• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
So..... I just handed in a refund on Steam for a game I played 2.1 hours... Whelp. What are my chances?

Yeah, I know, sigh.

?

Plenty of people have gotten refunds on games with more hours played and/or owning them for more than the two weeks.

It's like returning a product to a store a day late or two. Unless the manager is a complete dickhead they'll accept the refund. I've even seen people return stuff a week late.

Not like Valve is going to see you had an extra 6 minutes played and say nope, fuck off m8 you played way too much of the game.

So... I got rid of my ultrawide monitor for $350. I'm done buying stuff based on gimmicks. Too many compatibility issues.

So, now, I'm using a VA panel acer 27" 1080p display. And I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a 144hz monitor... Though, I'm not sure what model I should get.

Any recommendations, GAF?

I would prefer to stay under $400 CAD (before taxes)

So..... I just handed in a refund on Steam for a game I played 2.1 hours... Whelp. What are my chances?

Yeah, I know, sigh.

mDgKRfo.png

Yeah, I know, sigh.

I remember you for having a weird view on refunds... *cough*
o6KDltA.gif

Lol. The refund system wasn't in place until June 2nd. That was the purchase date, not the refund date
It's still under 2 hours though! :p

Although he should still be able to refund it, Valve is very lenient with refunds.

EDIT: I misread that for minutes instead of hours, I should go to sleep.

Wonder if they would refund a game I spent 36 hours on.
Nope!

I assume you already knew that though! After all, your name is Sarcasm

Tektonic

I tried to refund gestureworks gameworks, which I bought for my tablet, but never had overlay working - so it never worked. Because I had it running in background while my tablet slept - it says 30 hours used. 2 hours was actually testing, and trying to get the damn thing working

End result: no refund

Sarcasm

But yeah they have refined their refund system. Quicker than I thought or else I would actually try to return one game I bought (which is a new game though not some old one).

Parsnip

It does. It means they handled the PC port. I mean, I don't understand why everyone is fixated on there only being 12 people working on the PC port. Iron galaxy are not creating content, they are not making the game, they were just making the content Rocksteady creates work (or not) on PC. All you need is a small team of programmers.
Nope it actually doesn't mean that. You are just extrapolating that from incomplete information.

Also note the part where I actually didn't say anything about how many people worked on it.

Noticing a pattern here...

Well, the guy who wanted my Witcher 3 code decided to buy it for PS4. (Hey, I won't judge...)

So, if any SteamGAFfer reading this is looking for a relatively cheap copy of the Witcher 3, send me a PM. I'll be away from my PC for a little bit, but I'll get back to you shortly.

The bigger question is whether or not they will get it running properly. Obviously they can add the effects back in, but they took them out for a reason.

Works a lot better for me after the patch (though I never had so many issues, only occasional drops to 30-40 fps while driving the Batimobile and missing rain shaders/AO)

My recommended tags are boring
Action
Adventure
Batman
Stealth
Indie
Singleplayer
Third Person
Open World
Atmospheric
Horror
Story Rich
Superhero
Detective
Great Soundtrack
Hack and Slash
Character Action Game
Female Protagonist
Spectacle fighter
Simulation
Classic
Fighting
FMV
Strategy
Beat 'em up
Dark

Anteater

I've played AK for 2hrs with low textures, and I can't really say I remember what it looks like other than things in black moving around the screen and a bunch of blur, I doubt I'll notice that AO and rain effect

I also remember the button prompts

Since I have to two Nintendo Club accounts:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Flipnote Studio 3D (Nintendo 3DS eShop) -- MB-9FB1C6EECFECB18E - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.

t1435481583z1.png

It's so weird going from Wolfenstein: The Old Blood to Wolfenstein '09, everything about it so cheesey in comparison. Especially all of the terri-bad German accents.

It's too hot right now (25°C at 11PM). D:

Refund period is two weeks after purchase? I though it was six months assuming you meet all the other requirements.

EDIT:
2 weeks and under 2 hours is a guaranteed refund. If it's under 6 months then Valve will decide.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification. Good to know that now in the event that I need to refund any sales purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom