• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Dead Island Riptide region locked?

All of the game's Eastern European-specific retail packages are runtime-restricted.
This package can only be run in specified countries

Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine

Kiru

Neat. Activated and now have the uncensored version of Borderlands 1. Yipee!

Yay!
giphy.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Grrrr, to the Steam Trading Card drops taking forever, I have a theory on why this is, but I don't think I can say anything because of confidential signings with Valve, grrrr.

What I think I can say is this, the cause for some games having ridiculous card drop rates may have a cause that isn't what you guys are expecting.

I don't want to break contract or leak Valve's secrets or anything like that, but it can be frustrating seeing all of you guys having an issue, and then thinking, "Ohh, that's probably...", but not being able to say anything since it's probably confidential.

cyba89

Grrrr, to the Steam Trading Card drops taking forever, I have a theory on why this is, but I don't think I can say anything because of confidential signings with Valve, grrrr.

What I think I can say is this, the cause for some games having ridiculous card drop rates may have a cause that isn't what you guys are expecting.

5o4mnkx.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I don't want to break contract or leak Valve's secrets or anything like that, but it can be frustrating seeing all of you guys having an issue, and then thinking, "Ohh, that's probably...", but not being able to say anything since it's probably confidential.

Interesting...

wilflare

how are you guys managing your podcasts? soundcloud? pocketcasts? etc?
been thinking of giving Idle Thumbs and Player One a listen - think they were mentioned here

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
By the way Enhanced Steam's servers are currently offline. I spoke to the provider who told me they have a local power outage whose length has surpassed the capacity of their backup batteries and generators. So hopefully they'll come back online soon.

Khronico

how are you guys managing your podcasts? soundcloud? pocketcasts? etc?
been thinking of giving Idle Thumbs and Player One a listen - think they were mentioned here

I don't really use any podcast management stuff so I can't comment on that.

The early days of idle thumbs were excellent but I kinda stopped listening to them around a year or two ago (Great compilation of the early days here). IDK the quality of the current run.

talk about leaving us wanting more....

eye_reasonably_small_400x400.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, but it's even cheaper on Nuuvem :/

This reminds me, what should I check to see if a game is region locked or not? So that I don't have to bother people here each time I need to know :p

Look it up on SteamDB and then comb through the package list, taking particular note of Store/Retail Key and CD Key ones. Packages that are restricted to certain countries at the activation level will have the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flag and a list of eligible/ineligible countries (depending on what AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries is set to -- either "yes" [in which case only users in the listed countries can activate keys] or "no" [in which case only users not located in the listed countries can activate keys]) while those restricted further, at the runtime level, will also have either onlyallowrunincountries or prohibitrunincountries. In exceedingly rare cases you also need to be mindful of language restrictions, but this is generally if not entirely limited to more recent Call of Duty titles and Ubi's full-price/near-full-price games.

That all being said, in select cases there may be region-specific packages that the publisher doesn't actually use, so I always say that it's still better to ask even if you know what to look for.

Edit: The above information is specifically in relation to retail keys. I assume you're aware that Valve has cracked down heavily on cross-region trading on Steam itself.

Look it up on SteamDB and then comb through the package list, taking particular note of Store/Retail Key and CD Key ones. Packages that are restricted to certain countries at the activation level will have the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flag and a list of eligible/ineligible countries (depending on what AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries is set to -- either "yes" [in which case only users in the listed countries can activate keys] or "no" [in which case only users not located in the listed countries can activate keys]) while those restricted further, at the runtime level, will also have either onlyallowrunincountries or prohibitrunincountries. In exceedingly rare cases you also need to be mindful of language restrictions, but this is generally if not entirely limited to more recent Call of Duty titles and Ubi's full-price/near-full-price games.

That all being said, in select cases there may be region-specific packages that the publisher doesn't actually use, so I always say that it's still better to ask even if you know what to look for.

Edit: The above information is specifically in relation to retail keys. I assume you're aware that Valve has cracked down heavily on cross-region trading on Steam itself.

Yes, I know about the cross-region trading. The rest sounds a bit complicated, but I should be able to manage.

Thanks for all the help!

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for user237:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 11 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Hare In The Hat (Desura) -- MB-B24BEEEC57D11279 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia (Desura) -- MB-FA1459BC7E3461A2 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
BoxesWithGuns (Desura) -- MB-2C657654A29A5029
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-C6EF6186328675C2 - Taken by Belgarion
ulgzbKC.png
Bit Shifter (Desura) -- MB-8C7D7BAA41567623 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Astro Emporia (Desura) -- MB-B33010E1016EBFC5 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Voyage to Farland (Desura) -- MB-52F5AF0D24259E8F - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Downpour (Desura) -- MB-F3A8B76B63A89287 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Cold Contract (Desura) -- MB-6B1126ECB72F0B58 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
East Tower - Akio (Desura) -- MB-C84CAB43F1E66632 - Taken by Sammichu
ulgzbKC.png
Yury (Desura) -- MB-7D44D329FF96B750 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Invisible Apartment Zero (Desura) -- MB-FF233CEB6CA3B9BB - Taken by Sammichu

bombs away

Maniac

Banned
It can't really be like Splatoon though. Splatoon has locked content on-disc, whereas Hitman will be digital only until at the very least, late 2016, if not foreveerrrr

I don't understand why people can't just wait to see what comes with Hitman at launch. They've said it will be similar in scale to what other Hitman games launched with but even if you don't believe them......just wait and see and if you aren't satisfied don't buy at launch.

I can't support Hitman until I get word of what happened to Kane and Lynch at the end of 2.
Their airplane gets shot down by the Chinese police, they both die.
Although they both appear in Hitman Absolution so I guess you could surmise they make it out somehow.

I am reminded of how hilariously awful Kane and Lynch 2's ending is. It just ends out of nowhere Rage style.

Annubis

for my 2000th game...

*redeems some random turd bundle filled with junk i've never heard of and won't play*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Row Row fight the power.

I went to see how many games I have but I'm much more scared of my Steam playtime record.
2243.0 Hours... damn...
Guess I can't say I don't play the games I buy.

That Hitman thread is just weird. People should wait how it turns out and then decide. We're talking about free updates here. But people are almost painting it worse than paid DLCs and season passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom