• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam | July 2014 - I'm not one of your fried chicken tramps

Nzyme32

At the top right is says day 1, and someone mentioned earlier that before the video was referred to as day 0 when looking through the webpage source. Perhaps more stuff tomorrow?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fly'n -- MB-20681E420E1736D8 - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-81B8D01D27377611 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 7 entrants total.
Nekro -- MB-6807D3CAD0A61004 - Taken by Trejik. 3 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-C48195E6A7EEE5D1 - Taken by PinkCrayon. 2 entrants total.
Spate -- MB-367E38AFA04EB4E3 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-E6AD74BCAC3204A9 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-60C5FBBC3E8E453B - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-FC291E8E78EA70AA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-56E54E1E671875CF - Taken by Nabs. 3 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori 1 -- MB-A8C291497A597F60 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (Desura) -- MB-28D0718D16497656

t1403052176z1.png

So is Ultra Street Fighter IV suppose to be a new sub or one that replaces AE?

It seems like Valve is allowing people to Remove recently added free titles through the Account Details page.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jawmuncher - last time online 50 days ago

Why u lying steam, he's right there :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Its so nice to be back in America. Now I just need Internet for my steam.

Welcome back!

That was pretty great. I don't know if I'd like to see it turned into a show, though.

is this like a thing on the steam thread now? lying about how you're laughing?

I am in tears

Authority's apparently been banned, so that quote is his mark on Gaf. That and booty gifs.

oipic

Its so nice to be back in America. Now I just need Internet for my steam.

Very nice to know that you're home safe and sound, Jawmuncher, much to the joy of family and friends, I'm sure. Just in time for the sale, too - well played, Sir.

It was always a bit surreal reading your posts from abroad, mindful of where they were being sent from.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I see that Knightmare Tower is out on Steam. With Towerfall, Freedom Fall, KT on Steam, Human Element cancelled, Polarity on Greenlight, Hidden in Plain Sight and CLARC greenlit... Ouya really has basically nothing left. They've got Soul Fjord, I guess, by Airtight Games? That's pretty much it. Wow.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For what? I had no idea what he was going on about most of the time but I thought he was harmless.

Checking the record it appears to be for posting magazine scans in the Final Fantasy Explorers thread, which also explains why you don't see it in his post history, since it was deleted.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Stumpokapow,

I was wondering if you would be open to adding a 1 or half an hour raffle to modbot? 15 minutes is a bit too short, especially if modbot messes up the steam images for the games, and you want to correct them prior to posting; and the next choice at 3 hours is a bit too much for short giveaways.

Tenrius

I see that Knightmare Tower is out on Steam. With Towerfall, Freedom Fall, KT on Steam, Human Element cancelled, Polarity on Greenlight, Hidden in Plain Sight and CLARC greenlit... Ouya really has basically nothing left. They've got Soul Fjord, I guess, by Airtight Games? That's pretty much it. Wow.

"Thank you for believing". Rather sad, really.

Anyone who got an Ouya for its "exclusives" is doing it wrong. I have one and love it, but let's call a spade a spade...it's a fun emulation box, with the ability to sideload apps (I mean legal stuff in my own case) and there's also stuff like XMBC (which I don't use, but that's important to a lot of people). With that being said, I was happy to see Jumpman Returns on it. That debuted on the Ouya and isn't on any other platform yet (but it will be). Since Ouya sent me a $5 credit a while ago, I happily used it on that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey Stumpokapow,

I was wondering if you would be open to adding a 1 or half an hour raffle to modbot? 15 minutes is a bit too short, especially if modbot messes up the steam images for the games, and you want to correct them prior to posting; and the next choice at 3 hours is a bit too much for short giveaways.

Yeah I'm not super happy with the timing options myself. I'm wondering whether or not it makes more sense to move to: 15 minutes, 90 minutes, 3 hours, 12 hours rather than instant, 15 minutes, 3 hours, 24 hours. I dunno. A lot of these sort of... administrative decisions are stuff I don't really like doing. It's really demotivating as a programmer having to make those decisions instead of working on fun stuff. Thanks for the feedback, like I said I'm kicking that stuff around myself.

The_Monk

Yeah I'm not super happy with the timing options myself. I'm wondering whether or not it makes more sense to move to: 15 minutes, 90 minutes, 3 hours, 12 hours rather than instant, 15 minutes, 3 hours, 24 hours. I dunno. A lot of these sort of... administrative decisions are stuff I don't really like doing. It's really demotivating as a programmer having to make those decisions instead of working on fun stuff. Thanks for the feedback, like I said I'm kicking that stuff around myself.

As someone who have been playing a bit of Game Dev Tycoon, I think this post opened my eyes when it comes to decisions in that game. Seriously.
I'm going to give someone a long vacation in my game company.

---

On a side note:
It would be interesting to create another layer of Super/Mega Giver Rule. Something like 40, 50 Games or similar. It would also be interesting to create some sort of rule like the Blacklist but in the other way around. Instead of adding some people to Block, create an option only for certain members to be able to win (Whitelist?). This could be useful if someone wanted to create a Giveaway for the most common Steam-GAFfers/posters in the Steam thread. Might be a silly idea, just wanted to share.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Today I learned that you can install Steam games directly to your logged in client without any sort of confirmation dialog by sending some XHR data to Valve's servers. Interesting.

EDIT: wow you can do all kinds of stuff, even uninstall remotely.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fly'n -- MB-20681E420E1736D8 - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-81B8D01D27377611 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 7 entrants total.
Nekro -- MB-6807D3CAD0A61004 - Taken by Trejik. 3 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-C48195E6A7EEE5D1 - Taken by PinkCrayon. 2 entrants total.
Spate -- MB-367E38AFA04EB4E3 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-E6AD74BCAC3204A9 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-60C5FBBC3E8E453B
Journey of a Roach -- MB-FC291E8E78EA70AA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Mechanic Escape -- MB-56E54E1E671875CF - Taken by Nabs
Alpha Kimori 1 -- MB-A8C291497A597F60 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (Desura) -- MB-28D0718D16497656

Thanks for Antisquad. Looks like some tactical TF2. And it has cards :D

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

LT-homepage-banner.jpg

It's getting hotter, as we have officially launched La Tale on Steam! <3 To make it even STEAMIER, we have cool packages, and a chance to win Toam + Lv. 20 Pet Coupon Box! PLUS, a Guild Event + Love Event are in SESSION! HOT HOT HOT!

At least it's f2p and has cards.

Today I learned that you can install Steam games directly to your logged in client without any sort of confirmation dialog by sending some XHR data to Valve's servers. Interesting.

EDIT: wow you can do all kinds of stuff, even uninstall remotely.
For the less technically inclined among us, is any of that a security hazard? Sorry, just worried after the whole issue brought up by those Euro Truck guys (thankfully now patched)

is this like a thing on the steam thread now? lying about how you're laughing?

I am in tears

I think about that every time someone says "I SPIT [drink] ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD" or "RUINED MY MONITOR WITH [drink]".

The internet spit take is never real.

You're not being honest.

Stop lying.

Nzyme32

Guys, my next phone is going to have a significantly higher resolution than my monitor.

That is just silly.

Yeah I've got a similar thing for now. 1366x768 lappy vs 1920x1080 phone. It's weird. The performance of YouTube vids on my phone is far superior tom my laptop...

For what? I had no idea what he was going on about most of the time but I thought he was harmless.

The second I keep checking.... thx

All I know is I got tired of his RSS newsfeed style of posting relatively quick and he was added to my ignore list. Not because of what he posted, but just that most of it was copy and pasting news articles from other sites.

I like those ideas.
More options don't necessarily hurt, unless the logic is something that breaks modbot. :p

Guys, my next phone is going to have a significantly higher resolution than my monitor.

That is just silly.

What phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom