• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Guys, I think the new script might be fucked up. I'm seeing a lot of WH being used before 100 levels.. wtf is going on here.
I just watch but why is it important to use wormhole at exactly level 100?

I have over 20000 of those. Isn't that enough?

Using wormholes at 100 guaranteed the best level jump. For every wormhole use at level 100, you skip 10 levels, and it's stackable. So if 1000 people use 10 wormholes on one boss. Yeah.

derExperte

why I feel that I don't know something right now

Using a wormhole skips one level. Using it during a x00 level, so 100, 200, 2800, .... skips 10 levels. And they stack. So the script uses wormholes and cooldown resets repeatedly while in on of those. If everyone would do that, we would be stuck in level 100 for 23:59hrs, then someone would kill the boss and boooom. Unfortunately the world is full of trolls, randoms and fools with outdated scripts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
_1400171917.gif

Speed Gaming, fancy edition

header.jpg

Top Hat - Ok-ish 2d action platform game, might get better with more items as you progress. Kinda ugly. Gameplay feels kinda janky. Not sure about this, theres so many 2d games on steam that instantly seem better than this

header.jpg

Toast Time - Cute little arcade style game (actually feels more like a old game and watch title, down to the simple pixel art), you shoot toast at critters until the time runs out and dont let them reach your...magic clock, whatever it is. you cant really move, you propel yourself by shooting backwards. Neat little time waster, doesnt seem too long either, kinda cool.

header.jpg

Splatter Blood Red Edition - Hey its Max Payne's stunt double Rex Hurt. Not really, but the whole vibe and narration feels like a Max Payne rip off, except...zombies. I rrally like the top down art (reminds me of Dark Wood), it actually plays well, seems to have an actual story progression instead of just random arena levels... kinda into this. Cool explosions too. Better than expected.

header.jpg

Quest of Dungeons - Way into this, rogue-like dungeon crawler with lots of loot and 4 different classes. Played the mage and got new spells along the way (as opposed to just lot), dungeons seem huge, then I fought a boss and died right before killing him (had potions too), fuck. Really liked everything about this.

header.jpg

Instant Dungeon - This, on the other hand, seems shit. Super simple dungeon crawler (more like almost pac-man style short arenas) where you are collecting coins for score. You unlock different modes, I unlocked a quest mode, which instead of playing for score, you need to kill a certain number of enemies...riveting. Also its ugly as shit. Uninstalled.

header.jpg

Life of Pixel - 2d platformer where you play through various 2d eras. Tons of potencial here. I only played the first "world", the spectrum world and I already love it, and its just simple 1 room levels, and then a little of the Atari era. I hope it becomes a proper platformer with "actual" levels as you get to the nes and snes eras too. Great pixel art, plays great, very neat. Bonus points for using actual gaming systems, some actual useful information about them there.

header.jpg

Into The Gloom - a blocky (as in minecraftian) first person horror game. Like the various 2d platformers, first person horror games is a dime a dozen on steam, and since Im not the biggest fan of the genre in the first place, I dont think one with blocky art really works. Got stuck early on, wasnt scared, just bored. Uninstalled.

Shadownet

Banned
I think people manually use them?
It can't be. I've seen about more than 10 people uses them when it's not level 100. I feel like the official script started feeling a bit off once the first group got to 100M.

There was multiple updates right after the first group got there. I'm paranoid cause now it doesn't feel as efficient anymore.

It can't be. I've seen about more than 10 people uses them when it's not level 100. I feel like the official script started feeling a bit off once the first group got to 100M.

There was multiple updates right after the first group got there. I'm paranoid cause now it doesn't feel as efficient anymore.

The script can't account for trolls. I'm pretty sure it's fine when everyone uses it, which doesn't happen

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Even if we only make a few more of those jumps in the next two hours, at least it'll let me be properly equipped with more points to spend for today's efforts. Highest I've made so far is level 137k since I've not been putting much effort into joining the big rooms. We'll easily pass that, I think.

Nabs

Even if we only make a few more of those jumps in the next two hours, at least it'll let me be properly equipped with more points to spend for today's efforts. Highest I've made so far is level 137k since I've not been putting much effort into joining the big rooms. We'll easily pass that, I think.

That's what I'm hoping for. I just hope these people aren't trolling us by using the WH right before the 00 stage.

edit: oh well

Phinor

Pretty sure it's just people manually using them. The script isn't know by most people, heck, even I don't know where to even find that script other than "Reddit". Most people just randomly join a game and see what happens, clicking all the buttons they can find on their screen.

Arthea

Using a wormhole skips one level. Using it during a x00 level, so 100, 200, 2800, .... skips 10 levels. And they stack. So the script uses wormholes and cooldown resets repeatedly while in on of those. If everyone would do that, we would be stuck in level 100 for 23:59hrs, then someone would kill the boss and boooom. Unfortunately the world is full of trolls, randoms and fools with outdated scripts.

damn... now wonder I never made any progress to speak about, I had no idea!

Shadownet

Banned
The script can't account for trolls. I'm pretty sure it's fine when everyone uses it, which doesn't happen
I hope you're right.

That's what I'm hoping for. I just hope these people aren't trolling us by using the WH right before the 00 stage.
I know there is a script out there that some trolls are using to counteract this strats. So instead of them spamming WH, they Spam Nukes/Napalm when it's level 100.

dex3108

Reviews are now live for Batman: Arkham Knight, giving people the weekend to decide whether to splurge on Rockseady's latest before its release next Tuesday. Unfortunately, none of the current reviews are for the PC edition, as the copies sent out to press were for PS4. As such, we don't have an Arkham Knight review ready for you, and won't until we're able to get our hands on PC code

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-our-batman-arkham-knight-review-is-delayed/

Arthea

btw, which version of script are you using?

edited: 2.16 is the last version?

Avinexus

I feel like the YOWH script is better than wchill's. That twitch chat group started a 100m run last night about an hour or so after ours did. I woke up this morning at 100m (and the fastest run yet to 100m), while the twitch room hadn't even broken 30m yet. Its just with the YOHW script you need a select few people that only buy LN's, while everyone else only buys WH's. Granted we might have had less trolls, hard to say though as I wasn't paying attention.

Shadownet

Banned
I feel like the YOWH script is better than wchill's. That twitch chat group started a 100m run last night about an hour or so after ours did. I woke up this morning at 100m (and the fastest run yet to 100m), while the twitch room hadn't even broken 30m yet. Its just with the YOHW script you need a select few people that only buy LN's, while everyone else only buys WH's. Granted we might have had less trolls, hard to say though as I wasn't paying attention.

Got a link to that YOWH script? You might be right. Probably a bit of both, optimization and less trolls.

we haven't had an Asscreed daily yet right? I'm trying to think of which of the regulars we haven't had. I can't remember if Borderlands had any deals yet either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we haven't had an Asscreed daily yet right? I'm trying to think of which of the regulars we haven't had. I can't remember if Borderlands had any deals yet either.

Ass Creed, Dark Souls, Resident Evil

Yeah, the dream is dead guys. Anyway, I hope at least we can get high enough so most of you can get some points to use at the reset.

Blands did.

Rhaknar

I must've blocked out BLs being on sale because that shit happens all of the time lol.

I wonder if AssRogue will at least hit the $12.50 it was on amazon a while back. I might bite at that price.

there is zero chance Rogue gets more than 50%, in fact, like Far Cry 4 it will most likely get 40%, putting it much higher than 12.50. Unless theres a price mistake of course

Nothing personal Freedom, just a general statement, but do people even look at the game's base prices when they spout out numbers like "will buy at $10"? We've done the sale dance so many times now :p

r3n4ud

I must've blocked out BLs being on sale because that shit happens all of the time lol.

I wonder if AssRogue will at least hit the $12.50 it was on amazon a while back. I might bite at that price.

Yep, still waiting on AC sale, especially the first few games. Also Tropico 5 can have a daily as well since I want the dlc.

People on the internet suck.

Code:
Dignity used Wormhole on level 69794
freshVeggie used GOD MODE on level 69794
freshVeggie used Medics on level 69794
Mace The Moose used Medics on level 69794

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom