• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's time for some coffee and some nice cold drinks for later on.

Coffee anyone? :)

66svLzi.gif

Hmmm… Coffee…

deadly-premonition-coffee.gif

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

JOURNEY OF A ROACH -- MB-BDAC8770B0FD2C18 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-A66DB4737FC27CC3 - Taken by Sharkiller. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7D7580210B433ACC
MIASMATA -- MB-5F6C3E8037FAE49F - Taken by Fare Godmace. 7 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-CA90C9C2123F2476 - Taken by AngerdX. 1 entrants total.
LEGEND OF DUNGEON -- MB-83555027264BEC21 - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.
ALPHA KIMORI 1 -- MB-2E62679BBA23DEC9 - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.
NEKRO -- MB-7BC3C02CB1EB1212 - Taken by Myshkin. 2 entrants total.
THE LONGEST JOURNEY -- MB-3D5B5D4F25D6A89D - Taken by Uzzy. 3 entrants total.
SPATE -- MB-CD6D7F32DC331F58 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
ANTISQUAD -- MB-4E81A657ECAD4B77 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
SOULBRINGER -- MB-EF4DEDAE1D8CCA80 - Taken by tjohn86. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-F67B1911690DC5FF - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-DACD7BCAC02DCDDD - Taken by Perun. 2 entrants total.
MECHANIC ESCAPE -- MB-2298F9728293B85F - Taken by danhese007. 2 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-6305F507128FD0D3 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
FLY'N -- MB-CDFA79F4AE9BFDA2 - Taken by AsylumX. 2 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-6EDC96C610A959EA - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.

t1403188188z1.png

Proceed!

Eveything should work, i just resent my "register" post to modbot because yesterday i could not post it (slow gaf) and the timer had expired. So modbot should just have updated the keys (got a bunch of notes).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Think Fallout 1 & 2 have a chance of going on sale again? £9 sounds like too much for games that old.

Almost 100% certain. It's likely that Bethesda released them yesterday so that they would be available for the big sale, they've been discounted heavily in the past when they were sold by Interplay.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Going to set myself a limit of 1 or 2 games between £5 and £15 and then whatever's below £5 will be on a "does this look alright?" basis. Hopefully will serve me well. I can always wait. Always.

Since the beginning of May, here's a list of every game on Steam that's got an 80+ metacritic:
Rise of Nations EE
Freespace 2
The Floor is Jelly
Transistor
Wolfenstein The New Order
Battleblock Theatre

75-80 indies:
Always Sometimes Monsters
A Story about My Uncle
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II

No Metacritic, stuff I've noticed buzz about:
Ouya super mega-hit Knightmare Tower
All the Tex Murphy games
Lifeless Planet came out of Early Access
BIT.TRIP Flux (the last Wii Bit.Trip game)
Richard and Alice
Ouya mega-hit Meltdown
8-Bit Commando
The Stomping Land
The Forest
Among the Sleep
Where is My Heart
ibb & obb
A-Train 9
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Heavy Bullets

Thankee :)

I'm actually *less* hyped for this sale than the last 2. The last two sales did a pretty good job of clearing out my list of "stuff I would buy if only it went on big sale", so really most of what's left for me now is stuff that's come out since the winter sale, and the 20-or-so things on my wishlist. Should still be good for a bunch of stuff, but it lacks a little of my first two Steam sales where it seems like every day there was just an avalanche of stuff i'd wanted to buy for a while.

(yes, yes, i'm one of those weirdos who buys games to generally play them and couldn't give a crap about my overall game count. Heck, I generally don't even buy bundles! I know.. I know...)

My lack of "OOOOH!" might also be due to my damned desktop computer being accidentally put in storage while i'm in the middle of this move, so i'm stuck on my macbook until late July. Sure, tons of stuff are SteamPlay these days, but AAA stuff would kill this thing, Haswell or no Haswell.

Still, i'd be lying if I said I hadn't installed the Steam app on my phone for the sole purpose of being able to catch the flash sales and make my damn card-generating votes no matter where I am...

Doing some last minute wishlisting. Can anyone throw out some decent character action/hacknslash style games? Can be 2d or 3d. I have Dust, the older DMC games, and Darksiders. I added Darksiders 2, MGR:R, and DmC. What other goods am I missing? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom