• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need a VPN to activate the Borderlands 1 key?
I do use FlyVPN for uncensored games to be safe but it shouldn't be neccessary (better be safe though lol).
A tip: You have to close steam client, open and log in vpn from another country, open steam client and then activate key.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My buddy doesn't think Valve will start cracking down on this. In fact, he thinks Valve is gong to discriminate against indie games when it comes to refunds.

Sounds like something an EA sympathiser would say. "It's not as good as it sounds, you guys!" :p

Sarcasm

Ugh I don't know why but I accidentally hit verify cache on my fallout 3 install. Now it doesn't run saying an instance is already started (checked - nothing is running and I restarted).

So I re-do the FOSE and it doesn't recognize the damn game now.

ragggeeeee

JaseC

I do use FlyVPN for uncensored games to be safe but it shouldn't be neccessary (better be safe though lol).
A tip: You have to close steam client, open and log in vpn from another country, open steam client and then activate key.

Yeah, you need to fully restart the client for your region to change. It's also worth noting that activation and runtime eligibility is determined by IP address, not store region.

Copons

Just finished Evoland (decompression phase after TW3) and it was very meh.
What could have been a great idea - and it was at first - quickly goes bad with lame dungeons, lame puzzles, lame collectibles and an overworld random encounters ratio that could easily put to shame early 90s Square and Enix production.

Yeah, you need to fully restart the client for your region to change. It's also worth noting that activation and runtime eligibility is determined by IP address, not store region.
Thanks for clearing up. One question. When I have a steam key for a game from another region (not region-blocked of course), I don't have to use VPN to activate via Steam, right? Not like the key would get "converted" into my regional censored version of the game. A key from an uncensored region always activates the uncensored version of a game. Do I understand that correct?

Also, I really enjoy how slow the thread is moving. No joke.

Question about the new order, in the beginning youre forced to make a choice and depending on your choice a new time line opens up, does this game have multiple endings or does that just happen in the beginning? Also is the stort drastically different depending on youe choice in the beginning?

Question about the new order, in the beginning youre forced to make a choice and depending on your choice a new time line opens up, does this game have multiple endings or does that just happen in the beginning? Also is the stort drastically different depending on youe choice in the beginning?

Same ending, but some different cutscenes/conversations throughout the game. The only real changes (aside from which character you pick) is a supporting character who will appear in the base throughout the latter half of the game.

baterism

Just opened a Neptunia booster

WTWvZXr.png

probability for that is 0.03%
:lol
....stay safe buddy.

Sup gaf. The logo's changed in light of recent event, cool.
I have confirmed to get full time job. Entering the office in 2 days. Still a lot of preparation to do, so I'm taking a break from GAF
(not like I post a lot, anyway)
See ya all soon.

Regginator

Quite likely actually. A lot of people say that 3h refunds have worked.
?

Plenty of people have gotten refunds on games with more hours played and/or owning them for more than the two weeks.

It's like returning a product to a store a day late or two. Unless the manager is a complete dickhead they'll accept the refund. I've even seen people return stuff a week late.

Not like Valve is going to see you had an extra 6 minutes played and say nope, fuck off m8 you played way too much of the game.

Ah that's great, I thought maybe in the beginning they were lenient because it was still new and now they'd enforce it strictly since otherwise it is potentially very abusable.

edit: I got the refund, that was very quick!

Lol how is this even possible?

I remember you for having a weird view on refunds... *cough*
Yeah but I came around, didn't do it. Cross my heart. :eek:

JaseC

Thanks for clearing up. One question. When I have a steam key for a game from another region (not region-blocked of course), I don't have to use VPN to activate via Steam, right? Not like the key would get "converted" into my regional censored version of the game. A key from an uncensored region always activates the uncensored version of a game. Do I understand that correct?

Also, I really enjoy how slow the thread is moving. No joke.

There is a LowViolenceInRestrictedCountries flag, which, based on my own -- admittedly limited -- testing, determines eligibility based on the IP address used to activate the game, but as far as new releases go, it hasn't been used* since RE6.

* Excluding games that have German-specific subs, such as Evolve.

Saty

You have logged in from a new device. In order to protect the items in your inventory, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days.

ffs.

Why am i to blame about whatever happened that caused this? I was using the same computer and browser that i always do.

They should allow you to waive this protection method like they did with doing trades at all.

tsg8g17.png

That's pretty awesome of the devs. They basically give away a remaster of the first game for free to owners of the sequels!

Are there any other devs how did similar stuff before?

AHA-Lambda

Welp, gave up on my KS pledges for Bard's Tale and Shemue. Have not much confidence in either right now =/

I did complete batman though :D
On wards to completing the riddler stuff though, the game requires 100% completion to see the ending >_>

Chariot

Welp, gave up on my KS pledges for Bard's Tale and Shemue. Have not much confidence in either right now =/

I did complete batman though :D
On wards to completing the riddler stuff though, the game requires 100% completion to see the ending >_>
What happened to Shenmue?

Arthea

I finished Tengami, in one sit, it's that short, an hour and some.

some thoughts: nice concept, nice haiku, nice zen music, nice puzzles albeit easy.
Not all is well though, the protagonist moves very slow, in a game which is short and there is a lot of moving back and forth... yeah, not that fun and in fact a game is even shorter than it looks.

Still worth to play for originality alone.

Just finished Evoland (decompression phase after TW3) and it was very meh.
What could have been a great idea - and it was at first - quickly goes bad with lame dungeons, lame puzzles, lame collectibles and an overworld random encounters ratio that could easily put to shame early 90s Square and Enix production.

Totally agree on this with you, only I haven't even finished it, decided I have better games to play and dropped it. The idea is nice, gameplay? not so much.

Hektor

What are the budget for the two? Tbh Wasteland 2 graphic isn't that great..

Wasteland 2 earned 3 million Dollar trough Kickstarter and another 3 million trough EA-Sales.

The Bards Tale 4 is going to have an inital budget of 2,5 million according to this page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv

Co-funded by fans and inXile: if this game hits its $1.25 million goal, inXile will put in at least $1.25 million of its own money to double the initial budget!

Aren't both of those in the top 20 funded KS of all time? Bard's Tale has been funded and is reaching stretch goals, and Shenmue 3 has raised nearly $4 million.

I swear, people are getting way too dramatic over this shit. I'm very happy with how Bard's Tale is progressing.

Humble stuffs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-4F0032473530189F - Taken by Catshade. 16 entrants total.
Deep Under The Sky -- MB-80D72D4333771FBF - Taken by SSPssp. 9 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat -- MB-6A34658FD4DA915A - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1435515964z1.png

Knurek

I wish the whole of Witcher 2 was as good as Floatsam is...

It's going to be really hard choosing Legolas path. It hurts to even consider betraying Broche...

Buraindo

Finished Chapter 5 of The Dream Machine and I can't recommend it enough if you enjoy Point and Click games.
Sucks that there's still no release date for Chapter 6.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Constant doubts at this point regarding Shenmue's budget and then hearing that Shenmue 3 may not even close the story.

I think this is a bit of miscommunication as well. It would be impossible for Shenmue 3 to finish up the story that Suzuki originally planned.

In the original plan that included 16 chapters, Ryo would settle his feud with Lan Di around Shenmue 4 but by then he'd be caught up in something much, much greater.

I think it's safe to say we'll see the Lan Di arc finished or resolved to some degree in the current version of Shenmue 3. That's most likely doable.

Jawmuncher

I think this is a bit of miscommunication as well. It would be impossible for Shenmue 3 to finish up the story that Suzuki originally planned.

In the original plan that included 16 chapters, Ryo would settle his feud with Lan Di around Shenmue 4 but by then he'd be caught up in something much, much greater.

I think it's safe to say we'll see the Lan Di arc finished or resolved to some degree in the current version of Shenmue 3. That's most likely doable.

Ryo dies In the fierce battle would be the easy way to end it at 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom