• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
lol modbot closed another great waifu thread :D

It didn't even have the chance to get creepy :(

I like how text adventures on Steam is now a thing.
Sadly, they're not the text adventures of my youth, being more like digital choose your own adventure books, but I'll take them.

Shame that the reviews on the one make it seem out to be awful. I'd like some good choose your own adventure games on Steam.

2014 Challengers Costume Pack for free

I assume these are costumes for the new characters?

mmhmm
N75NJL5.jpg

Knurek

Have you played Legend of Grimrock? It's pretty much the same

Not even close.
Grimrock has real-time combat and is more focused on puzzle solving (making it a homage to Eye of the Beholder games), while M&M X is turn-based and much more focused on exploration (making it a homage to... well, World of Xeen).

Turfster

Shame that the reviews on the one make it seem out to be awful. I'd like some good choose your own adventure games on Steam.

Yeah, I uh... wouldn't put too much faith into most of those reviews.
I like how the OTHER game written by exactly the same person has glowing, positive reviews.

Momentary

Banned
Really sucks for me that none of the Playfire rewards work on my account. My account has been frozen at 930 games and hasn't picked up on any of my achievements. I've probably missed out on well over $100 worth of rewards and support is horrible. I just want them to delete my account from their program now.

Trejik

Dear all-mighty Steam Gaf.

I'm looking for overlooked or obscure PC games that aren't HORRIBLE, but also aren't GOOD. So, probably just interesting games. As in that's all they really are.

It's for videos and stuff, get a kick out of it. Want some cool games of this style to keep an eye out during sales. Just finished my review of Alien Shooter 2: Conscription, and that was a sweet spot of bad but could have been amazing and had interesting ideas. So stuff like that.

mannerbot

Really sucks for me that none of the Playfire rewards work on my account. My account has been frozen at 930 games and hasn't picked up on any of my achievements. I've probably missed out on well over $100 worth of rewards and support is horrible. I just want them to delete my account from their program now.

Might as well try posting in the Playfire thread and hope that radmonkey can help you out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It may just be the IGN comments, but seeing all those 'Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony should buy Capcom' comments makes me sad. We need fewer exclusives in gaming, not more.

dont go to the capcom thread then, most people want nintendo to buy capcom >_>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dear all-mighty Steam Gaf.

I'm looking for overlooked or obscure PC games that aren't HORRIBLE, but also aren't GOOD. So, probably just interesting games. As in that's all they really are.

It's for videos and stuff, get a kick out of it. Want some cool games of this style to keep an eye out during sales. Just finished my review of Alien Shooter 2: Conscription, and that was a sweet spot of bad but could have been amazing and had interesting ideas. So stuff like that.

Marlow Briggs baby! its a cheap indie decent, well made God of War clone

edit: fucking double posts... you guys need to post more :(

im sorry

Mega Man getting the New Super Mario Bros treatment would be amazing. The world wasn't ready for Mega Man Powered Up. Being a PSP game also probably didn't help.
It would be awesome, but it being exclusive to, say, the Wii U would be just as bad for visibility as MMPU being on PSP was. Capcom going exclusive by being bought out by a platform holder wouldn't really be so great, no matter who it was.

Santiako

BlackwellDeception.jpg

Today I finished The Blackwell Deception, last game I have of the series. As usual, fantastic game. If you like PnC adventure games you should really play them. Hopefully Epiphany goes for cheap this incoming sale so I can finish the saga.

Today I finished The Blackwell Deception, last game I have of the series. As usual, fantastic game. If you like PnC adventure games you should really play them. Hopefully Epiphany goes for cheap this incoming sale so I can finish the saga.

Don't count on it. It's only been out for a couple of months, and it was only 25% off in the GOG sale a few days ago. But hey, maybe it'll go for ten bucks in the summer sale.

Donos

Fuuuu, i'm currently in Spain and heading back to Germany tomorrow. Now i want to buy Strike Vector but since Steam recoognizes the spanish IP, i have to click "i verify, that i live in spain" to advance further to the payment. But i don't live in Spain. Just took my laptop with me in my vacation. I don't want to click this and the get banned later or my game removed or something like that.

Do i have to wait till tomorrow and buy from germany or can i just click this without problem?

Edit: well, the offer ends in 42 hours so i still have time to buy it in germany.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
BlackwellDeception.jpg

How long did it take you to complete all the Blackwell games? I own them and I haven't played them yet but after playing the Shivah I want me some more Wadjet Eye goodness

The_Monk

But Sim City 4 and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 on Nuuvem are for Mac Steam but won't work on PC. At it looks like it's saying that in the text?

This?

"STEAMPLAY: Comprando este jogo você poderá jogar tanto no MAC quanto no PC."

If it is that, it says you can play on either MAC as well on PC my good man.

How long did it take you to complete all the Blackwell games? I own them and I haven't played them yet but after playing the Shivah I want me some more Wadjet Eye goodness

I never timed it, but I would say that each episode is maybe 3-4 hours long. Perhaps longer if you're going through it completely blind.

They're good games; in fact, they're probably my favourite adventure games. Just make sure you play them in the proper order.

In case you're wondering, the proper order for the Blackwell series is...
Legacy
Unbound
Convergence
Deception
Epiphany

Nabs

The first couple are really short, but they begin to take longer as they go on. Deception almost took between 5-6 hrs.

Sub Zero

^^^
Awesome. Will start with Legacy tomorrow. Good thing I played the Shivah first, heard it has some references and connections to the Blackwell series

I can tell you how long they took me:

Legacy - 3 hours
Unbound - 2 hours
Convergence - 3 hours
Deception - 5 hours

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
BlackwellDeception.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of these games. I should try them sometime, along with all the Telltale Games titles I own.

The controls for oldass first person games always hurt my brain. Playing Thief Gold and it has the most bizarre control scheme. Q and E handle look/lean, W is run forward, S is walk forward, A and D are look left/right when the game has full mouselook, X is walk backwards while Z and C are strafe left/right. I don't understand having buttons for walking and running when Shift also alters your movement speed.

It would be awesome, but it being exclusive to, say, the Wii U would be just as bad for visibility as MMPU being on PSP was. Capcom going exclusive by being bought out by a platform holder wouldn't really be so great, no matter who it was.

I'm just talking Mega Man, outside of Monster Hunter the rest of Capcpom can fuck off. Mega Man being exclusive to the Wii U can't be worse than not existing at all.

Sub Zero

Donte be damned if it doesn't sound like some major blasphemy!
of epic proportions even (><)

I haven't played Grimrock yet, so I assumed that it's turn based like M&M. Don't nail me on a cross ffs...

Bought the Heroes Rise bundle and I'm not even mad, we need more of these kind of games this leave me with little enough to buy a DLC for Pinball FX2 in the Summer Sale.

Durante

For shame. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to say Dark Souls 2.
Dark Souls 2 is not single player. (I probably played only 10% of the time not either in coop or pvp)

Have you played Legend of Grimrock? It's pretty much the same
Nah. Outside of the perspective, they are extremely different.

Grimrock is a puzzle-focused dungeon crawler with a real-time battle system.

M&M X is an exploration focused RPG with a large world, multiple cities, quests and a turn-based battle system.

Edit: I see this has been mentioned already. Anyway, buy M&M X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom