• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra2680

Valve really needs to add a warning, complete with a tickbox, to the confirmation screen. Something like:

"Warning: The funding method you have selected has not previously been used on the Steam Store. As the funds will need be verified, if you proceed you will be unable to use the Community Market until [date and time]."

I was unaware of the new method of verifying my payment method. It made a couple small pending charges to my card and I just had to enter the amounts of the charges. I have access to the market again now.

Arthea

I have $10.53 in store credit.

Your move, Valve.

Just added 50 to my wallet. Between that and intervmittent card sales, will that be enough?

ibbKQ2otYRuqTO.gif

QP3

So as someone with a Mac who has never participated in the SS, will my wallet be safe or will some opportunites to punish it arise?

Thanks and happy bargaining!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Aight looks like I'm nearing the end of Marlow Briggs!

I really regret not picking this up when it costed a dollar. I blame Rekoil and Takedown Red Sabre, which were bundled together with it. Thought it was going to be a shit game like these two

fantomena

Almost 170€ in Steam wallet, 108 euro in holiday money from the government because I worked last summer, 60€ as holiday money from my parents (since Im 19 years old and will soon sometime move out this is the last time) and unknown amount of money for this years summer work.

Come at me, Gabe.

derExperte

There's just no way this thing is going to live up to the ridiculous overhype you guys are spreading, is there? I hate all of you!

There's the option to join GrumpyGAF and moan about terrible discounts and no games that interest you. But do you want to be like that?

So as someone with a Mac who has never participated in the SS, will my wallet be safe or will some opportunites to punish it arise?

You will find enough compatible games. But then you'll see the other prices and start buying everything. Which eventually leads to you buying a $5000 gaming PC. I'm so sorry, there is no hope.

HoosTrax

Uh weird. I guess it's the result of the new market buy orders feature they just added, but the price of keys on the market are $2.50 now.

edit: actually nevermind, it's updating constantly. sometimes it just down a bit, then jumps back up to near $2.50. It's a bloody pseudo stock market now.

HoosTrax

Buy orders only work on HL2 cards at the moment. Key market is probably going crazy because of the new TF2 stuff.
Ah ok, maybe people are stocking up on them getting ready for the sale or something.

I kind of want to see a rolling stock ticker now, like you see on cable financial shows.

Tizoc

I really regret not picking this up when it costed a dollar. I blame Rekoil and Takedown Red Sabre, which were bundled together with it. Thought it was going to be a shit game like these two

For this folly you must get it if it goes for $3.74 >=/

Dascu

It's going to be interesting, personally, how sales will be for all the new unknown indie games that have gotten through Greenlight. Impossible for them to get noticed as easily anymore, so I expect maybe a bunch of bundles with one or two 'known' games each.

Derp

I hope they do something unexpected like in the winter sale when they made L4D2 free for a bit.

I downloaded it, and i haven't played it once. As soon as i was told the community was horrible i went "nope" :S

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only added $30 to my Steam wallet, but have $150 I transferred into my Paypal earmarked for either buying more Steam wallet credit, or purchasing games from other sites like Amazon or GMG.

Ready to do this.

MisterM

I let my friend borrow one of my PCs a little while back as a Big Picture Mode machine. Nothing too fancy i3/6850, I expect he'll be wanting to keep it a while longer after the sale is over :D

It's his birthday soon, I might let him keep it as a present.

RP912

Banned
I hope they do something unexpected like in the winter sale when they made L4D2 free for a bit.

I downloaded it, and i haven't played it once. As soon as i was told the community was horrible i went "nope" :S

I played a few games and didn't encounter toxic people. They were actually very helpful the whole time.

So, got an hour into Bulletstorm. Decided to go with this game next in my steam backlog given that its attachment to GFW means it could explode any day now.

So, Bulletstorm. It reminds me a bit of Vanquish in that, while you could just play this like a standard fps, most of the joy comes from exploiting the game's mechanics to make you feel like a fucking menace. There's nothing quite like pulling someone towards you with an electric rope, slide kicking into them as they are coming towards you, shooting them in the head and then watching their body get impaled onto the side of a space cactus. I wasn't too fond of the turret sequence at the end of Act 1, though, and im hoping that shit like that doesn't appear too frequently for the remainder of the game.

the visuals are starting to not look quite as impressive these days, though, which is a shame really. The game is also burdened with really low bitrate FMV sequences that just look completely awful when compared to how crisp the game looks and how well it runs on a modern PC.

Lastly, for what ive gathered from +1 hours of gameplay Grey (the main character) is a total knuckle dragger. Refreshingly, my current sidekick has no qualms with calling him out on it and seems to just barely want me alive, let alone willingly be of any help. It's kinda interesting that a game takes the main hero's antics and just takes a hot shit on him for it instead of aggrandizing him and making him some sort of paragon of virtue or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom