• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those are good news, I hope. :)

It's good because it means a lot of people are downloading Enhanced Steam (by the way if you don't already have it installed, now would be a good time) but it's also bad because some of the API features: price history, custom profile backgrounds, card drop values, etc are all running slowly.

_hekk05

Banned
Code:
░█▄░▄█░█▀▀░█▀▀▀░ █▀█ 
░█░█░█░█▀▀░█░▀▄░█▀▀█ 
░▀░░░▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀ 
░█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█ ░ █▀█ 
░█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄ ░█▀▀█ 
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░ ▀░▀░░▀ 
░█▀▀ ░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀ ░█▀█ 
░▀▀█ ░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀ ░█▀▄ 
░▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀ ░▀░ ▀ 
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ 
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ 
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ 
░█▀▀ ░ █▀█ ░█░░░█▀▀
░▀▀█ ░█▀▀█ ░█░░░█▀▀
░▀▀▀ ░▀░░▀ ░▀▀▀░▀▀▀

Aaron D.

Is Amazon doing a concurrent PC Digital sale like they did last season?

I know GMG, GoG, GG, etc. have already done theirs. (Man that's a lot of G's.)

Samyy

Got a pretty good new laptop to play some older games (ie. Civ 5)
Really looking forward to my first steam sale where i have a machine that can play some of these games :D

Terra_Ex

Looking forward to seeing some delicious pricing errors over the course of the sale. Already started idling for cards since they seem to sell far better during sales.

tradingcard
Interplanetary got cards.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would love to get The Wolf Among Us for $9.99 (it's been cheaper than that already on the Playstation store) but will probably bite at $14.99 (the price it was back in April). Of course, I'll be waiting for the dailies you bastards :p

Tizoc

[I just realized I'm the morningbus for Strider... start recommending it and I show up to straighten people out with #TRUTHFACTS. Wow, that's kind of heavy... ]

You enjoyed Aliens: Colonial Marines, your #TRUTHFACTS matter not.

I may as well make a giveaway of Strider just to spite you :V

Might I recommend Assault Android Cactus, Steam Sale prospects? (Video) It's a fantastic twin-stick shooter; sort of bullet-hell (but forgiving; challenge is in being fast to maintain combos for score), very fast-paced, and encourages risky, stylish playing, in my experience, even from people who don't usually play this style of game. A lot of fun co-op. It's in Early Access, but the modes and levels currently available are very polished, playable, and the devs (GAFfers) are super-friendly and post consistently in the game's Steam forum (I used to follow their conversations with the high-level players and it was fascinating.) They also have a thread here in GAF, which will hopefully see more activity in this sale.

Oh I've been tempted to get that game but...how is it if I want to play single player.

We need the Full Tomb Raider Collection at -90% as well!

Gimme Underworld and Guardian of Light for a Gaben each.

fantomena

Is Amazon doing a concurrent PC Digital sale like they did last season?

I know GMG, GoG, GG, etc. have already done theirs. (Man that's a lot of G's.)

GamersGate and GOG has their summer sale right now. Rumors are saying that GMG will do once more summer-look-a-like-sale and Amazon noone knows. Tony who managed to get many good sales was replaced by Josh (AmazonJosh) who, according to CAG (CheapAssGamer.com), seems to have been missing for over 10 days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait wait wait....

nobody told me plaffire rewards were retroactive O_O IMy list of achievements just got a ton of shit and I now have almost 10euros all of a sudden
if its a bug pls dont fix it k thx

derExperte

Transistor didn't even get a launch discount. 25% max.

wait wait wait....

nobody told me plaffire rewards were retroactive O_O IMy list of achievements just got a ton of shit and I now have almost 10euros all of a sudden
if its a bug pls dont fix it k thx

They are one time only when opening an account.

jshackles

fuck that, I still #believe.

If I were a betting man, I'd say you'll get either a 25% or 33% discount as a daily deal.

cHinzo

Anyone got some nice co-op games to look out for during the Summer Sale? Me and my buddy already played through Borderlands 1/2, Castle Crashers, Dead Island, Dead Island Riptide, Forced, Half-Minute Hero, Half-Life 2 Synergy, Kane & Lynch 2: Doge Days, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Payday 1/2, Portal 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Torchlight 2. ;___;

I really wish those Rainbow Six games come come out more often. Tactical co-op is the best. >_> Maybe some Metal Slug, but too bad Anthology isn't on Steam.

Tizoc

Would love to get The Wolf Among Us for $9.99 (it's been cheaper than that already on the Playstation store) but will probably bite at $14.99 (the price it was back in April). Of course, I'll be waiting for the dailies you bastards :p

Wait til Winter and you may get it for $5.

jshackles

Wait til Winter and you may get it for $5.

Probably so. But this is one of those rare occasions where I'm actually waiting on a sale so I can play the game.

Aaron D.

GamersGate and GOG has their summer sale right now. Rumors are saying that GMG will do once more summer-look-a-like-sale and Amazon noone knows. Tony who managed to get many good sales was replaced by Josh (AmazonJosh) who, according to CAG (CheapAssGamer.com), seems to have been missing for over 10 days.

Cool. Thanks for the update.

I've found over the past couple Season Sales that Amazon usually had better prices than Steam. The only snag was you had to pour over that CAG Excel spreadsheet with like 2,000 entries on it.

Nabs

Goat Sim patch notes:

• Fixed hitbox on flappy goat
  • Fixed some borked achievements like "GoatBuilt" etc.
  • Worked on super secret things
  • Fixed some borked quests.
  • Shrek is love
  • Shrek is life
  • Assorted bugfixes
  • Made hitbox on flappy goat worse again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom