• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlacs

just watched the first season of Korra. is it a good time to start playing the game or will there be references from later seasons i wont be able to appreciate yet?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I had noticed that Geforce experience prompted me that it had downloaded optimization information, so I clicked on it, and this is what I saw... Ain't this the truth:

nmrzEa5.jpg

just watched the first season of Korra. is it a good time to start playing the game or will there be references from later seasons i wont be able to appreciate yet?

I think the plot of the game occurs between the second and third seasons, so you should watch season two to be safe.

Tizoc

IIRC the game takes place after Season 2.

So watch up til Season 3 at least then play the game =3

Uzzy

The game takes place after Season 2. So force your way through that and then play the game. Then watch Season 3 and 4 and enjoy Korra's best.

Dsyndrome

Why's there a discrepancy between the Steamdb User Review Score vs the one on the Steam Client (29% vs 31%)? Wanted to know if we could have the Negative parade for Arkham Knight yet.

The sacred mushroom of Phungoria has been stolen, Grandpa Goodmate is going to be executed and things ain't looking too good. Now it's up to YOU... catch the thief, recover the mushroom and save Grandpa... all by the end of the week. So hurry Gilbert, time is running out... Oh, and do try to keep your hands off the Princess!

Over 40 hours of adventurous gameplay
Detailed story with more than 15,000 lines of dialogue

Brought to life with over 6,000 frames of animation
Interact with more than 50 interesting characters
Classic 2D style with beautiful hand-drawn locations
Excellent musical score
Chock-full of fun logical puzzles
Dialogue read by professional actors

Chock-full of fun logical puzzles

I'll believe that when I see it.

The game takes place after Season 2. So force your way through that and then play the game. Then watch Season 3 and 4 and enjoy Korra's best.

season 2 is the best season just because of Wan, Wan is number 1, saved season 2 by himself and made it the best season. all hail papa Wan.

tumblr_mv9l5bpxHt1r0bsjlo2_r1_500.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speed gaming between Walking Dead episodes so I dont curl into fetal position and cry myself to sleep from the awful shit that happens in that game

header.jpg

Trace Vector - neat looking simple game where you control the path of your tiny spaceship collecting fuel cells to get to the end of each level. Awesome soundtrack, funky vector-based art style, quite hard. Seems cool

header.jpg

Ride the Bullet - A game where you control a bullet to hit as many targets as you can on each level. Big fat nope, looks awful, gameplay (what little there is) feels slow as shit and the whole iea just doesnt carry as a game.

header.jpg

Kill Fun Yeah - Whats this videogame, I need to create an account to play? Lets try offline mode...doesnt work. oh its a multiplayer only thing? and its completely dead? Well ok then, goodbye.

header.jpg

Jet Gunner - Really liked this, basically a NES-era looking 2d sidescrolling shooter, much like your Contras and whatnot. Lots of weapons, cool look (very era-authentic), cool music. Aproved.

header.jpg

An Imp? A Friend! - a "open world" 2d platformer thatm wgile the controls are actually quite tight, has very little going for it. Bland levels, bland enemies, not the best use of pixel art, and a open world game with no map at all and where most rooms look the same...yeah thats a good idea. Im sure ill remember that door that needed a red key when it looks the same as all the other doors. Not worth it.

header.jpg

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - what a strange and intriguing game. Basically a dual stick shooter...rpg, with TONS of dialogue between levels (and in levels), the controls are super bizarre until you get used to them, the story seems really well written, the look of it is really striking, I didnt even get to the upgrade system which aparently is very intricate. Potencionally great, I need to get more into it. It sure has me interested tho. The 4-pack is actually 75% off atm.

header.jpg

Love - Dont let the super simplistic graphics scare you, this is a great little 2d platformer, the true speed gaming game because you can finish it in like 15mins or less, depending on how good you are. Its been bundled a million times so if you like platformers at all just go play it and get it out of your backlog, its great.

header.jpg

A Story About My Uncle - Awesome first person platform game with great graphics and tight gameplay. Grappling hooks, always fun. Pretty much just confirmed what everyone already said about it, seems great (I hear it gets frustratingly bad near the end which is a shame)

aqshhwmjkuauyjo030lc.gif

So Arkham Knight and DMC4SE are fun enough, not to mention all the stuff I picked up in the Steam Sale...

... but there's this nagging voice in my head going "Why aren't you just playing the Witcher 3 right now? You're nowhere near done with it, and it's freaking fantastic. Why aren't you just playing that?"

Good question, voice. Good question.

There's games other than Witcher 3?

AHA-Lambda

Well just started AK just to see how performance is off the bat, but seems ok on my end, not got time to extensively test tonight so very preliminary impression =/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you end up getting one of those 75% off Borderland: The Presequel codes, Rhaknar? I just bought the BTA.

no I did not, but I heard those humble coupons are tied to your account anyway

Shadownet

Banned
So I was googling to see if there was if the people from WB said anything about this whole Arkham Knight PC port, beside their little PR message (which didn't even include an apology, showed how much they cared). Clicked on a Polygon article.

OH MY GOD...

I feel like it won't be that many. Most people will sit on it until it's patched up, angry as they may be.

Yeah. I will do that.

And I cant refund it since it was a Nvidia code :(

But why sit on it when you can wait for cheaper and get money back?

I think it might be fixed in 1-2 weeks. I dont even know why I bought it with my backlog, but I mean I can wait a bit before I play it.

I finally got to try out the games I got on sale. Playing Nidhogg, and... I'm having these issues where I Attack/Jump but I reset to the neutral position. I was playing with a friend when it happened. Got out and went back in, but the issues were still there. :c

So I was googling to see if there was if the people from WB said anything about this whole Arkham Knight PC port, beside their little PR message (which didn't even include an apology, showed how much they cared). Clicked on a Polygon article.

OH MY GOD...

Nice, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom