• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some F2P games seem to be adding new DLC. Probably sale related.

Spiral Knights (Gold Wolf Armor)
Realm of the Mad God
Might Quest for Epic Loot
Loadout

There is probably more, but I don't really care enough.

giphy.gif

I'm honestly surprised this gif hasn't been plastered here a thousand times by now this morning

I still remember the price mistake last year (which I think was during the summer sale?) for Dishonored Game of the Year Edition. It was $1 for like 10mins at the start of a new sale. Got in on that the second it went up. Wasn't even interested in the game, just jumped on it lol.

It was worth it. Dishonored is a great game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I still remember the price mistake last year (which I think was during the summer sale?) for Dishonored Game of the Year Edition. It was $1 for like 10mins at the start of a new sale. Got in on that the second it went up. Wasn't even interested in the game, just jumped on it lol.

Yeah, that was a good one

Nov 29, 2013 $3.19 Purchase Dishonored GOTY

Nabs

I'm excited to see how crazy Playfire gets with the rewards. They mentioned that they'd be putting up rewards for the top Steam sellers.

Yeah, that was a good one

Yup. I still have that in my inventory. Been thinking about giving it away, but I should probably play it...

Pachimari

Not only couldn't I get my Dual Shock 4 to work with my PC, I can't seem to figure out how to make my Wii mote connect to my PC either. =(

derExperte

That reminds me.... still have that GOTY in my inventory because I only need two DLCs.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-6E297F4D3632A12B - Taken by Kiru. 30 entrants total.

t1403193039z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
Don't remember the Dishonored one, but Don't Starve did go up for something like $0.50 last year for a hot minute.

nah it was 1.20

unless you mean euros

I remember vividly because I added it to my account and checked out and everything and then "warning! an item has changed in price"

Antisquad impressions:

The gameplay is similar to Jagged Alliance: Hire mercs of various nationalities (you start with five but can hire more later,) put them on teams, and have them fight enemy grunts using a turn-based action point system. Items to collect, upgrades and customizations for your characters, special skills, all that good stuff. And it feels good. Mind you, if there's an "undo" button, I didn't see it. If you mistakenly move your character into the line of sight of an enemy, you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. That can be viewed as good or bad, depending.

The graphics are highly stylized. Somewhere between Torchlight and TF2. I like 'em. Each character looks cool and is easily differentiable from the others. Personality-wise, well, read on.

When it comes to audio, I think the one thing it could have benefited from is speech. When you spend so much time giving characters cool backgrounds (having a "Canadian with Spanish roots" shows attention to detail) no different personalities come through in the dialogue. They all seem to be exactly the same character, no matter what their bios read. Speech would have gone a long way to making the personalities shine. The sound effects are good, the music...eh, kinda forgettable. It's not bad, it just doesn't stick out.

Speaking of dialogue, the game suffers from some odd grammatical quirks. Given the game seems only available in English and Russian, I'd guess the developers were the latter. Instructions are similarly janky: "Click right" and "click twice" are used interchangeably with "right-click" and "double-click." It would be cool if a future update made things a little more consistent on that front.

But you don't play games like this for the dialogue! You play it for the tactics, the strategy, the action, the Jamaican snipers and the Irish redheaded scout chicks! (Maybe.) And on that front, it delivers. It's $5.99 but could go on sale soon. If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for it.

jshackles

Enhanced Steam's servers are taking a beating... it begins.

Garcia

Should I keep crafting regular badges in order to get Mystery Cards? Will this keep happening once the Summer Sale begins?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good morning (or afternoon). shouldnt we all be in the sale thread by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom