• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

If I remember correctly, 12 games or more were planned
The original draft for the story was 11 chapters, with Shenmue II finishing up chapter 5. (Shenmue I was chapter 1, they skipped chapter 2 and put it in an accompanying comic or something, Shenmue II covered chapters 3-5).

Lain

Toukiden: Kiwami looks good enough for me
a7zb.png

Port feels bare, with stuff like having to put in your name like you'd do on a console i.e. choosing the letters with your pad, not typing them in with your keyboard.
I guess I could say that it is a console port through and through, but I'm fine with it. As long as the port isn't inferior to the console counterpart or with issues and I get to play it on my PC, the only thing that I consider really relevant is the price, which is the real sore point so far for me. The game should have released with a 40€ pricetag and a bigger preorder discount, especially considering how only the bare minimum work was done (and in the eyes of some, not even that).

Megauap

No, five games. Suzuki told it was possible, eventually, close the plot in Shenmue 4, but at least another game is needed to fully achieve his vision.
What I wonder here, is: if he needs another game or two to close the plot, and if new areas in stretch goals are optional (since the game will be released even if those goals won't be reached), what those areas are for? Optional quests only?
Why doing this? It wouldn't be better, if eventually all goals will be achieved, try to insert as many as plot elements you can, so Suzuki can, eventually, close the plot in Shenmue 4?

Suzuki should really try to close the plot in Shenmue 3, honestly. Because Shenmue 3, at the moment, is the only "sure" thing, no one can say Shenmue 4 will see the light.

Those areas are already in the game but they just have the bare minimum to continue the story. The stretch goals are for improving those areas with new minigames, more side quests, more techniques, etc.
Or that's what I read somewhere.

Knurek

Shit, looking really bleak for July releases :/

Some indies look promising, but not much else.

July will be the replay month for me.
The Witcher 2 (Iorveth path and maybe Broche again if the game doesn't piss me off like last time)
Mass Effect trilogy (Paragon replay, thought about running MaleShep as well, but... that just seems wrong on so many levels. Mass Effect is Jennifer Hale.)
The Curse of Monkey Island

ViviOggi

Toukiden: Kiwami looks good enough for me

Port feels bare, with stuff like having to put in your name like you'd do on a console i.e. choosing the letters with your pad, not typing them in with your keyboard.
I guess I could say that it is a console port through and through, but I'm fine with it. As long as the port isn't inferior to the console counterpart or with issues and I get to play it on my PC, the only thing that I consider really relevant is the price, which is the real sore point so far for me. The game should have released with a 40€ pricetag and a bigger preorder discount, especially considering how only the bare minimum work was done (and in the eyes of some, not even that).
Wait for deal and by then community fixes will be out as well

Ez

60€ for this is just absurd

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
On the flipside I hate it when a game is more controller-centric and it makes me use keyboard for that stuff.

Definitely. $60 is what you pay for the top games at launch. It is a premium product price. Treating it like a standard we're just expected to cough up even if you halfass it is not going to fly with me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Its nice of KT to feel like Toukiden is worth the premium price with the bare minimun efforts. They have high self esteem. Gotta give em credit tbh.

Maniac

Banned
Sure, "borrowed". ;)

Oi now, it's actually borrowed!

I just... Don't know the guy nor have I ever met him, it's a friend of a friend that does a lot of system building and benchmarking... Hopefully he'll not be needing to benchmark a 780ti against anything anytime soon... I hope. ;_;
Its nice of KT to feel like Toukiden is worth the premium price with the bare minimun efforts. They have high self esteem. Gotta give em credit tbh.

They're the Kardashians of publishers.

Haunted

Suzuki should really try to close the plot in Shenmue 3, honestly. Because Shenmue 3, at the moment, is the only "sure" thing, no one can say Shenmue 4 will see the light.
Agreed.

Of course, the argument is that Yu Suzuki feels like it's impossible to tell the remaining chapters of the story within the span of one game, and since he's the creator... gotta respect that. It still seems insane to me. Wonder if a professionally hired editor would hold the same opinion as him. :D

Maniac

Banned
Looks like I already had brawlhalla? So weird. Putting my alienware key in this post.

I realised I already had it after entering the AW giveaway. Guess I'll... Hmm... Wonder if we'll get to keep the game once it's out of beta, if that's the case I'd totally modbot it, but it's kinda... Pointless if it's just a beta.
I would say more the Palin family with the fuck ups and silly anticts.

That's a really good point, actually.

Silly KT.

madjoki

I realised I already had it after entering the AW giveaway. Guess I'll... Hmm... Wonder if we'll get to keep the game once it's out of beta, if that's the case I'd totally modbot it, but it's kinda... Pointless if it's just a beta.

It will be F2P.

Knurek

Oh poop, I can't get Witcher 2 to maintain 1080p60 with 750 TI.
This doesn't have L'Oreal hair, so why the hell am I getting this kind of performance? :\

Kiru

Oh poop, I can't get Witcher 2 to maintain 1080p60 with 750 TI.
This doesn't have L'Oreal hair, so why the hell am I getting this kind of performance? :\
Seems normal. Witcher 2 is still a pretty game and 750Ti is not that good. According to google you should get around 50fps with no AA.

Knurek

Seems normal. Witcher 2 is still a pretty game and 750Ti is not that good. According to google you should get around 50fps with no AA.

Yeah, with everything on except for Ubersampling, it hovers at around 37-45. Can get it to 60 with drops to high 50s if I disable SSAO, lightshafts and motion blur.
Either that or everything on and lock to 1080p30...
Decisions, decisions.

750TI is amazing. Best price/performance ratio on the market.

Anteater

wish game of thrones game was like long live the queen, would be cool to have a game where i trained to make choices that matter and see these fuckers burned alive in my own hands

in 3D

wilflare

wish game of thrones game was like long live the queen, would be cool to have a game where i trained to make choices that matter and see these fuckers burned alive in my own hands

in 3D

lol. that would be interesting..
I hope GSM backed up my save of Long Live the Queen correctly - probably will play through it again soon

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oops, didn't realise I bought Groupees' Community Bundle 5 about 2.5 weeks ago. Oh well, all the more keys to give away later on.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-B92583242FF3DEDA - Taken by Miniboss
GunWorld -- MB-2BD5612469EB4300 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
On a Roll 3D -- MB-C0947F16C9902187 - Taken by BernardoOne
Evopollution -- MB-82E744A0C1F021A7 - Taken by Loptous
Thief Town -- MB-ABD1FC41F9B30514 - Taken by Kifimbo
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Schein -- MB-39211C0EFF2802EC - Taken by PunishedSnake
Fine Sweeper -- MB-9FD9207BAD3C03ED - Taken by Benedict
Lilly and Sasha: Nexus of Souls -- MB-E2B05E09CD9389C9 - Taken by jshackles
Pirate Hell -- MB-6C0D64699C2297C7 - Taken by Deques
Pixel Piracy -- MB-42F8225694E79D23 - Taken by Mixed2k
Portal of Evil -- MB-247761B5FC1C9E67 - Taken by NingenJanai
Tiamat-X -- MB-721B0BB1D05C89FF - Taken by ExoSoul

Sounds like it would be right up my alley. :p

abracadaver

Blade Symphony? Don't need it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blade Symphony -- MB-A911B340890DBE01 - Taken by maty. 4 entrants total.

t1435424879z1.png

fantomena

Im at the point where there is almost nothing on Steam (games or DLC) left that interests me, just 2 games (Lemma and Not a hero) I'll wait for a sale on.

Incredible.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys - I'm going to need some recommendations for the next OP as there are only 4 days left in the month! So far I have
  • Rocket League - iosefe
  • How To Survive: Third Person Standalone - jshackles
so things are looking pretty bare at the moment!

You can send me a recommendation for anything that's coming out on Steam in July. I'm also adding a new segment to the OP that's "You Might Have Missed" that will showcase games that came out the previous month that weren't featured in the last OP. So feel free to send me recommendations and write-ups for games released in June as long as they've not already been featured.

abracadaver

I completed Never Alone with my girlfriend. (Really easy game)

It took like 4 hours but I haven't unlocked all the cards yet. Now I can't delete the game and have to idle it some more just to get the remaining (2) cards

JaseC

I completed Never Alone with my girlfriend. (Really easy game)

It took like 4 hours but I haven't unlocked all the cards yet. Now I can't delete the game and have to idle it some more just to get the remaining (2) cards

Did you not want to be alone while playing Never Alone?

So what happened to Nuuvem? The new sale page shows a 404 error for me, and DMC4 SE seems to have disappeared from their website. Do I need a VPN just to be able to visit those pages now?

Making Steam Trading Cards and backgrounds right now for my game, Close Your Eyes.

Have more cards done, but the newest one. Working with my artist, Rincs, she does work quickly and has been fantastic to work with. She drew this up in three hours specifically for a background and trading cards, happy to be working with her.

Full image:

The Steam page for my game should be live soon if all goes well! Hoping my game does manage to get trading cards as her and I are working hard on them. XD;

THERE'S SO MUCH I WISH I COULD TELL YOU GUYS, but under a contract of secrecy of Steam's inner-workings, but I think it's fair for me to say I'm working on the cards.
Looks creepy. That is a good thing :D Good luck with getting cards into your game!
Yeah, with everything on except for Ubersampling, it hovers at around 37-45. Can get it to 60 with drops to high 50s if I disable SSAO, lightshafts and motion blur.
That's a really great performance for the card.
750TI is amazing. Best price/performance ratio on the market.
It is pretty great on that front. For me, resolution is not important at all. Or let's say least important. Sitting 50cm from a 24inch monitor and when experimenting with resolutions in games, I found out that I personally barely noticed a difference between 720p and 1080p. So that's what I'm going to dial down first thing once games get too taxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom