• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

how much can we configure the Touchpad?
enough to do Tap or Click (or only Click)?

Clicks, Swipes, and Touch (for the shift modifier). You can set different hotkeys to Up/Down/Left/Right swipes if you're not using the mouse emulation. It works really well in games like The Witcher 3. I think Input Mapper has options for taps.

wilflare

Clicks, Swipes, and Touch (for the shift modifier). You can set different hotkeys to Up/Down/Left/Right swipes if you're not using the mouse emulation. It works really well in games like The Witcher 3. I think Input Mapper has options for taps.

awesome! I'll probably look more into it.
if only I can get a 1-1 setup like the DS4 :/

---
what's your default setup for most games?

--
nVidia users, under Global Settings,
do you guys turn
MFAA to ON
Adaptive Vsync to ON?

-Deimos

I'm fairly sure that it's programmed to automatically go to your general location at an interval. It doesn't help that the alien isn't blind at all on Hard difficulty.

Oh yeah, that too for sure. It'll follow you around in the vents no matter how quiet you are.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So umm... Nuveem gave me two of those Arkham Knight keys.

I'd guess one is for the standard edition and the other for the pre-order DLC, but the latter key is unnecessary on the count of the former sub being updated to include said DLC.

C4rter

Forgot to sell my remaining trading cards. So I'm unable to sell them or trade the duplicates for other ones now? I only can crush them to Gems?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You just have to log in to Steam with a VPN running for the other region? Or just have the VPN running then start the game even?

Region time restrictions are dumb indeed :p

Both, but you can get around the latter by switching to Offline Mode after the game has unlocked.

FLD

I think a lot of the frustration stems from the fractured treatment PC is getting, due to the way Falcom dropped PC development out of necessity a while back. There are a good many games that people would like on PC, but can't get because Falcom doesn't have anyone to make a native PC version anymore and XSEED doesn't have the staff to do so either. This is why they're rushing to push Cold Steel, as it only exists on systems that are very much on their way completely out the door. XSEED is taking a risk with it, which will unfortunately put some other projects on the backburner.

PC isn't going anywhere for a long time, so they can afford to set us aside while they get projects done for systems that won't be around much longer. This is, however, very much to the ire of PC-centric gamers, as this means we'll be in wait that much longer for new titles on our ecosystem. We've blown through a lot of Ys games, TiTS, and Akiba's Trip. There's still Corpse Party and TiTS SC to come, but after that, it's probably gonna be a while. And for someone who is just now getting into the series, I'm kinda bummed by that. I can imagine longtime fans are feeling much less pleased.

But what can XSEED really do? They've made the west's demands for PC versions and for TiTS TC known, the rest is out of their hands.

Yeah, I get that but it just seems kind of premature for PC-only fans to be getting impatient. It's only been about a year since FC came out on Steam, doesn't seem that long to me. I can't even imagine how fans that played the PSP release back in 2011 must feel by now.

As for Falcom's current console focus, that's definitely unfortunate but it made sense at the time for them to switch, so I can't really say I blame them. The recent success of their games on Steam makes me optimistic that they might make an effort to allocate some resources to PC in the future. That being said, I'm coming at this from the point of view of a PC+Vita owner. So while I'd absolutely love to have the entire series on Steam, the platform jump doesn't affect me as much as PC-only people. That probably helps make the whole thing significantly less frustrating, I guess.

Falcom have already said that they're happy with their sales on Steam, so I dunno, maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I can see a best case scenario where Cold Steel performs well enough that XSEED gets around to doing 3rd, Zero and Ao for Steam. Plus, there's also how Falcom's games tend to still get ported to PC solely for the Chinese market, so I think a PC port of Cold Steel at some point down the line isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Backlogger

Forgot to sell my remaining trading cards. So I'm unable to sell them or trade the duplicates for other ones now? I only can crush them to Gems?

I can't even make mine into gems. The confirmation window opens but has no text in it and when I click OK nothing happens.

MUnited83

For you.
I did forget about that! I guess I've shut it out since I want to see Tokyo Xanadu on PC, which is likely not going to happen for another 10 years at the standard rate these ports have been going~

Durante is our savior, but I don't know if he'd be capable of making entirely native ports yet. He still has to complete the blood magick ritual, first!

Tom has commented that XSEED has informed them of exactly what we're looking for, so the rest is in Falcom's hands. I think that is why Arthea is so worried about sales - the higher the sales, the more tempting it is to get the JP side to invest in building native PC versions again, which would indeed directly benefit us Steam users in the long run. It's just also a bit unrealistic to expect super huge sales numbers for such ancient titles.
Well, Durante outright said that he would port the Atelier series to PC himself if they gave him the necessary tools for it :p

Anteater

I could have bought Ori. Decided not to. Will wait for 75% off.

#FuckThe
GAF
Police.

i think all of you are making terrible choices but whatever
19E28FE5D925D071E57423F9D48D9D858FBD2055
F623EBCEA0DC78631AD70F5E083C90A4A39C576A

AA1E6373CCCE89D85731E7B02FAFBF91F26DE414
2D28D7C2AF2846046F0E1C21BED6820C34ACFC15

Nabs

awesome! I'll probably look more into it.
if only I can get a 1-1 setup like the DS4 :/

---
what's your default setup for most games?

default is just the regular 360 setup but with screenshot and push to talk on the touchpad. I only configure special profiles for longer games that I plan on completing.

I see you're playing Distance. If you want to try something neat, go and create a new DS4 profile called Distance. The lightbar will react to the rumble in the game (and any game as long as you use that profile). You can increase the rumble intensity in the in-game control options.

Eila

Really cool that Alienware are giving away those keys. They were handing them out like candy in one of their streams.
Volvo complete pack giveaway when?

Really cool that Alienware are giving away those keys. They were handing them out like candy in one of their streams.
Volvo complete pack giveaway when?

I'd imagine that would be more like an Alienware Arena Raffle that they do than just handing out a few thousand free keys

I won DOA5 that way a few weeks ago

wilflare

default is just the regular 360 setup but with screenshot and push to talk on the touchpad. I only configure special profiles for longer games that I plan on completing.

I see you're playing Distance. If you want to try something neat, go and create a new DS4 profile called Distance. The lightbar will react to the rumble in the game (and any game as long as you use that profile). You can increase the rumble intensity in the in-game control options.

:O the changing lightbar is super cool!

-- Distance
I'm trying to get a fix 60fps with my 970GTX... but I'm getting dips to high 40s to 50s sometimes.
everything is set to max/ultra/serious :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
dis what they played on twitch last week? Lots of setting things on fire.
Well, more like randomly spray fire at things, and then they act/look completely unbothered/unharmed until they suddenly fall over dead. Seemed reeaaaally basic in that way. Also nothing but raptor-type dinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom