• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Dear all-mighty Steam Gaf.

I'm looking for overlooked or obscure PC games that aren't HORRIBLE, but also aren't GOOD. So, probably just interesting games. As in that's all they really are.

It's for videos and stuff, get a kick out of it. Want some cool games of this style to keep an eye out during sales. Just finished my review of Alien Shooter 2: Conscription, and that was a sweet spot of bad but could have been amazing and had interesting ideas. So stuff like that.

you should just do FootLOL vids exclusively, these are hilarious and indefinitely watchable, sells the game too!
only partly kidding

or you could do Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it looks nice in vids and plays good too.

dont go to the capcom thread then, most people want nintendo to buy capcom >_>

Not sure how that would work out for them, considering they were in a bit of a financial downturn... Nintendo doesn't really have the online infrastructure to support Capcom's most valuable IPs either, IMO.

At least if they bought Capcom, I guess that would make it a sweeter deal when they're resigned to going the way Sega did and becoming a third party player. ;)

Dark Souls 2 is not single player. (I probably played only 10% of the time not either in coop or pvp)

You're the direct opposite of me, it seems.
Unless I wanted help on a boss, wanted to grind boss encounters for items, or wanted to grind a covenant for rank, I played solo.
Agree to disagree then, sir. :p

Arthea

steamgaf, figure me this.
In very old Peggle thread (on gaf) I was assured repeatedly that Peggle has multiplay and I'm blind, inspite of playing hundreds of hours on different platforms I never noticed it, and now I installed it on steam and am playing again... I don't see multiplay again... really, I don't. There are not so many menu options there to miss something like that completely, but I manage. So is there multiplay? And if it is, how is it accessible?

edited: also yup, steam is dead.

Copons

But Sim City 4 and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 on Nuuvem are for Mac Steam but won't work on PC. At it looks like it's saying that in the text?

Oh gosh, I just now realized the Portuguese wording (with all those "no") could actually be way misleading from an English speaker
even tho I assumed you were Spanish :p
!

When I told you it was clear, I actually meant it was clear the Nuuvem keys worked fine on both Mac and Win! :D

Hope you didn't lose the sale or something (even tho the SC4 one was a bad price)

Trejik

you should just do FootLOL vids exclusively, these are hilarious and indefinitely watchable, sells the game too!
only partly kidding

or you could do Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it looks nice in vids and plays good too.

Noted, added to wishlist, will eventually make FootLOL video. And that Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae game, that looks like a real winner in the comedy department. Also, makes for great screencaps.

Eventually you'll become so numb to repeated questions that you'll basically be Dr. Manhattan.

You'd think so... but it's more like water torture or something... it never becomes a dulled sensation and just keeps pushing you toward the edge...

In Afghanistan. Considering some Internet is better than no Internet then yeah there was better.

Good to be back.

Fair enough. Welcome back. ;)

And it's back!

Don't jinx it.

Here are my impressions from February
Very rarely do I impulse-buy games. I saw XenoRaptor on TIGForums last night and was instantly intrigued by the crazy description and impressive GIFs. If "a weapon which teleports attack bears into the cockpit of enemy ships" doesn't peak your interest, nothing will. I tried the demo and then purchased the game ten minutes later, I'm a big fan of dual stick shooters and bullet hell mayhem action games, and XenoRaptor does not disappoint.

The last indie that compelled me to buy it so fast was Broforce and in a similar fashion, XenoRaptor is wild, over-the-top, and just fun. The controls are fluid and very responsive, allowing you to evade enemy fire and enemies themselves with ease. But being able to maneuver with ease doesn't mean the game is easy. The gameplay has the same fast, frenetic, frantic pace of Assault Android Cactus, as bullets and enemies fly in from all angles, and you must constantly stay on the move, rarely given a moment to rest. However, XenoRaptor offers the player far more freedom in terms of gameplay. From engine types to customizing your loadouts to altering your dragons color pattern, you have a wide range of options to mix and match. Want to be a teleporting, mine dropping, laser blade wielding cyberdragon? Or evasive and armed with railgun and chaingun? Or do you want to mind control enemy ships and use your laser like a tractor beam? All those playstyles are equally viable.

XenoRaptor's charm extends to its environments and visuals as well. Controlling a weaponized space dragon mech is just feels more exciting and cooler your usual SHMUP ship, and better yet, the health and overheat meter is represented Dead Space-style, by lights on your dragon's body, keeping the UI minimal and the screen free of clutter. The backdrop of planet, stars, and asteroid fields are impressive and in some instances play a role in gameplay. Asteroids can be dragged along with your tractor beam or used to funnel enemies through chokepoints so they destroy themselves.

XenoRaptor doesn't just offer hectic single player chaos; you can also play co-operatively and competitively. I haven't tried those modes yet, but they're there for people who enjoy multiplayer. The game is still in beta, with more maps, enemies, bosses, and ship components to come. If you're a fan of arcade shooters, bullet hell fun, and tactical depth, XenoRaptor is right up your alley
If you want to see a shitload of GIFs and webms, here's the XenoRaptor thread
Webm 1 Webm 2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welcome back Jawmuncher! Glad you made it home alright.

Grief.exe

Yep finished it up and now back in the states all in time for the summer sale.

Congratulations! Capcom releasing Dragon's Dogma and Dino Crysis during the Summer Sale to celebrate.

Valve should seriously consider purchasing a controlling interest in Capcom. You generally need 5-10% of the stock I believe.

Because OG Thief has like, 4 or 5 different movement speeds, with different noise levels.
It's a sneak em up, not a run and gun game ;)

I still remapped it to be more like the traditional WASD set-up, some of the actions are entirely redundant. I don't need buttons for looking, left, right, up or down when I have mouselook.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Piece of shit wifi on my piece of shit 4S /rage

Edit: welcome back Jaw, hopefully hole free. Well, besides your natural holes of course

Welcome back Jawmuncher!

==============================
GOTY right here:
Xx2pVx1.png

You can choose which actor/actress the hero resembles or you can type any name.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like the ban on the Euro Truck dev got lifted.

source

Jawmuncher

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
Can't wait for the summer sale more than a few stuff I'm going to grab even if Dino Crisis isn't there.

Also I got a ps4 just to play some MGSV and I think its busted has been loading forever. Next gen gaming at its finest think I'm just gonna stick most stuff to the PC if this is the trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom