• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Screw it I'll just buy one game....JUST ONE GAME
As someone with a huge backlog and 3 games on pre-order that are releasing in the next week, games will really have to prove themselves to me to get me to buy them.

Ubisoft put Rayman Origins 75% off, I've been wating for more then three years, now it's time.

Speaking of Rayman Origins, I have a question about that. I heard Rayman Legends has a lot of the levels from Rayman Origins. If this is true, is there any point in buying both Origins and Legends? Or will Legends be enough?

I'm almost ready to claim that this is the worst Summer Sale ever, that the old sales had so much to offer and end it with a nostalgic chatter about good old sales of 2011.

zsswimmer

I wish I had some cards to sell but I dont, so Im going in dry. I have too many games though so there probably isn't going to be a lot for me to buy

RP912

Banned
As someone with a huge backlog and 3 games on pre-order that are releasing in the next week, games will really have to prove themselves to me to get me to buy them.

I hear you on that huge backlog :(. I keep telling myself the only game to get this year is Civilization: Beyond Earth but I find myself buying more games. PC gaming can be annoying sometimes if you lack self control. I'm over here biting my nails and sweating hoping to see a huge discount on train simulator.

MisterM

Speaking of Rayman Origins, I have a question about that. I heard Rayman Legends has a lot of the levels from Rayman Origins. If this is true, is there any point in buying both Origins and Legends? Or will Legends be enough?

Yes, Legends has a lot of the levels from Origins and I think it should be enough to not warrant buying both, even though they're fantastic games.

derExperte

Uh weird. I guess it's the result of the new market buy orders feature they just added, but the price of keys on the market are $2.50 now.

edit: actually nevermind, it's updating constantly. sometimes it just down a bit, then jumps back up to near $2.50. It's a bloody pseudo stock market now.

My keys I'm trying to put on the market aren't showing up. If that happens to others prices start to increase until the server catches up.

Xeroblade

hopefully being away from steam will keep all the sales fresh for me. I'm tired of portal, magicka and countless others. Don't we all have those games by now!?

Lain

It's the 19, the sale is upon us, this thread is getting closer to a lock and it managed to almost reach 400 pages (50ppp best). I said damn.

The_Monk

Guess it's time for some coffee and some nice cold drinks for later on.

Coffee anyone? :)

66svLzi.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Only added $30 to my Steam wallet, but have $150 I transferred into my Paypal earmarked for either buying more Steam wallet credit, or purchasing games from other sites like Amazon or GMG.

Ready to do this.

Are you aware that the Market Transactions tab on one's account page only lists the most recent 500 actions (sales, purchases and listing creations/cancellations), as opposed to offering a complete history like the other tabs? I realised this earlier today and since the history is so limited and fragmented, I'm of the view that it makes the Market Transactions sub-total rather useless, at least in its current form.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm over here biting my nails and sweating hoping to see a huge discount on train simulator.
Then I hope you also found a huge discount on an i7-4790K because that game runs like total shit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
godfuckingdamnitletthesalebeginsopeoplestopaskingthis

I loaded up /r/steam on reddit this morning and... well there are about 30 posts asking either "why hasn't the sale started?", "I thought the sale started at midnight?", or "Are we sure the sale is today?".

Epic Valve troll if it doesn't in fact start today.
I even took the day off of work.

Are you aware that the Market Transactions tab on one's account page only lists the most recent 500 actions (sales, purchases and listing creations/cancellations), as opposed to offering a complete history like the other tabs? I realised this earlier today and since the history is so limited and fragmented, I'm of the view that it makes the Market Transactions sub-total rather useless, at least in its current form.

Yeah, I'm aware. It's something I've requested that Valve fix but they're unwilling to do so. I've left it in place because having those 500 actions is better than not listing it at all, but for a more complete and accurate picture just visit the market homepage with "market transaction history" turned on.

Yes, Legends has a lot of the levels from Origins and I think it should be enough to not warrant buying both, even though they're fantastic games.

Thanks. I just looked for a list of what levels Legends has, and it seems to have 24 of Origins levels left out. So I may buy Origins, if it's cheap enough.

I loaded up /r/steam on reddit this morning and... well there are about 30 posts asking either "why hasn't the sale started?", "I thought the sale started at midnight?", or "Are we sure the sale is today?".

Epic Valve troll if it doesn't in fact start today.
I even took the day off of work.

I love the "I thought the sale started at midnight?" as if time zones were invented yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom