• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

So many Ground Zeroes purchases in activity feed makes me happy.

giphy.gif

Konami needs to get with the times already and allow people to preorder The Phantom Pain.

Jawmuncher

So many Ground Zeroes purchases in activity feed makes me happy.

http://media.giphy.com/media/oW81XPNt9J3zO/giphy.gif[MG]

Konami needs to get with the times already and allow people to preorder The Phantom Pain.[/QUOTE]

It's such a stop gap of a game though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nevermind about my ARMA 3 dilemma. Turning down the draw distance helped SO MUCH.

I may have missed it, being in a sort of encumbered psyche lynch pin while floundering with a sense of self I'm finding totally alien, but have we all fucking RAGED that the Rare Replay pack isn't coming to Steam or PC?

If we have, consider this a New Thread Smell post.

If not, why the fuck haven't we?

I may have missed it, being in a sort of encumbered psyche lynch pin while floundering with a sense of self I'm finding totally alien, but have we all fucking RAGED that the Rare Replay pack isn't coming to Steam or PC?

other then conker and mayber PD I wouldn't really be all that interested in it anyway

Second call for impressions on War for the Overworld. Has anyone played it? I'm just curious how it is in its current state, like its current level of bugginess.

Why... would it? I can't think of any reason to bring it over this way, aside from "cause I want it" which is a little disingenuous to begin with.

Incredible.

Grief.exe

Buying it on PS4 just because of that. Well that and I want the CE.

I can wait two weeks for higher resolution, fidelity, better frame rate, cheaper, and not paying for online.

Microsoft has to prioritize creating value for their console. Expecting Phil to port every single console exclusive is a bit greedy.

Rare doesn't really have any PC history anyway.

2 weeks isn't that bad. It will go by fast. Its actually enough time to replay all previous mgs games while you wait. Sadly I don't have a ps3 anymore. I wish I did for that purpose.

MGS Legacy Collection PC port. Believe.

pahamrick

2 weeks isn't that bad. It will go by fast. Its actually enough time to replay all previous mgs games while you wait. Sadly I don't have a ps3 anymore. I wish I did for that purpose.

That's actually a good idea.

Might replay MGS 1 - 4 and GZ, and skip PW.

Is there any way to 1-click search for a game on Dispenser.tf, like from store pages or wishlists?

That'd be a cool feature for Enhanced Steam, if there was a button on wishlists/store pages, just click "Search on Dispenser.tf" and it just takes you to the search result page. Sometimes I'll be looking over my wishlist, remember I have some TF2 keys, and think "wonder how cheap this is on Dispenser?" open a new tab, go to the site, search for the game, only be disappointed to see 0 results.

I'm lazy, so cutting out those first couple steps right from the wishlist, that'd be nice.

Microsoft has to prioritize creating value for their console. Expecting Phil to port every single console exclusive is a bit greedy.

Rare doesn't have any PC history anyway.

I get the reasoning, but there's been more than enough love for Viva Piñata around these parts, and that's past due for a proper Steam release.

Aforementioned Conker wouldn't suck.

Maybe if the 30 games were separate subs we could all get down?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I get the reasoning, but there's been more than enough love for Viva Piñata around these parts, and that's past due for a proper Steam release.

Aforementioned Conker wouldn't suck.

Maybe if the 30 games were separate subs we could all get down?

Sure, it would be nice, but it's not something to get outraged about :p

Really, though, I'm just glad that Cobra Triangle is finally being acknowledged again after so long.

Have we all seen what Shenmue 3 is pulling with their kickstarter?

Ridiculous.

Such a deceiving practice that sets a dangerous precedent for all future kickstarters, I kind of feel people wouldn't be as forgiving if let's say someone like EA was behind all of this pulling the strings, sure you can love the game all you want, but you gotta admit this is a pretty scummy move by all parties involved.

Shadownet

Banned
Such a deceiving practice that sets a dangerous precedent for all future kickstarters, I kind of feel people wouldn't be as forgiving if let's say someone like EA was behind all of this pulling the strings, sure you can love the game all you want, but you gotta admit this is a pretty scummy move by all parties involved.

No sir, I can't admit that. I just don't see why people are so upset by this.

Dice

What's your fps after doing that?
Well I have textures and object detail at Ultra, shadows at Very High, everything else at High. That gets me 55-60 running on the ground, dropping to 40 or so if a lot of vehicle physics get involved. The draw distance is still pretty good where I have it here. I could scale back further and gameplay would probably still be okay, it'd just begin to hurt the sense of realism.

I just played a scenario where I am in a squad and have to obey commands. We're in the woods and our squad leader takes us forward out in the open on a hill, some dudes pop up from behind rocks and light us up and we all die (me last because I hit the dirt). It's just like real war!

zkylon

zkylewd
everything is not fine, 2m is obviously nowhere near enough the money that would be needed to fund a game like shenmue and sony/sega/publishers/investors are the ones actually financing this thing

and unlike that castlevania one that actually says "we're getting most of the money from investors", this one doesn't even mention that

it's really bad

derExperte

Got over 12.000.000, changed rooms again, now we should have enough wormholes for the rest of the day. Oh boy.

I don't find it scummy. Everything is fine. Why did we have to "unlock" translation/subtitles though. Pls.

Also 'Deutsch Untertitel'. Please hire someone who actually knows German.

MUnited83

For you.

... It really isn't. Not the first time a Kickstarter project uses Kickstarter as way to assure further funding. Hell, just look at the definition of the word "kickstart". Nothing wrong with it and all the drama people are trying to stir about is embarassing.

Dice

... It really isn't. Not the first time a Kickstarter project uses Kickstarter as way to assure further funding. Hell, just look at the definition of the word "kickstart". Nothing wrong with it and all the drama people are trying to stir about is embarassing.
Plus I bet it will be a $60 game. So they're doing you a favor in turn for your favor of assuring them the demand is there.

Sch1sm

How much is Sony giving them that they only initially had 2m down to begin with, though? Now Sony knows they have the audience, how much is necessary from the public yo fund a game that's clearly going to sell?

Plus I bet it will be a $60 game. So they're doing you a favor in turn for your favor of assuring them the demand is there.

It's 60 for console or for a physical PC copy. Digital was cheaper on the reward list.

Yep. It's not the first or the last kickstarter to do the same thing. It's normal. Although this one is getting singled out because of high-profile Shenmue is...

Are there people who truly believe this Kickstarter and their support of it is why Shenmue is coming back? And that everything, including budget, wasn't already decided long before this E3?

zkylon

zkylewd
How much is Sony giving them that they only initially had 2m down to begin with, though? Now Sony knows they have the audience, how much is necessary from the public yo fund a game that's clearly going to sell?

doubt any of this money was needed, it's just the whole "proving there's a market" deal again, consultants make sales projections or whatever from the kickstarter numbers and it just makes the investors cough up the actual money used to finance the game

i've been saying this is a shitty practice all the way back to that forsaken swat-like game back during the early days of the kickstarter craze

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Rare doesn't really have any PC history anyway.

Well, except Viva Pinata, available exclusively from the GFWL Marketplace!

everything is not fine, 2m is obviously nowhere near enough the money that would be needed to fund a game like shenmue and sony/sega/publishers/investors are the ones actually financing this thing

and unlike that castlevania one that actually says "we're getting most of the money from investors", this one doesn't even mention that

it's really bad
It's pretty much implied that the 2 million is just to gauge interest. No sane person would think a game of that scope could be developed with 2 million in mind. And nowhere in that kickstarter is it even implied that 2 million covers the total cost. The 2 million ensures that the game will be developed and, in that sense, they're not misleading anyone.

The other option is to try and fully fund the game via KS and end up with a possible double fine scenario where the funds aren't enough to cover the cost of development. Or even worse, we could live in a world where Shenmue 3 continues to not exist.

Jawmuncher

I can wait two weeks for higher resolution, fidelity, better frame rate, cheaper, and not paying for online

I play at 1080p and 60fps which the PS4 version offers. Price is whatever since I'm getting the CE. Will probably play online all of once.

If it's good I'll double dip, if not I'll just beat it and be done with it like GZ. There wasn't anything that impressive for modding in GZ.

It's pretty much implied that the 2 million is just to gauge interest. No sane person would think a game of that scope could be developed with 2 million in mind. And nowhere in that kickstarter is it even implied that 2 million covers the total cost. The 2 million ensures that the game will be developed and, in that sense, they're not misleading anyone.
Exactly. Although it seems like a decent chunk of people on GAF and otherwise are unfamiliar with the practice.

zkylon

zkylewd
"With your help, we can #SaveShenmue and rejoin Ryo and our favorite characters on this new adventure!"

"If Shenmue 3 was going to get made, I wanted to make it with the fans. Through Kickstarter, I knew that could happen. Together, with Shenmue fans everywhere, I knew we could build the game that the series deserves."

"If we do not reach our funding goal, Shenmue 3 will not go forward."

cmon

i mean, they mention "other sources" in the faq way at the bottom but tell me that's not misleading

Think it's totally fine for Shenmue. Or better games like that which are "forgotten". Pubs don't know how successful it'll be and the asked 2 million are no way enough for the game. Of course Sony is funding the lions-share. This KS is more like a market research.
On top of that, no matter how much raving fans there are, series like these mean nothing for majority of gamers. Using KS makes community feel more involved thus helping spreading word even more. Helping chances to become successful.
Wish more forsaken series could use KS with official licenses like Shenmue and not sequels-at-heart like Megaman or Castlevania.
This is a great precedent.

Shadownet

Banned
Well I have textures and object detail at Ultra, shadows at Very High, everything else at High. That gets me 55-60 running on the ground, dropping to 40 or so if a lot of vehicle physics get involved. The draw distance is still pretty good where I have it here. I could scale back further and gameplay would probably still be okay, it'd just begin to hurt the sense of realism.

I just played a scenario where I am in a squad and have to obey commands. We're in the woods and our squad leader takes us forward out in the open on a hill, some dudes pop up from behind rocks and light us up and we all die (me last because I hit the dirt). It's just like real war!
Thanks for the write up. Thinking about getting the game. Though a friend of mine told me since I didn't enjoy Battlefield cause of it realism. I won't enjoy Arma. Btw what's your GPU if you don't mind me asking.

I don't find it scummy. Everything is fine. Why did we have to "unlock" translation/subtitles though. Pls.
Cause translation like any part of making a game cost money? I mean it's nice that they're even offering translation. Most games only has English, French and Spanish.

it's really bad
No it's really not bad. They're know you're interested and in return you can provide feedback on how you want Shenmue 3 to be like, plus getting the PC digital version of the game for a lot cheaper. I bet when the game is finished the PC digital copy might also be $60 as well. Those who are backing it right now might possibly be getting a really good deal.

Btw imgur won't work at all. I have no clue why. The site is reportedly not down. Lately I start to hate my ISP. Constants drops, much slower speed. Good Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom