• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like in the WB statement yesterday about settings, they don't include an AMD card for Recommended or Ultra hardware specs.

Minimum Hardware Specs:
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
DirectX: Version 11

Recommended Hardware Specs:
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended
DirectX: Version 11

Ultra System Hardware Requirements:
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Graphics Memory: 4 GB

Guess I'm fucked.

Dino Crisis 3 is still the only game in the series I've played :3

The silver effects are pretty neat.

I have 1 and 2 on my Vita, I will play them one day.

Isn't UE3 primarily DX9 based though?

It has been updated the last years to support DX11 and and to support forward rendering (not used here in AK though because of the need of many lights). I hope UE4, with the support of DX12 in the next month, it will support SLI and also forward rendering so we can get volumetric lights for flashlights in horror games (that don't need this amount of lightsources)..

The only Dino Crisis I've played is the first game, and that's only because I bought it for the Resident Evil 3 demo that came with it at first. I ended up enjoying the game, but never got around to playing the second or third games.

Totally off topic, but after a few years I'm back into composing, have been working on this for a couple hours.

Dawn .1

It's still super early and I need to fix a few issues, but the main idea is there.

Any comments and opinions will be appreciated.

Jawmuncher

Definitely something worth fixing, since you own the others.

The only Dino Crisis I've played is the first game, and that's only because I bought it for the Resident Evil 3 demo that came with it at first. I ended up enjoying the game, but never got around to playing the second or third games.

More than a few people did this. Seemed to work in DCs favor.

Totally off topic, but after a few years I'm back into composing, have been working on this for a couple hours.

Dawn .1

It's still super early and I need to fix a few issues, but the main idea is there.

Can't access to the file through iPhone

Aww, I'm bummed that everyone seems to hate ready player one when i was planning on reading it soon. I don't have a lot lined up to read that isn't part of a series. Oh well, maybe I'll start The Belgariad or Conquerors Pride.

Salsa

Would you please expand on this?

I've a friend that swear on it being the super coolest mofo book ever. I don't really trust him (even less as a gamer), but still, his enthusiasm was really something.

sorry I didnt catch this

it's basically pop culture reference - the book

couldnt help but cringe every 2 pages

if you're one of those guys that loves chris hardwick and goes all HEHEH IMMA GEEK!! then I guess it's fine

edit: oh fuck it's Life is Strange: the book

Sch1sm

Dawn .1

Feels sombre to start, interesting contrast going on there once you introduce the other "instrument" 18s in. I liked it, though.

Heys guys, I'm bored at work and wanted to know if someone here could recommend me a gaming podcast.

Thanks in advance.

Idle Thumbs and Player One are my go to podcasts for gaming.

Shadownet

Banned
It means if you activate the GameWorks , thinking you will get better looking game with extra effects, well, you will get a very lesser looking game in general, missing all DX11 effects, like tesselation etc.

I believe DX10 is poorly supported in modern drivers compared to DX 9 and DX11. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. DX10 ended up being this weird half step.
So DX10 = bad and in this case somehow GameWorks make the game looks worst than normal because of DX10

Sendou

Going from The Witcher 3 to The Witcher 1. What should I expect? Something specific I should be expecting to work differently (besides everything)?

BTW TW3 is the real deal. Really had a splendid time with it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So my girlfriend and I share access to the PC, which often leads to strange commendations on Amazon. But I am a bit scared after this:

8350a6d2ca.jpg

Is... Is this a sim game

Going from The Witcher 3 to The Witcher 1. What should I expect? Something specific I should be expecting to work differently (besides everything)?

BTW TW3 is the real deal. Really had a splendid time with it.

It will be a bit jarring.

I never really got into TW1 when I played it before the other two...I imagine now it would be pretty rough to go through.

L.O.R.D

hahaha

Batman AK is banned in saudi arabia ( the first batman game that getting a ban )
because some women in the game wearing short skirt
soon , tomb raider is banned
FIFA 16 is banned because you can play as female tis time

WTF IS THIS ? WHY I WAS BORN IN THIS COUNTRY ?

Wow. I remember playing the demo of this game years ago.

Checking now, looks like it was 2008. Well, I guess better late than never. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the game was just okay. It's nothing special in terms of the match-3, and later games have done it better. YOU know which ones.

Copons

sorry I didnt catch this

it's basically pop culture reference - the book

couldnt help but cringe every 2 pages

if you're one of those guys that loves chris hardwick and goes all HEHEH IMMA GEEK!! then I guess it's fine

edit: oh fuck it's Life is Strange: the book

Ah, thanks, I don't think there could have been a review more apt to scare me the hell away from that book.

So DX10 = bad and in this case somehow GameWorks make the game looks worst than normal because of DX10

Well, I just copy pasted the link for the article, I didn't test myself, somoene said it was debunked and that doesn't revert back to DX10 and I hope what he said is true, otehrwise, you have to turn-off GameWorks if you want to play a decent current-gen game (though still missing Modern Graphical Effects (AO, Bokeh DOF & Rain Textures).

Well, I just copy pasted the link for the article, I didn't test myself, somoene said it was debunked and that doesn't revert back to DX10 and I hope what he said is true, otehrwise, you have to turn-off GameWorks if you want to play a decent current-gen game (though still missing Modern Graphical Effects (AO, Bokeh DOF & Rain Textures).

The only person who said it wasn't true was Total Biscuit.

Sal Ami

Banned
hahaha

Batman AK is banned in saudi arabia ( the first batman game that getting a ban )
because some women in the game wearing short skirt
soon , tomb raider is banned
FIFA 16 is banned because you can play as female tis time

WTF IS THIS ? WHY I WAS BORN IN THIS COUNTRY ?
At least you got your wormhole badge.

yuraya

Wait there is more. If you want special new content you need to buy new Collectors edition again no matter if you own game and previous DLCs.

I'm getting a real sense that Activision is doing whatever it takes to get its half billion dollar investment in Destiny as soon as possible and in as many ways as possible. And given that they've been incredibly reluctant to give out hard figures on how many units Destiny has moved I think it's safe to say that it's underperformed by their expectations. This Red Bull deal along with the $40 price point for the next expansion seems to be a reaction to that.

I am kind of intrigued to see how far they go with this stuff. They seem to not care at this point. This year is Red Bull. Next year they'll hide dlc code behind roll of toilet paper. Soon you gonna need an entire grocery list to fully enjoy Destiny. Terrible smh.

Really surprised there isn't a bigger backlash for such practice. Destiny fans must really love that game. Most other franchises would have been buried deep in the ground if they did such despicable bs.

I am kind of intrigued to see how far they go with this stuff. They seem to not care at this point. This year is Red Bull. Next year they'll hide dlc code behind roll of toilet paper. Soon you gonna need an entire grocery list to fully enjoy Destiny. Terrible smh.

Really surprised there isn't a bigger backlash for such practice. Destiny fans must really love that game. Most other franchises would have been buried deep in the ground if they did such despicable bs.

Please drink verification can to continue.

Jawmuncher

Oh wait there was a number 3 already? lol

I meant a new one. I hope that never gets made now.

If i can't win neither can you. :p

Why you gotta curse me like that. DmC 2 would still be something at least. Though I'm not saying I wouldn't mind DMC5 either.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
six*

i am giving you all of them , hell...i'll give you my account
but get me out of here and take me to canada or US or UK or even germany ( with valled passport )

living here is shit

If you burn all your papers and say you're from syria you will probably get to live in Sweden for the rest of your life if you can come here in some way.

I'm not serious but this is what some people think, and may be the case in some situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom