• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inb4 sale starts, steam crashes

obgain.gif

inb4 Steam crashes and people starting complaining while they keep refreshing the page.

derExperte

Don't worry about it.
While some people were lucky and kept their games, GamersGate went back on their words that they would honor the price error and revoked and refunded a lot of purchases.

But then gave a year long discount for every order to those left in the cold.

Don't worry about it.
While some people were lucky and kept their games, GamersGate went back on their words that they would honor the price error and revoked and refunded a lot of purchases.

They then said you'd get a -20/-25% discount on all future purchases, which has also since been removed.

Nabs

I was playing a bit of Mechanic Escape and I have a few comments:

- The game feels okay. It's not bad at all. The platforming is fine.
- The game gets old fast. Every level so far feels like the last. I'm sure chapter 2 will look completely different, but... chapter 1 is so damn long (20 levels?).
- A check point system could help this game a ton. It hurts to have to replay an entire level that looks and feels like the last (and probably the next).
- I'm only 11 levels in and I'm completely bored.

I might push through to see what Chapter 2 looks like.

There's literally one negative Steam review on this thing, so it could just be me.

Well, I was wrong. I ended up playing through Chapter 1 and 2, and the game feels like one long boring level. The main difference between Chapter 1 and 2 is a green tint instead of a blue one, and a more annoying boss character. Chapter 3 is red and has a laser spitting boss character. I noped out of that shit instantly. Alt+F4.

I need Shovel Knight soon.

r3n4ud

What? How dare you, sir. If I knew how to make one of those gifs showing that I was removing you from my friends list... well... just imagine that here. :p

Strider is a "hack and slash" my ass. Maybe "Created by hacks and slashes any hope of a resurgence of the Strider franchise to glory"... but really, it's more like "boring hold right and mash x until you get carpal tunnel syndrome waste of $15".

Strider is garbage. It's a metroidvania that has practically nothing going for it other than the climb anything/anywhere mechanic which gets boring after awhile because the world is so ... dull.

[I just realized I'm the morningbus for Strider... start recommending it and I show up to straighten people out with #TRUTHFACTS. Wow, that's kind of heavy... ]

Hey man, I hated the game as much as you, but all I did was hack and slash :p

Don't worry, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. (Most) people who got in on the deal while it was still live got nothing but support headaches from Gamersgate. Especially people who paid with Paypal, where the money was immediately taken from their account and keys weren't issued for months. A lot of orders got cancelled.

But it was a really stellar deal for those of us that got to take advantage of it.

I was one of the lucky ones as I bought 4 copies and gave 3 of them away here. Good times!

Derp

Don't worry, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. (Most) people who got in on the deal while it was still live got nothing but support headaches from Gamersgate. Especially people who paid with Paypal, where the money was immediately taken from their account and keys weren't issued for months. A lot of orders got cancelled.

But it was a really stellar deal for those of us that got to take advantage of it.
Ooh.. Months? I would've been one of those people since i only purchase with Paypal. That would really suck. Regardless, that's probably the best deal i've ever seen to do with games...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ooh.. Months? I would've been one of those people since i only purchase with Paypal. That would really suck. Regardless, that's probably the best deal i've ever seen to do with games...

lol yeah which is why almost 2 years later people still remember it fondly as the pinnacle of price mistakes

The holy spirit made a miracle. The laptop screen by applying pressure to the screen fixed the weird shit it was going on. STEAM SALE HERE WE FUCKING GO!!!! YAYS!!!!!

Make sure you still get it serviced while in warranty.
It really sounds like a bad connection -- it could be just a loose wire where the harness has come loose or it could be something worse like something with solder joints needing repair. You don't want to let your gaming laptop get out of warranty and then need to pay for a full fix 100% out of pocket if it's something serious.

We need the Full Tomb Raider Collection at -90% as well!

Yes. For some reason, I feel compelled to pick up all the "classic" Tomb Raider games for "collecting" purposes. I cannot explain why. Seems like a waste of good sale money, but I've been interested in it since GMG had the collection on sale but turned it down because it wasn't separate keys.

inb4 Steam crashes and people starting complaining while they keep refreshing the page.

STEAM Y U NO REFSH! I NEED MAH DAYLEEZ.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't worry about it.

Well, to be fair, GamersGate can't provide what it isn't given. Bethesda wouldn't cough up enough keys to fulfil the flood of orders, hence refunds and a store-wide -20% code (valid until the very end of the year) being offered as recompense even to those who missed out on just one key. The same courtesy was applied to the Borderlands 2 four-pack snafu (same deal as the Bethesda pack -- too many orders, not enough keys). Tardiness aside, both situations were handled well, I think.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes. For some reason, I feel compelled to pick up all the "classic" Tomb Raider games for "collecting" purposes. I cannot explain why. Seems like a waste of good sale money, but I've been interested in it since GMG had the collection on sale but turned it down because it wasn't separate keys.

Last year during the summer sale the collection went 91% off for a couple of minutes - I think it was $6.99? Not sure because it didn't last long enough for IsThereAnyDeal to capture it.

All I know is that I bought Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 4, Tomb Raider 5, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness all for $3.72.

Hey man, I hated the game as much as you, but all I did was hack and slash :p

I was one of the lucky ones as I bought 4 copies and gave 3 of them away here. Good times!

I wasn't really a part of SteamGAF at the time, but I commend you for the generous giving, sir. ;)

And you dislike Strider reboot as much as I do? Okay, deletion sequence halted. :D

There are so many better games to recommend though... even in 2D "hack and slash"... I'm going to assume that unreleased games with hype are going to be better here too... but from my experience, this is the game to recommend:

Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage
http://store.steampowered.com/app/240660/

Last year during the summer sale the collection went 91% off for a couple of minutes - I think it was $6.99? Not sure because it didn't last long enough for IsThereAnyDeal to capture it.

All I know is that I bought Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 4, Tomb Raider 5, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness all for $3.72.

I thought about it, but hesitated.

As one of my greatest teachers always said (mostly in Driver's Ed.), "He who hesitates is lost."

Here's hoping again... I won't hesitate this time, I even have wallet funds to make checkout faster in the case of a price mistake.

Think I added most of you.

Not long now until Error Code 118!!

But did you add me? o_O

Nabs

Some F2P games seem to be adding new DLC. Probably sale related.

Spiral Knights (Gold Wolf Armor)
Realm of the Mad God
Might Quest for Epic Loot
Loadout

There is probably more, but I don't really care enough.

Nzyme32

If I recall correctly, in more recent sales, they have delayed updating prices till a few minutes after the items are up as on sale. I recall making the mistake of ordering MGS-Rising at the higher price because of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom