpg

Nzyme32

Hey jshackles, couple of issues with Enhanced Steam (Chrome extension) on Opera 22.

First is I keep being logged out every time I go to check my Wishlist. Doesn't occur when I disabled Enhanced Steam. Been happening since 6.2 came out, I just keep forgetting to mention it to you.

Second thing is a minor issue of overlapping on a few games. Just Cause 2 for example
DPZ4ElQ.jpg

I had a similar issue but it's because I was using a 1366x768 laptop. Other screens were fine. This seems to be a more general issue with steam even without ES. For example the tags dialogue box appears obscured most of the time in a wonky part of the screen, often with the close box being covered so you can't do anything at all. #oldlappytroubles

Arthea

Lumines really has to go on sale already, it's insane to pay 15€ for a 10yo game most of us already played!

Someone talk me out of buying Secret Files Franchise Pack, for example maybe not all games are redeemable on steam or maybe I don't wanna play it, or something like that.
please?

Congrats, young'un!

None of the roguelike first person shooters I've seen so far look all that fun to play. I'd really like something that's like a cross between Quake and Spelunky.
What about Wrack?

I've never played Quake, but Tower of Guns is quadruple jumping, insanely hectic, thousands-of-bullets-per-minute chaos. The game can get very frenetic, you need to constantly stay on the move and evading and shooting to survive.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Not sure on the issue of being logged out, but the overlapping tags has been an issue since they were originally introduced. It gets it's starting width from the first element on the list. So if the first item isn't discounted, and the rest of the items are, this sort of thing happens.

Guess I'll probably finally dig into the code and fix it if I can.

Momentary

Banned
Man I hope CDPR hasn't been asked by one of the console players to make sure to have decent parity on The Witcher 3. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like this, but people sell out all the time.

Uzzy

Man I hope CDPR hasn't been asked by one of the console players to make sure to have decent parity on The Witcher 3. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like this, but people sell out all the time.

They'll get asked, but CDPR have constantly said that the game will be best on PC.

This can be groundbreaking if the unscripted conversation isn't cheap. Wishlisted

Spoiler alert, if it's made by some no name studio and is being sold as part of an indie game and not as part of a larger suite of computer communications tech, chances are it's probably pretty cheap and breakable. But within the limits of a directed narrative I'm sure it's serviceable.

BigB.jpg

releases tomorrow

lolwat

Garcia

Lumines really has to go on sale already, it's insane to pay 15€ for a 10yo game most of us already played!

Someone talk me out of buying Secret Files Franchise Pack, for example maybe not all games are redeemable on steam or maybe I don't wanna play it, or something like that.
please?

You have no idea how much you just blew my mind. I had no clue we already had Lumines on Steam; since 2008, actually.

Wishlisted and keeping my fingers crossed to see it go on sale!

Well I beat Thief '14, now to uninstall and never play the game again.

What I did like:
- The side client missions. You were hired to go and steal something, what narrative there was you largely got through lore you could pick up and read or through conversations you could overhear.
- The fifth chapter. The only section of the game with anything bordering on atmosphere.

What I didn't like:
- The context sensitive controls. They needed to be more liberally with what they tagged as being interactive.
- The cinematics and story. For a master thief Garret sure fucks up a lot and almost gets caught at the end of so many missions in the game.
- The sound design. Absolutely terrible because of how unpolished it is, there are so many audio glitches in this game.
- Button mashing and keyboards. The parametric button press sections were there to mask load times, so I'm not certain why there were so many loading screens directly following those sections or why there were so many loading screens when the actual areas of The City were so small and vacant.

Arthea

You have no idea how much you just blew my mind. I had no clue we already had Lumines on Steam; since 2008, actually.

Wishlisted and keeping my fingers crossed to see it go on sale!

slim chance of that happening, though. I even removed it from my wishlist out of annoyance of it never going on sale, according to Jasec last time it was on sale back in 2010 (><)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That looks better

T629LEC.png

:)

Garcia

slim chance of that happening, though. I even removed it from my wishlist out of annoyance of it never going on sale, according to Jasec last time it was on sale back in 2010 (><)

Oh, man... :-/

Isn't the Lumines on Steam pretty outdated? I think it only supports really low resolutions, too.

Well, as long as it's playable and not too ugly I can get over the lack of hi-res.

Well I beat Thief '14, now to uninstall and never play the game again.

The meltdowns whenever someone plays that game are always hilarious to read. Sounds like a reverse Goat Simulator.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im going to like Thief, come at me bros

I liked Hitman and Tomb Raider, fuck you guys

jshackles

im going to like Thief, come at me bros

I liked Hitman and Tomb Raider, fuck you guys

I absolutely loved Tomb Raider and even Hitman, but I couldn't play past the first chapter of Thief.

Caerith

What about Wrack?

I've never played Quake, but Tower of Guns is quadruple jumping, insanely hectic, thousands-of-bullets-per-minute chaos. The game can get very frenetic, you need to constantly stay on the move and evading and shooting to survive.

Tower of Guns doesn't look bad, but it's not quite the same. Maybe it's the aesthetic, or that all the enemies are turrets and drones and robots and stuff?

Wrack actually looks like a reskin of Quake. I don't really like its art direction, but it seems to play like a classic FPS from what I've seen in the trailer. If they added randomized levels, daily challenges, etc, then yeah, that could be it.

Also you should really play Quake. The guy who did the music for it went on to be famous for something.

Eanan

You mean Costa Rica and Uruguay are going to field Pirlo?
Because pirlo was the only reason Italy won...

Funny how everyone talks about pirlo now, where as back in the mid 2000's he wasn't that noticed at all to the masses.

Dont rate that English defence at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom