• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, what's a price mistake?

On the rare occasion, when the featured deals change over, the new discount is stacked on top of the general sale discount, e.g.: CS:GO has a general sale discount of 50% ($7.49) -> it appears as one of the new Flash Sales -> instead of the discount moving up to 75%, it's applied on top of the pre-existing discount of 50% and the game is briefly $1.87.

_hekk05

Banned
I think sometimes they put the wrong price, as in, the discount a certain game too much. I could be wrong though, as I'm fairly new to Steam.

I think it happened in the Winter sale for the Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition.

It happened for Don't starve. Game was literally 1.20 a copy if you bought the 4 pack

fantomena

Im so goddamn dissapointed that Secret Ponchos is online only. Game looked very good at all the Sony showings and I thought it had some SP stuff in it.

Garcia

no, but i'm really holding out for a sale on borderlands GOTY edition ::crosses fingers::

i got dishonored goty for ~$3 and sleeping dogs for around the same price, too, so when it does happen it can be a wonderful thing.

There's usually 2 or 3.

I suppose they only last for the very first couple of minutes once the dailies get updated, right? Which means I need coffee, gallons of it to stay awake, lol.

Can someone please remind me the name of this title, that was recently ported to the PC (last year?), I think it's a 3rd person action game, that features a guy and a girl, in a sort of neo-tribal clothing?

I have seen images of it, but can't remember the name. And of course, has no screenshots to look for

I'd guess Enslaved, or maybe Hunted: The Demon's Forge. Enslaved is good enough fun. Hunted... less so.

_hekk05

Banned
Im so goddamn dissapointed that Secret Ponchos is online only. Game looked very good at all the Sony showings and I thought it had some SP stuff in it.

Its always weird reading stuff like this. You made assumptions about the game and now its coming back to poke you in the eye

Derp

Same! I saw some gameplay and thought it like absolutely awesome. Then I realised it was multiplayer and a little part of me died.

milena87

I
hate
salute you from my uber pro Fastweb ADSL 20/1 which, after every decay possible, arrive in my Ethernet port as an unstable 4/0.3. T_T

Eh, before I was paying for a 7/whatever and I actually got less than 1/0.3. It was really bad. It took me 5 and a half days to download Wolfensteain the New Order... it will take me hours now. Hours!!

Anyway, I really wanted to go with Fastweb's fibra, but they apparently stopped like 2 km from my house, while Telecom's fibra arrived a few few days ago.

edit: pseudo-fibra of course, only one street in Reggio Emilia has real optical fiber, and Fastweb hasn't expanded it since 2001.

Alien Colonial Marines for more than 0€.

lol I never played that, but I remember the glitches... oh there were glithces... like a piano playing Xenomorph!

On the rare occasion, when the featured deals change over, the new discount is stacked on top of the general sale discount, e.g.: CS:GO has a general sale discount of 50% ($7.49) -> it appears as one of the new Flash Sales -> instead of the discount moving up to 75%, it's applied on top of the pre-existing discount of 50% and the game is briefly $1.87.

Oh damn. Does it actually say those sales are stacked, or do people just tell from the price being so ridiculously low?

A feeding frenzy!

Hahaha and no doubt some admin employee getting a finger wag!

See: GamersGate's Bethesda Pack

What happened there?

So do we think it's likely Xenonauts will get a sale? It's been on Steam since roughly July of last year in early access, but only released officially three days ago. Hoping it will hit 50% off, but not really holding my breath for it.

And any chance we see Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance at 75%? I know it's hit 50% off on Amazon in the past.

Speaking of GamersGate, even though they have PixelJunk Eden and Shooter for really low on their weekend sale, would it be silly to take the plunge now when we're less than 2 hours away?

Copons

Eh, before I was paying for a 7/whatever and I actually got less than 1/0.3. It was really bad. It took me 5 and a half days to download Wolfensteain the New Order... it will take me hours now. Hours!!

Anyway, I really wanted to go with Fastweb's fibra, but they apparently stopped like 2 km from my house, while Telecom's fibra arrived a few few days ago.

edit: pseudo-fibra of course, only one street in Reggio Emilia has real optical fiber, and Fastweb hasn't expanded it since 2001.

Pretty much the same here. Fastweb stopped building its line 3 years ago ONE FUCKING BLOCK south of mine.
I was thinking of switching to Telecom or Vodafone (both brings fiber to my house), but at the moment it would cost almost double per month compared to now, so hell, I'll at least wait until after the sale to assess the damages. :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened there?

The Bethesda Complete Pack (Skyrim, Dishonored, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, New Vegas, + DLCs) for $38. Was only on sale for a short time before they ran out of keys.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of GamersGate, even though they have PixelJunk Eden and Shooter for really low on their weekend sale, would it be silly to take the plunge now when we're less than 2 hours away?

No one knows. Maybe the games will be less than 75% off on Steam. Maybe the games will be more than 75% off on Steam. Maybe they'll be flash sales, maybe they won't.

The Bethesda Complete Pack (Skyrim, Dishonored, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, New Vegas, + DLCs) for $38. Was only on sale for a short time before they ran out of keys.
It included more than that, and was around $27, wasn't it? I know it came with Rage, Brink, Rogue Warrior, and probably a few more things...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh damn. Does it actually say those sales are stacked, or do people just tell from the price being so ridiculously low?

Both. There's a small green rectangle showing the percentage off opposite the price. In the case of the example I gave it'd show -88% (rounded up a little).

No one knows. Maybe the games will be less than 75% off on Steam. Maybe the games will be more than 75% off on Steam. Maybe they'll be flash sales, maybe they won't.

Yeah but that's what I meant... the potential for being cheaper on Steam is there, so why not wait 2 hours?

I just really fancy a dabble on PixelJunk Eden dammit!

Edit: Lmao I got the Steam store up, and Gus Fring is on the PayDay 2 cover!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It included more than that, and was around $27, wasn't it? I know it came with Rage, Brink, Rogue Warrior, and probably a few more things...

Right you are. Was $28.76 and included:

• Brink Complete Pack
  • Dishonored™
  • DOOM 3 BFG Edition
  • Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  • Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
  • RAGE
  • Rogue Warrior
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This was Dec 22nd 2012

The funny thing about the Steam sales is that even if you are disappointed about them (as I've been), it's the whole previous moments before it starts, all that tension (what in spanish sports slang we would call "la previa") what makes everyone lose their minds and what I find so engaging.

People discovering for the first time that their spreadsheet device is actually a more than capable gaming machine, that you can switch from work mode to game mode on the fly and even plug the dude on a TV for some comfy couch action, etc.

I have been delving into Steam sales since 2010 so I saw them d/evolve from fun events where you would achievement-hunt or collect tickets, had sections for indies and one for bigger games to this somewhat lifeless, massive, mastodontic events of badges, card collecting, flash sales, big dailies and such.

To think I thought I had an awesome deal for getting Front Mission Evolved for $12 back in those years (and played nearly 50 hours thanks to the very small but active multiplayer community) or $7.50 for War for Cybertron...

Getting something 75% off at $2.49 was like the mega deal. (It still is a great deal today but with the backlog wars, a lot enters into the "will I play this right now?" territory.)

Someone bring me my cane, I'm feeling old already...

edit: Of course, I understand a lot of the "magic" is lost when there are so many weekend, mid-week deals, bundles over bundles in the bundle of the bundle into the bundle, Amazon, GOG, Origin handing games for free, etc. Flooded by offers everywhere.

What? How dare you, sir. If I knew how to make one of those gifs showing that I was removing you from my friends list... well... just imagine that here. :p

Strider is a "hack and slash" my ass. Maybe "Created by hacks and slashes any hope of a resurgence of the Strider franchise to glory"... but really, it's more like "boring hold right and mash x until you get carpal tunnel syndrome waste of $15".

Strider is garbage. It's a metroidvania that has practically nothing going for it other than the climb anything/anywhere mechanic which gets boring after awhile because the world is so ... dull.

[I just realized I'm the morningbus for Strider... start recommending it and I show up to straighten people out with #TRUTHFACTS. Wow, that's kind of heavy... ]

Derp

• Brink Complete Pack
  • Dishonored™
  • DOOM 3 BFG Edition
  • RAGE
  • Rogue Warrior
Now i just want to cry.

_hekk05

Banned
Inb4 sale starts, steam crashes

obgain.gif

Inb4 sale starts, steam crashes

obgain.gif

This is true.

• Brink Complete Pack
  • Dishonored™
  • DOOM 3 BFG Edition
  • RAGE
  • Rogue Warrior

This was Dec 22nd 2012

I remember that sale... I was so pissed because I would get it in my cart and get to the payment method page and without fail every time I thought it would go through... NOPE, SCREW YOU FROST, NO GAMES FOR YOU. :(
Many tables were flipped, several magazine racks were knocked over, and several metric tons of glitter were thrown.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The holy spirit made a miracle. The laptop screen by applying pressure to the screen fixed the weird shit it was going on. STEAM SALE HERE WE FUCKING GO!!!! YAYS!!!!!

jshackles

Now i just want to cry.

Don't worry, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. (Most) people who got in on the deal while it was still live got nothing but support headaches from Gamersgate. Especially people who paid with Paypal, where the money was immediately taken from their account and keys weren't issued for months. A lot of orders got cancelled.

But it was a really stellar deal for those of us that got to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom