• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Monster game was cool in terms of what the art team did with all those monster designs. The terminator, thriller, back to the future, pirates of the carribean, star wars, etc. designs. But as a game it was totally lame. I miss that game from a few years back where you have to complete objectives from random games. I guess SAM ruined that. As usual abusers ruin everything.

The clicked in quotations makes me wonder if it was at all possible to get the final badge without cheating somehow. I played and let that thing pretty much every day and the highest I got was 10 mil.

Sch1sm

Monster game was cool in terms of what the art team did with all those monster designs. The terminator, thriller, back to the future, pirates of the carribean, star wars, etc. designs. But as a game it was totally lame. I miss that game from a few years back where you have to complete objectives from random games. I guess SAM ruined that. As usual abusers ruin everything.

The clicked in quotations makes me wonder if it was at all possible to get the final badge without cheating somehow. I played and let that thing pretty much every day and the highest I got was 10 mil.

Even the highest you got was probably because of people using scripts in a bad room. The most I got in the first few days, just letting it go, was >300k.

zkylon

zkylewd
Xczb.png

/salute Monster Summer Game 2015

i feel like fun should've been in quotation marks too :p

Arthea

Just checked Trails numbers on steam spy, I wish I didn't... it literally sold almost nothing. If this trend will continue, I must admit that my dream to get all The Legend of Heroes series on steam will remain just a dream.

Also couldn't resist and bought Oblivious Garden on the last day, so many games I wanna play right away!

edited: almost forgot, bye bye sale

wilflare

:O I wish Steam will allow us more options with Wishlists...
like more sorting options... different types/kinds of wishlists, etc

zkylon

zkylewd
Just checked Trails numbers on steam spy, I wish I didn't... it literally sold almost nothing. If this trend will continue, I must admit that my dream to get all The Legend of Heroes series on steam will remain just a dream.

Also couldn't resist and bought Oblivious Garden on the last day, so many games I wanna play right away!

edited: almost forgot, bye bye sale

not good at reading that site but looks like it sold a good 25k copies in the sale?

that's not bad, it's a niche game and clearly it did well enough for them to want to port the sequel over

But Radical is long dead and buried!

Wait, "DEAD" dead, or making shovelware/mobas/old employee exodus "dead".

You mean I'm never getting a true Hulk Ultimate Destruction sequel....

hulk-sad.jpg

inb4 Prototype was the sequel. It was great, just wasn't the same.

Arthea

not good at reading that site but looks like it sold a good 25k copies in the sale?

that's not bad, it's a niche game and clearly it did well enough for them to want to port the sequel over

It had 100K owners before sale, it now has 118K. 20K is allowed variation on steamspy. It maybe sold 14K during major steam sale being a flash deal, if that's not atrocious, what is?

It's not a niche game, Crystal Story is a niche game. Also they planned to release sequel together with the first chapter from the start, those sales are not going to blow Falcom away, and if we want all series on steam, that was only way to get them interested in steam. Xseed can do just so much, we even don't have TC announced on PC to this day, just reminding.

Knurek

It had 100K owners before sale, it now has 118K. 20K is allowed variation on steamspy. It maybe sold 14K during major steam sale being a flash deal, if that's not atrocious, what is?

It's not a niche game, Crystal Story is a niche game. Also they planned to release sequel together with the first chapter from the start, those sales are not going to blow Falcom away, and if we want all series on steam, that was only way to get them interested in steam. Xseed can do just so much, we even don't have TC announced on PC to this day, just reminding.

Arthea, don't you know? Falcom, and by extension Xseed, are only interested in consoles.
That's why PS3, not PC, is getting Trails of Cold Steel. We, PC users, just bankrolled that.
(
Also, we're not getting SC/TC, like ever. They've just been using 'extensive debugging' as an excuse to quietly drop the project and concentrate on consoles again
)

didamangi

They updated the minimum system requirements for Batman Arkham Knight.

The minimum specs for Batman: Arkham Knight for PC have been adjusted and are listed below.

We also want to note that there are some known issues with the performance of Batman: Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD graphics cards. We are working closely with AMD to rectify these issues as quickly as possible and will provide updates here as they become available. We thank you for your patience in this matter.

MINIMUM:
OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection required
Hard Drive: 45 GB available space

Decade-old JRPGs are the very definition of niche, Arthea. And as to its sales, whatever momentum the series had on PC died when SC turned into an oft-whispered dream. A one-two punch of releasing FC and then SC some months later would've done a lot to cement the series' name on PC, I think, but as of right now it's firmly in niche territory.

Remember (unless I'm not remembering right!), SC is the one everyone was waiting for from the beginning; The Next Big Game From Carpe Fulgur, with FC just coming out of nowhere and, IIRC, not being translated by Carpe Fulgur at all. Recettear's meteoric success (and its wonderful translation) is the biggest reason why there was so much interest in the SC to begin with.

They updated the minimum system requirements for Batman Arkham Knight.

Those are some real eleventh-hour AMD woes to have, Rocksteady. But I guess some warning is better than no warning at all.

baterism

Uh, wasn't Falcom boss once said that even the sales of their titles on Steam alone can sustain the development?
100k+ for TiTS and most of it come from less than 50% off sales, isn't that bad.

Akiba is stuck on 15k....

Arthea

Arthea, don't you know? Falcom, and by extension Xseed, are only interested in consoles.
That's why PS3, not PC, is getting Trails of Cold Steel. We, PC users, just bankrolled that.
(
Also, we're not getting SC/TC, like ever. They've just been using 'extensive debugging' as an excuse to quietly drop the project and concentrate on consoles again
)

don't do this to me... they will release at least SC and then of course they'll forget we ever existed.
life sucks

Shantom

Uh, wasn't Falcom boss once said that even the sales of their titles on Steam alone can sustain the development?
100k+ for TiTS and most of it come from less than 50% off sales, isn't that bad.

Akiba is stuck on 15k....

Falcom are pretty small. Before Trails blew up in popularity most of their stuff in Japan did sub-50K and they were fine. What do you mean by less than 50% off sales? Trails has never had a discount on any site for more than 50% off.

Akiba isn't Falcom.

Find a new clicker game.

Maybe play the games we bought.

Adventure Capitalist just upped its level count.

Play through those if you haven't already or go bask in the caterwauling on the Steam forums about how close everyone was to getting last achievement.

(
)

Not sure if you're serious but we don't really need this system wars crap in here.
Cold Steel is on PS3 (and Vita) because no PC version exists and Falcom has no one to make one.

If you like the series just buy the games on they system they are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom