• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

Everybody's favorite comic

Yep, it's that time of the year again. Today's my Birthday (29th, nice day btw =)). Let's celebrate with a giveaway. Not the most awesome stuff, I hope you like it though. SteamGAF is best GAF! :)

Happy Birthday! :D

So yesterday I played through Dreamfall Chapters part 3 and it wasn't very good. At least something finally happens with Zoe, but Kian's part was useless for the most parte once again.

I still have hopes for Chapter 4 & 5, but so far the game has not been the amazing sequel to TLJ and Dreamfall that I was expecting.

So yesterday I played through Dreamfall Chapters part 3 and it wasn't very good. At least something finally happens with Zoe, but Kian's part was useless for the most parte once again.

I still have hopes for Chapter 4 & 5, but so far the game has not been the amazing sequel to TLJ and Dreamfall that I was expecting.
Would you mind explaing in what way TLJ and Dreamfall are the great adventure games I keep reading from many people? Interested because I've never played a game from the series.

Tesseract

Banned
anyone try Barony?

Barony is a 3D, first-person roguelike that brings back the cryptic and intricate designs of classic roguelikes such as Nethack and melds them with RPGs like Ultima Underworld, System Shock, and Daggerfall. Challenge is the calling card of this hard-boiled dungeon-crawler.

Anteater

ididit6ckoh.jpg

i did it

I actually kind of like that puzzle minigame

Started playing Dark Matter (no, not Dark Matter, Dark Matter. Not sure this cleared anything up. Not this Dark Matter, this Dark Matter. Hmm. Not the space Dark Matter, the... space Dark Matter. Fine, the Metroidvania Dark Matter, not the shmup Dark Matter).

It's not very good. Very rough animations, managed to trigger three bugs that required an exit / load, same-y environments, clunky controls, so far more like an amateur project than something saleable. It's definitely not as good as, say, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, the 40-odd metacritic rated XBLA/PSN exclusive in basically the same genre. I'll probably still finish it off, but I can't say I recommend it.

Funny I had been considering it based on the screens, because it looks pretty good. But your post prompted me to watch a video and god damn, it doesn't hold up well.

Thanks for the impressions.

I've just found my new co-worker playing the Witcher 3 on his laptop at the office lol.

He has a bright future in front of him. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

milena87

Would you mind explaing in what way TLJ and Dreamfall are the great adventure games I keep reading from many people? Interested because I've never played a game from the series.

For me it was the story, writing and characters, especially for TLJ.

Pretty much what Lambda said. The Longest Journey especially is an incredible and epic adventure between two worlds, filled with humour and great characters.
Dreamfall is pretty much the same, but with an ending that didn't give a complete closure for the 2 main characters. And that's why I was so excited for Chapters: I wanted to see the proper ending to Zoe's and Kian's story.

TLJ has, like many other adventure games of that time, some questionable puzzles.
Dreamfall has few and very easy puzzles, but they introduced a terrible combat mechanic.

Chapters is much more similar to Dreamfall than TLJ, it even has the same questionable controls and no true running option. But no combat at least.

Kiru

Happy Birthday Kiru!
Generous giveaway btw.

Happy birthday, Kiru! Hope you have a great one.

Happy birthday Kiru

Happy birthday Kiru!

Happy Birthday Kiru! Nice giveaway.

Happy birthday Kiru.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Thanks for the giveaway

Happy birthday, Kiru

Happy birthday Kiru.

I almost forgot but Happy Birthday Kiru :)

Also - happy birthday Kiru!

Happy birthday to you~

Happy Birthday! Be sure to enter your own giveaway.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-98B67AAC3BA732C4

Happy birthday Kiru! This should be fitting for you!

Happy birthday!

Also, Happy Birthday Kiru!

Happy Birthday Kiru

happy birthday <3

Happy birthday Kiru.

Happy Birthday, kiru!

Happy Birthday :D

Keys pls

Nice birthday btw! =)

Thank you everybody <3

99 games and not a free-for-all. Let the game theory commence!
I just noticed. That was not intended. :/ Anybody know if previous entries are still good if I change it to Free-for-All ?

titch

Yep, it's that time of the year again. Today's my Birthday (29th, nice day btw =)). Let's celebrate with a giveaway. Not the most awesome stuff, I hope you like it though. SteamGAF is best GAF! :)

Hey HBDY!!!!

Uraizen

Banned
I've played about a few hours and 10 missions of DMC4SE with Vergil.

so good

Oh dear, I'm playing through all the new chars' modes on normal and LDK simultaneously and I'm further than you? Curse my efficient combat skills.

I want to upload a DMC4SE webm but the video that i recorded is choppy. I use OBS for recording. My video was so epic :(

does anyone know why it's choppy

i'm a noob

I, too, would like to see your motivation.

MaxiLive

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the giveaway as well :D

If it's still showing as unavailable despite being connected to a VPN, try deleting all Nuuvem-related cookies and restarting your browser.
Oh it shows up as available with Hola on and set to Brazil. The issue is that with Hola on I can't sign in (button never comes up and the login URL itself 403's on me), and my cart empties itself if I try to check out.

(This is with the cookies freshly deleted)

I'll give Wolfenstein '09 this, the Thule medallion and Veil mechanics are kind fun, although I mostly just abuse the slow time ability and mow Nazi's down with an mp40 or stg44. Once you make some decent progress in the campaign you start to get some pretty fun and weird weapons; plasma cannons, arc lightning guns and flamethrowers. The problem is ammo for these unique weapons is limited enough that you only get to play around with them for a bit before you run dry and fall back on the standard Nazi armaments of the stg44, mp40 and k98. These are what virtually all Nazi's are carrying and using in the game thus far, so that's what you'll mostly be using since that's the most plentiful ammo. This game has no shotgun, yet. What? I think I'm halfway through the game and there's no shotgun. You can modify all of your weapons through a black market vendor but it's pedestrian stuff.

The whole experience of the campaign feels super disjointed. The town of Isenstaad is the hub for missions you receive from both Caroline Backer and the Kreisau Circle (resistance fighters) and Russian Guy-o-vitch and the Golden Dawn (occult scholars who totally aren't going to turn on me). There's no through thread connecting these missions other than Nazi's are doing weird occult shit and you just go in and shoot things up to stop it. The main villian makes his first appearance halfway through the game and in that same mission, seconds after he's introduced, you kill that villain. Aside from quest givers in Isenstaad, there are no characters, no heroes, no villains, just a lot of bad accents and generic Nazi fodder for me to shoot. It's just such a corny game.

Maybe I'd have a higher opinion of the game if I had played it back when it first came out but it hasn't aged well and it's something I'm only seeing through to the end for its connections to The New Order.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
which of the DMC PC pc ports was superb again?

It's probably 4? Where's the best place to play DMC 3?

Deques

Oh it shows up as available with Hola on and set to Brazil. The issue is that with Hola on I can't sign in (button never comes up and the login URL itself 403's on me), and my cart empties itself if I try to check out.

Wasn't Hola unsecured to use?

Is VPN required to use to browse nuuvem?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ah. Yeah, Nuuvem has blacklisted common VPN IPs, which results in a fake 403 page. Try using one of FlyVPN's South American servers that isn't Brazil.

Is VPN required to use to browse nuuvem?

No.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if serious.jpeg

DmC 2013 and OG DMC4 were good ports. DMC4SE is getting mixed impressions but apparently it's good just not as good as OG DMC4.

Yeah, I meant 4.

But is DMC3 fixable?

Like if you do everything mentioned here etc.

Knurek

Hektor

Hope this game will be fun for more than the first 2 hours.

Finally beat Batman, now ima 100% it.

Spoiler:
that last Joker/Batman nightmare sequence was great, love the Jokermobile skin.

That entire first person horror shooter segment was genius. Every developer who wants to tell a story in his game should play and learn from it. Thats how you tell a story without awkwardly emulating bad movies.

Anteater

Yeah, I meant 4.

But is DMC3 fixable?

Like if you do everything mentioned here etc.

it is, you might lose some background music at the end to fix it though since supposedly some of them cause framerate drops for whatever reason.

the only thing I couldn't fix is button mapping, I couldn't remap L2 and R2 but if you're fine with swapping weapons on those buttons then you'll be fine

i'd take a "remaster" or whatever than to go through all these fixes though.

Anteater

Literally the first thing I thought about when they first unveiled the batmobile. Running people over and shooting them with a high-caliber cannon!? That shit isn't Batty, man.

i think in the game batman actually shoots them with a stun gun and they'd bounce away or some shit before he can run them over

but don't quote me on it because i could totally just be imagining that in my head

DocSeuss

Literally the first thing I thought about when they first unveiled the batmobile. Running people over and shooting them with a high-caliber cannon!? That shit isn't Batty, man.

The wheels are giant tasers and the cannon shoots beanbag rounds.

60 mm beanbag rounds.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It always cracked me up when a thug would rag doll off a roof top in Arkham City. Most of the time a magical bat tether would keep them from going over, but every once in awhile it wouldn't trigger and you could watch them plummet into the pavement or the icy waters. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom