• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OOOOH I didnt know there was a badge for getting to 100m in that stupid clicking game!! Okay im innthat when it resets later today

If you haven't been playing with scripts for the last few days your chances of getting that badge are pretty slim. You might get lucky and get in with a group that eventually "beats" the game, but if enough people are in that room aren't running scripts 24 hours straight and have a sufficient quantity of wormholes then your team isn't likely to make it to room 100,000,001 in a day. There are only 1,500 people allowed in each room and to make it to the end nearly everyone's gotta pull their weight.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Arent you supposed to kill it to get to the next lvl?

The best strategy is to hold off on damaging the boss as much as possible every 100 levels so that the wormholes can be massively stacked up. Then, once the boss is killed, all of those wormholes activate at once, which will send the team thousands of levels forward.

MUnited83

For you.
Arent you supposed to kill it to get to the next lvl?

Not at all. The secret is using wormholes and stacking them so you can skip a shitload of levels in one go.

In a perfect world, people would get to level 100 doing barely to no damage, and then they would stack in mass every single wormhole they had. Then yes, you could kill the boss and be on the last level instantly.

Backlogger

The best strategy is to hold off on damaging the boss as much as possible every 100 levels so that the wormholes can be massively stacked up. Then, once the boss is killed, all of those wormholes activate at once, which will send the team thousands of levels forward.

The other benefit is that you can gain tons of money from a "slower" boss kill. Money that you need to upgrade yourself and do more damage.

I come with Way of the Samurai 4 Steam news if any of you are interested :)

The latest Ghostlight blogpost includes an update on Way of the Samurai among other things http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-steam-summer-sale-2015-continues

"In other Steam related news, after last week’s update on Way of the Samurai 4, I’m pleased to say that progress has continued to be good. With only 2 major bugs remaining (concerning throwing animations and ambient sounds) remaining we are now pretty darn close to being ready to launch. More news on that soon we hope! Al, Laughing Jackal’s producer, (a.k.a. @ev4nac on Twitter) has been looking at the game a fair bit of late and had this to say about the game:

“Now I’m 100 hours in, I can say with confidence that I really like Way of the Samurai 4. The early part of the game – as you’re figuring out how combat works, the layout of the environment, how missions work, and having to be really cautious in large scale combat – is great and the multi-stranded narrative makes it really fun to try new things out in subsequent play throughs. It’s definitely my favourite Ghostlight game to date. I’ve stayed late a few times just to get a missing ending.”"
Nice! So few work left then :)
Good luck once it hits also!

Just watched some videos and it looks really cool. The mechanic of replaying the same 4 days having times of days each with different story events. And upon your decisions and actions the story unfolds differently. Such a nice idea. The comedic stuff is also pretty nice, hah.

25043a.gif

ViviOggi

The latest Ghostlight blogpost includes an update on Way of the Samurai among other things http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-steam-summer-sale-2015-continues

"In other Steam related news, after last week’s update on Way of the Samurai 4, I’m pleased to say that progress has continued to be good. With only 2 major bugs remaining (concerning throwing animations and ambient sounds) remaining we are now pretty darn close to being ready to launch. More news on that soon we hope! Al, Laughing Jackal’s producer, (a.k.a. @ev4nac on Twitter) has been looking at the game a fair bit of late and had this to say about the game:

“Now I’m 100 hours in, I can say with confidence that I really like Way of the Samurai 4. The early part of the game – as you’re figuring out how combat works, the layout of the environment, how missions work, and having to be really cautious in large scale combat – is great and the multi-stranded narrative makes it really fun to try new things out in subsequent play throughs. It’s definitely my favourite Ghostlight game to date. I’ve stayed late a few times just to get a missing ending.”"
YASSSSSSSSSSSS

Arthea

the hell is wrong with you people?
The game that is on the front of steam is offtopic now?

Anyway, I wish you told me earlier about error of my ways, I can't believe I myself ruined all my games, hilarious and sad at the same time. But you have to admit, it's not at all obvious and a game being laggy as it is... you aren't even sure what are you doing manually.
I still can't believe that the best way is not to touch a game,

maty

The other benefit is that you can gain tons of money from a "slower" boss kill. Money that you need to upgrade yourself and do more damage.

According to the strategies used I believe you don't have to spend money on damage at all just health upgrades. The script will do all the work.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nice! So few work left then :)
Good luck once it hits also!

Just watched some videos and it looks really cool. The mechanic of replaying the same 4 days having times of days each with different story events. And upon your decisions and actions the story unfolds differently. Such a nice idea. The comedic stuff is also pretty nice, hah.

not sure about way of the samurai 2 through 4, but the first game is so fucking good

Lain

Good to hear. I hope that potential July release pans out.

Arthea

good news about WotS4, hopefully it is released not too close to summer sale, when they is moneys problems everywhere

I'm out of WH already, now it's up to you, guys, do your best, or rather don't touch anything

Click game is moving a bit faster now. People are still nuking the bosses, but we're going up about 20-30k at a time. Shitty, but not as shitty as before.

MUnited83

For you.
Lol for Polygon and the "best game of this generation" for Batman, that is pretty much a more of the same, while Witcher 3 exist. Also best game of this generation, a generation with something like ten new exclusive titles or so for platform...yeah.

Wait, what has the number of exclusives to do with anything? Multiplatform games don't count or something.

pahamrick

Lol for Polygon and the "best game of this generation" for Batman, that is pretty much a more of the same, while Witcher 3 exist. Also best game of this generation, a generation with something like ten new exclusive titles or so for platform...yeah.

Yeah, like I said in the thread I'm hyped for AK, but that comment was ridiculous.

Also, is Arkham Knight the Joker? Is this the surprise why we need to avoid social media and spoiler generally? :p

I am not one to care about reviews on games or anything as my favorite games usually are things they over look but, a Batman game being the "game of the generation"? Can't say I agree with that.

Also, is Arkham Knight the Joker? Is this the surprise why we need to avoid social media and spoiler generally? :p

Arkham Knight
hopefully
isn't the Joker.

Kinda spoilers from a gameplay video yesterday?

The game starts off with his body being cremated after the end of AC.

Grief.exe

Keep in mind that Polygon is a 'progressive platform' now. Game of the generation for them must mean that it is the most inclusive while being least offensive.

For example, The Witcher 3 was too 'white washed' for their tastes. Poland's racial demographics render that opinion ignorant at best however.

I appreciate you taking the time to post these Lash. Always good to check in on games I would otherwise miss.

gurm3n

Neo Member

I met the only developer of Unveil in a game jam here in my home city in Argentina, he was showing an early stage of the game and it was pretty good. It's a survival game with a twist and a lot of cool features, you should give it a try if you like this kind of games.

Backlogger

Keep in mind that Polygon is a 'progressive platform' now. Game of the generation for them must mean that it is the most inclusive while being least offensive.

For example, The Witcher 3 was too 'white washed' for their tastes. Poland's racial demographics render that opinion ignorant at best however.

I appreciate you taking the time to post these Lash. Always good to check in on games I would otherwise miss.

Yeah, I stay away from most gaming press in general, but especially Polygon.

Despite the inclusion of the Batmobile I still think Batman AK looks like a great game. Looking forward to playing it.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, they count, of course, but I'm only saying that, including both multiplat and exclusive, there are just a minor number of games, so you can't say "this is the best game ever", while the confrontation is so poor at the moment.

And note, I REALLY liked Batman games, I preordered AK before discovering it had a 40€ season pass (and I deleted my preorder because I don't want support crappy policies by WB), but AK, even if a very good game, it's still a more of the same, excluding Batmobile, it's the same game AA was. Still good, entertaining, hella fun to play (probably), but still an enhanced more of the same.
It would be like saying Fifa 2016 is the best console game ever.

I'm sure that when they say that, I think it's implied that there's "so far" at the end. If they think it's the best game of the generation so far, I don't see what's wrong with that. It's their own opinion. Personally It's looking more like a 6/10 personally, but Polygon can think of the game whatever they want.

didamangi

Got Arkham Knight nvidia code for 10 CSGO keys, not bad. Waiting for the preload.

Gamespot reviews states that almost all female characters in AK is in need of rescue though, surely that's not a perfect game?

And if you don't like Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ then you are an awful person and you should feel bad and stop video gaming.

So edgy,
but true :D

Isn't Batgirl DLC a prequel, anyway?

Yes.

What was mentioned along with it was that the Joker only appears in it. I read it yesterday somewhere, don't remember exactly where but it stated Mark Hamill's Joker for one last time and stuff like that.

Presumably based on the Killing Joke

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, but journalists usually need to give an objective opinion.
I know it's kinda impossible because taste exist and you can't really ignore that, but if you are a paid journalist you can't write such a thing, in my opinion.

AK is Howard the Duck.

Reviews are opinions. Every single review in history is subjective. There's no damn things as an objective opinion on this, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom