• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

cdxqno.gif

Parrying is so cool.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A game called Windborne just got removed from the Steam Store. All owners of the game have been given 5 bonus copies to trade or give to people, which I thought was a pretty good gesture. It'd be a bad thing if the thread derailed around people begging for copies (so if people want to beg for copies in large numbers, probably start a new community thread), but if there's any owner who would be willing to give me one of their free copies, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. I was interested in playing the game before it was removed, but just never quite got around to buying it.

A game called Windborne just got removed from the Steam Store. All owners of the game have been given 5 bonus copies to trade or give to people, which I thought was a pretty good gesture. It'd be a bad thing if the thread derailed around people begging for copies (so if people want to beg for copies in large numbers, probably start a new community thread), but if there's any owner who would be willing to give me one of their free copies, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. I was interested in playing the game before it was removed, but just never quite got around to buying it.

Just read up on the situation. It's a shame, but Hidden Path is making some really nice gestures to the game's supporters.

XShagrath

I saw that Windborne game on my activity feed today. Thought it was really weird when I clicked the game that it took me to hiddenpath's website instead of the Steam store page.

Asgaro

Holy shit, I'm loving this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/streamus/jbnkffmindojffecdhbbmekbmkkfpmjd

- Direct control of your Youtube content in Chrome.
- Can very easily add content via a button on the YT page.
- More user friendly compared to using eg. Spotify since you can manage everything while never having to leave the Chrome window.
This is a big plus for me: I sometimes used Spotify for listening to game soundtracks while browsing but this new method will make me do it more since it's literally only 1 click away.
- Has support for custom shortcuts for eg. playing/pausing & volume up/down.

I know this isn't really something groundbreaking but I'm definitely digging it. CHROME 4 LYFE.

chrome%20music%20player.PNG

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well GAF, here it is... I don't know what to do. I can play AMRA 3 at 55fps... if I set everything but textures to low with no AA... To make it look remotely good it has to drop to 30fps... a sluggish 30fps with dips to 20fps, not even a responsive one.

Do I return it? Do I leave it in my library for my new PC build (over a year away)? Do I play it in poop graphics mode because it's pretty fun regardless? I have ARMA 2, which I assume would be more in the range of my CPU.

Edit: Actually... can I not return it because it was the extended edition?

zkylon

zkylewd
Holy shit, I'm loving this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/streamus/jbnkffmindojffecdhbbmekbmkkfpmjd

- Direct control of your Youtube content in Chrome.
- Can very easily add content via a button on the YT page.
- More user friendly compared to using eg. Spotify since you can manage everything while never having to leave the Chrome window.
This is a big plus for me: I sometimes used Spotify for listening to game soundtracks while browsing but this new method will make me do it more since it's literally only 1 click away.
- Has support for custom shortcuts for eg. playing/pausing & volume up/down.

I know this isn't really something groundbreaking but I'm definitely digging it. CHROME 4 LYFE.

chrome%20music%20player.PNG

i used this once but as i added songs to my playlists it didn't update it on streamus so i had to readd my playlists every time i made a change, so i felt it was pretty useless

Arthea

So how is Lichdom Battlemage. Somehow the Steam reviews arent helpful at all.
It seems most say it gets kinda boring though.

after reading reviews that it's extremely repetitive and boring I decided not to buy it, steamgaf haven't played it, it seems as I got no opinions about it.
Not to mention that gameplayvids doesn't scream fun at me either.

Does anyone experience a little stutter/slowdown with south park? It seems to be periodical, like every tot seconds it stutters a little and it goes back to normal

Asgaro

i used this once but as i added songs to my playlists it didn't update it on streamus so i had to readd my playlists every time i made a change, so i felt it was pretty useless

That's indeed a feature that has yet to be implemented to this date, it seems:

Will imported YouTube playlists refresh when new content is added on YouTube?

There is no support for refreshing imported YouTube playlists, but it is on the to do list.
https://streamus.com/frequently-asked-questions/general-refresh-playlist

I'm personally perfectly pleased since I don't make playlists myself and am happy with those I can find premade on YT. :)

EdmondD

Cards still taking forever to drop? I was hoping that was a bug or something and not Valve trying to counteract refunders idling cards.

derExperte

I found myself dying far more often than I remember in classic Battlefront games, and that has been a problem for me in Battlefield games as well.

git gud

The demo I played was presented on PlayStation 4, and the amount of graphics popping in just a few feet ahead of my character was disturbing. I realize this is an early build but it was still shocking.

As expected. Super low draw distance is becoming the plague of currentgen.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's indeed a feature that has yet to be implemented to this date, it seems:

https://streamus.com/frequently-asked-questions/general-refresh-playlist

I'm personally perfectly pleased since I don't make playlists myself and am happy with those I can find premade on YT. :)

well when u have such refined musical taste as i have you're always adding new songs

not very useful for music connoisseurs such of myself

surprising, video looked really good

Tizoc

I think that game's on my wishlist...

Asgaro

well when u have such refined musical taste as i have you're always adding new songs

not very useful for music connoisseurs such of myself

surprising, video looked really good

What you possible could do, is completely manage a playlist from within that Chrome extension.
But of course that would be a problem when you want to play and edit the playlist on more than one device...

It seems you can export the playlist though. But yeah, no automatic synchronisation system in place.

export%20feature.PNG

zkylon

zkylewd
What you possible could do, is completely manage a playlist from within that Chrome extension.
But of course that would be a problem when you want to play and edit the playlist on more than one device...

It seems you can export the playlist though. But yeah, no automatic synchronisation system in place.

export%20feature.PNG
yeah like, the extension sounded awesome in theory but just didn't fit what i wanted from eet

i don't really mind having one tab open with my youtube playlist or just listening on like a program or something so that serious

I broke my monitor after listening to zkylon's playlist. So bad.

yea that does sound like a bad monitor

hope it's on warranty

Do I need to blacklist the monster badge from idlemaster? Says I have 14 drops remaining.

And Arkham Knight came with my 980Ti so I'm excited to play it, should try to finish Origins this weekend. Was really enjoying it but I got halfway through and had to take a break due to just finishing Cities. Did the same with the latter after beating Asylum years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom