• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I really loved how the abilities you get later on really change the way of traversal throughout the world instead of just being "doublejump here, another new weapon there" you see in most Metroidvania games.
Yeah. Bash is particularly awesome. (And also the reason why I don't get how some reviews docked the game for lack of novelty. Bash alone is a more novel mechanic than what most Metroidvanias introduce)

Anteater

the time has come

wwad2rlhiusj.gif

Lunaniem

Got my Batman keys from Nuuvem (no email but I checked them on the site).

It's weird, there's 2 keys, one gives me the game with Pre-order and the other one says it's a product already owned... Did they send two keys by accident?

Same, I wonder if they screwed up and sent 2 full game keys.

$79.99 for the new Rainbow Six, Battlefront, and Mirror's Edge.

they have got to be out of their mind! if that becomes the norm ...i'll have plenty of time to play through my Steam sales backlog.

What?! Are they out of their mind? Ah well it's not like I was gonna buy them without them being in steam sales anyway, in the mean time I'm gonna clear my backlog.

wilflare

I just gave Far Cry 3 a try...
not feeling it at all :/

maybe coming from Ryse... it just feels a little underwhelming in terms of graphics

zkylon

zkylewd
I honestly don't know, sometimes I think that me wanting series to succeed is some kind of curse, the same happened with Suikoden, well Konami is to blame for that one, at least I think so, but still.
It almost happened to tri-Ace, still can happen, not to mention BoF, WA and others. Or tetris!
OTOH Civ for example is doing fine, IDK, maybe life is just unfair?
life is unfair for sure, and mismanagement and greed are big things that plague the game industry that conspire directly against good games

I guess I was the only one that got excited about SC because of Carpe Fulgur's involvement. Hrm.
Recettear was really good, you guys.
it was

still can't decide if i like chantelise or recettear better

This whole idea that Trails didn't do well is incredibly silly. It's a JRPG from 2004 that was released in 2014 and sold ~120k copies so far, before bundling or deep discounts.

That's a success by any metric.
yup, i think expecting more than that amount is pretty unrealistic

say, eternity was incredibly successful and that was "only" 400k, and that's counting kickstarter backers, and it's a new game

tits probably had really small production costs because it was on pc already and the translation was already done, so probably just hi-res icons, testing and stuff, but no huge asset making costs

i dunno, i always thought tits was pretty successful, surprised ppl seem to think otherwise

Dsyndrome

Well activating the game for Arkham Knight comes up as Arkham Knight preorder, so I would assume that has Harley Quinn in it, and the second is a redundant key.

JustLynx

Yeah it's probably just the pre-order content but I'm kinda tempted to give it to a friend to see. If only we could see what a key is without redeeming it.

usually if u already own the game, it first says you own it when you activate the key, and then lets you install it (pre-load in this case)
if it's a DLC, it just says you own it and then closes
so I think it's probably the pre-order content

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I hope that's a joke. PC is the main platform for SC, I'm surprised they're even bothering releasing the PSP version at this point. If they ever get around to the games between SC and Cold Steel, PC is going to be the only viable option. Hell, their recent blog post even specifically mentions the PC versions that exist of Zero and Ao, so it seems like a very real possibility at this point.

It all depends on how SC and Cold Steel perform, obviously, but I'm not sure where all that pessimism is coming from, tbh. If anything, it seems like a pretty good time to be a Trails fan to me.

I think a lot of the frustration stems from the fractured treatment PC is getting, due to the way Falcom dropped PC development out of necessity a while back. There are a good many games that people would like on PC, but can't get because Falcom doesn't have anyone to make a native PC version anymore and XSEED doesn't have the staff to do so either. This is why they're rushing to push Cold Steel, as it only exists on systems that are very much on their way completely out the door. XSEED is taking a risk with it, which will unfortunately put some other projects on the backburner.

PC isn't going anywhere for a long time, so they can afford to set us aside while they get projects done for systems that won't be around much longer. This is, however, very much to the ire of PC-centric gamers, as this means we'll be in wait that much longer for new titles on our ecosystem. We've blown through a lot of Ys games, TiTS, and Akiba's Trip. There's still Corpse Party and TiTS SC to come, but after that, it's probably gonna be a while. And for someone who is just now getting into the series, I'm kinda bummed by that. I can imagine longtime fans are feeling much less pleased.

But what can XSEED really do? They've made the west's demands for PC versions and for TiTS TC known, the rest is out of their hands.

Amzin

Dang thought it was getting released early with all the commotion. Could use something to start today. Don't really wanna dive into another new game with it hitting so soon :p

I think a lot of the frustration stems from the fractured treatment PC is getting, due to the way Falcom dropped PC development out of necessity a while back. There are a good many games that people would like on PC, but can't get because Falcom doesn't have anyone to make a native PC version anymore and XSEED doesn't have the staff to do so either. This is why they're rushing to push Cold Steel, as it only exists on systems that are very much on their way completely out the door. XSEED is taking a risk with it, which will unfortunately put some other projects on the backburner.

PC isn't going anywhere for a long time, so they can afford to set us aside while they get projects done for systems that won't be around much longer. This is, however, very much to the ire of PC-centric gamers, as this means we'll be in wait that much longer for new titles on our ecosystem. We've blown through a lot of Ys games, TiTS, and Akiba's Trip. There's still Corpse Party and TiTS SC to come, but after that, it's probably gonna be a while. And for someone who is just now getting into the series, I'm kinda bummed by that. I can imagine longtime fans are feeling much less pleased.

But what can XSEED really do? They've made the west's demands for PC versions and for TiTS TC known, the rest is out of their hands.

Don't forget the Xanadu Next leak!

wilflare

for those of you using DS4Windows/Input Manager,
how are you setting your buttons - e.g. what is your Share Button?
I made it my Screenshot button (F12)

but something feels off since the Xbox 360 has a Back button :/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Don't forget the Xanadu Next leak!

I did forget about that! I guess I've shut it out since I want to see Tokyo Xanadu on PC, which is likely not going to happen for another 10 years at the standard rate these ports have been going~

Tom post in this forum.
Durante posts in this forum.
I'm sure a deal could be made that'd benefit both parties and all of us.

Durante is our savior, but I don't know if he'd be capable of making entirely native ports yet. He still has to complete the blood magick ritual, first!

Tom has commented that XSEED has informed them of exactly what we're looking for, so the rest is in Falcom's hands. I think that is why Arthea is so worried about sales - the higher the sales, the more tempting it is to get the JP side to invest in building native PC versions again, which would indeed directly benefit us Steam users in the long run. It's just also a bit unrealistic to expect super huge sales numbers for such ancient titles.

Nabs

for those of you using DS4Windows/Input Manager,
how are you setting your buttons - e.g. what is your Share Button?
I made it my Screenshot button (F12)

but something feels off since the Xbox 360 has a Back button :/

Don't forget that you have a touchpad to remap. I'll usually set the Back button to the left pad when I'm playing a game that uses it a lot.

PC + Vita
:B1:

Hyped for Ys VIII and Cold Steel.

Did Nidhogg get cards?
Yes.

Xanathus

Been playing Alien Isolation on Hard, fuck this cheating alien that automatically goes to where I am even when I don't make any sounds, not even a door.

Hektor

Wasnt Superhot supposed to release this month? What happened to that?

In Europe. The rest of the world has to wait a further five hours for some reason, but that's why God invented VPNs (true story).

Oh right, i always forget this nonsense of different release times.

Xanathus

Sometimes it'll pop out for no reason. Probably getting cramped in there or something.

I'm fairly sure that it's programmed to automatically go to your general location at an interval. It doesn't help that the alien isn't blind at all on Hard difficulty.

Amzin

In Europe. The rest of the world has to wait a further five hours for some reason, but that's why God invented VPNs (true story).

You just have to log in to Steam with a VPN running for the other region? Or just have the VPN running then start the game even?

Region time restrictions are dumb indeed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom