• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend saw the 100m Monster Game badge and hadn't been familiar with the script teams and everything. Responded with

c8Gr9Qq.jpg

BruteUA

Did anyone get their Primal Carnage key yet? It's been quite a while. Usually it's instantaneous.

I haven't, I hope I got in. I thought about grabbing it during the sale but was turned off by the roleplayer infestation. It's worth the risk for free.

Amzin

I'll get the git gud replies but why does ori go from 0 to 100 difficulty in a flash with that damn water tree area.

There's a few times in the game where you're going along and then suddenly you realize you clearly are not as good as you thought you were. That is the first and harshest time :p

Actually it's not even that bad if you don't try to get the extra XP stuff but... who does that?

Just look for the bash chances and use them every chance you get, way faster than other options.

So shadow warrior 2 or Doom(2016) which do you think will be the best "classic" shooter next year?

Shadow Warrior was really good and Shadow Warrior 2 seems to be a great sequel from the demo video.

Doom looked interesting but at the same time felt "strange"

I'd go with Shadow Warrior 2, more Wang is always good.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Want to add that I'll buy shadow warrior 2 day one but I'm kinda on the fence with doom.

weapon wheel,piss filter and too many animations instead of just gameplay when killing and finishing off enemies makes me kinda put off.

MUnited83

For you.
Want to add that I'll buy shadow warrior 2 day one but I'm kinda on the fence with doom.

weapon wheel,piss filter and too many animations instead of just gameplay when killing and finishing off enemies makes me kinda put off.
Single player doom looks terrible. The multiplayer seems awesome though.

Turfster

So shadow warrior 2 or Doom(2016) which do you think will be the best "classic" shooter next year?

SW2 by default even though I wasn't a fan of the first remake.
Düüm looks like so much console garbage with stupid "awesome" multi-second animations for kills on the 3 enemies per zone a controller shooter can handle.

zkylon

zkylewd

doom didn't look too exciting at e3 but shadow warrior 1 bored me pretty quick so it's a hard call, if one has interesting level design then that will be the winner for me

that's kind of a misleading quote :p

your steam id is used as a seed to randomize your character's appearance, which you don't have an input on. height, skin tone, eye color, facial features and penis size are all randomized, that's kind of the idea

it doesn't mean that the higher level you are the bigger your rust dick is

also rust dick is probably a great name for a band

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ride the Bullet -- MB-DBBF620063395265 - Taken by Soi-Fong. 2 entrants total.

t1435005984z1.png

Phawx

Isn't scripts in games cheats?

The Steam summer game wasn't VAC protected, was it?

xposting from the indie thread. Game comes out tomorrow on Steam:

My Quick Look of Unveil is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xWjKZ2F9w

ss_935fec219c2271f0f5df26ffcbcaa49763892364.600x338.jpg

Quick Impressions: Unveil looks and feels like a pretty decent RPG Maker game initially but very quickly becomes something that feels not like an RPG Maker game. In fact only the movement feels like RPG maker, everything else feels uniquely done.

First the menu/crafting system is very well done and only takes around a minute to fully understand how it operates and what possibilities are afforded from base elements.
You're also given contextual information about your surroundings as well as the direct type of material you are currently standing on (which can have it's own compromises) Sand isn't good for growing plants and requires more energy to walk through.

The UI is minimalist and has an alert system which can notify you of things that should cause concern. The temperature will wobble when it's getting too cold. Your energy will oscillate depending on exertion.

The first "tutorial" is more an indication of the brutal trial that await you. Essentially the "tutorial" doesn't tell you what you need to do, instead it robs you of ways to survive making you try new things to try and advance. Let me give you a brief summary of my quick look.

When I first set out, I died of thirst almost immediately. On my second round, I managed to quickly make it to water and drink up. I believe I actually could have succeeded on my first trip, but I didn't know that you had to climb the ledge to get to the town.

On my third round, I managed to survive the night. On my fourth round I survived the night and the following day but then the water pool dried up completely, so I followed the dried up water basin to see if it would leave to a hidden passage. It only lead to fruit that would hydrate me a bit. So, essentially just increased the time between my death sentence.

At first I didn't like the "tutorial" because I felt it was being purposely obtuse, but then I remembered that one Simpsons episode when the Simpsons go to Japan and the Japanese game show host says, "In America, you reward intelligence. In Japan, we punish ignorance."

This game is kind of like a Japanese game show.​

dex3108

I'd prefer it being available on PC instead. Prices come down in time. Although some of the answers in the interview are... heh.

Still can't manage to get a key from that giveaway. All I'm receiving is an error message after clicking GET. Damn you Alienware!

AAA Activision games don't go cheap even if they are old 10+ years. CoD2 is still 10$ on sale.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Challenge of the Five Realms -- MB-66F17AC7AEC73A6E - Taken by Eila
F-19 Stealth Fighter -- MB-3532CF99A29153D7 - Taken by madjoki
Fleet Defender: The F-14 Tomcat Simulation -- MB-C004EF68F180E3A9 - Taken by Soi-Fong

Lain

i'm not sure if molyneuxing developers is a good idea for games journalism overall but that's a pretty entertaining passive aggressive interview haha

With answers like these

Eurogamer: So it may seem like a small thing but you're adding exclusive content to the game - three new dance emotes - that players can't get unless they rebuy the main game and the two existing DLCs. Is that right?

Luke Smith: There is no way right now for you to get the new dance emotes without doing that. Those are Collector's Edition exclusive. We've set some stuff aside for that edition specifically to really make it appeal to fans who have engaged with the game already and also to people that will enter the game this autumn.

Eurogamer: Can you see that some fans are confused that you're asking them to buy stuff they already own?

Luke Smith: Yeah, I can totally empathise with those people. But the Collector's Edition is a pretty cool package for people who want to pursue that stuff. Otherwise, surely what you're saying is that you would want to buy them separately, right?

Eurogamer: Well, yeah. I would rather do that - pay a few pounds or dollars or whatever - than spend money on things I already own.

Luke Smith: [Laughs] Well, we have nothing more to talk about regarding your opportunity to spend extra money in Destiny, other than The Taken King and the three versions we've announced.

I'd say go even more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom