• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

I kinda agree with Ozie on this, even if that doesn't sit well with me, I mean agreeing with him.
As far as metagames go it was the worst sale of them all.

Yeah. Valve should've made HL3 instead.

I'm at 90 million now and under 3 hours. This will be a close finish.

Parsnip

Massive Chalice seems to have been about as well received as Costume Quest 2. Man, Double Fine needs to figure out a decent way to market their games because I'm not sure they can keep going from middling sales to middling sales like this.

They've been doing that for 15 years, they'll probably manage.

so you admit to using a script?

SgiEaCz.gif

Dam Son

He got you there.

Yeah, Grim Dawn is the real deal. I've played a lot of loot ARPG's, Grim Dawn just feels right.

So no more dailes/flashes? I wanted some deep Pinball FX2 discounts.

maty

I admit to nothing! except that I want that stupid badge, which I'm not gonna get and it'll haunt me for years to come, thanks volvo for making my life a living hell!

The game will be available for 2 more days. Try to join a YOWH room once it gets reset. I'm joining and trying to help people get the badge.

Arthea

The game will be available for 2 more days. Try to join a YOWH room once it gets reset. I'm joining and trying to help people get the badge.

are you sure it will be?
Because if it will, we should all hang in one group, we really should, that makes our chances better than joining random groups. I joined 3 reddit groups doing really well at the start that were left behind so fast so hard it's not even funny.
We should wait staring it about an hour in, tho, that we all get into one. How's the plan?

maty

are you sure it will be?
Because if it will, we should all hang in one group, we really should, that makes our chances better than joining random groups. I joined 3 reddit groups doing really well at the start that were left behind so fast so hard it's not even funny.
We should wait staring it about an hour in, tho, that we all get into one. How's the plan?

I think they updated the FAQ and it says the game can be played unitl the 22nd.

Yesterday I joined reddit room 47030, it's barely over 40M. Then I switched and finally made it. They seem to get more trolls, specially in the 1st rooms.

Are you online on Steam?

Arthea

I think they updated the FAQ and it says the game can be played unitl the 22nd.

Yesterday I joined reddit room 47030, it's barely over 40M. Then I switched and finally made it. They seem to get more trolls, specially in the 1st rooms.

Are you online on Steam?

yea, I'm in a game, room 47010, that has no wormholes left to speak about since yesterday, just my luck

edited:
I have no wh left either, but there are no other games around this level I could join, and not much point either, maybe today will be a better day

are you sure it will be?

There aren't 1500 of us to fill a room. Best bet YOWH rooms a this point.

Bet I'd imagine they'll be trolled hard today

Ayumi

Halp, guise, I need some advice before I go nuts.

Side note #1: I don't actually browse/use the Steam client often, but sometimes I do since I'm already there using the group chat, so I don't bothe ropening Steam in my browser instead because it's めんどくさい.

Side note #2: The only software known to potentially interfere with Steam I use is Skype, and this problem also happens when I don't have Skype running.

wbNarTO.png

Clicking links inside the Steam client often (most of the time) doesn't work. Instead of being clicked, it just marks itself as if some script refuses to run properly.
I've tried reinstalling 2 times, and the only way to fix it (temporarily) is to restart Steam. It's getting very annoying having to restart Steam to click stuff. I Googled, and couldn't really find anything helpful. :<

I am fully aware the Steam client is a piece of shit by default, but I was hoping some of you would have some advice. Also, this happens anywhere. Profiles, Store, market, etc. Anywhere inside the client, except the main menu (which I guess because Steam is basically just Steam web inside a client, so it wouldn't affect the main menu). It's pretty fucking annoying and I'm losing my patience. ._.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Halp, guise, I need some advice before I go nuts.

Side note #1: I don't actually browse/use the Steam client often, but sometimes I do since I'm already there using the group chat, so I don't bothe ropening Steam in my browser instead because it's &#12417;&#12435;&#12393;&#12367;&#12373;&#12356;.

Side note #2: The only software known to potentially interfere with Steam I use is Skype, and this problem also happens when I don't have Skype running.

wbNarTO.png

Clicking links inside the Steam client often (most of the time) doesn't work. Instead of being clicked, it just marks itself as if some script refuses to run properly.
I've tried reinstalling 2 times, and the only way to fix it (temporarily) is to restart Steam. It's getting very annoying having to restart Steam to click stuff. I Googled, and couldn't really find anything helpful. :<

I am fully aware the Steam client is a piece of shit by default, but I was hoping some of you would have some advice. Also, this happens anywhere. Profiles, Store, market, etc. Anywhere inside the client, except the main menu (which I guess because Steam is basically just Steam web inside a client, so it wouldn't affect the main menu). It's pretty fucking annoying and I'm losing my patience. ._.

There are some registry fixes at the bottom of this page which may help in the event that reinstalling isn't properly tinkering with the registry values.

If you're running a 64-bit OS like most usually are these days, you'll have to perform both fixes.

I reached 1M badge, good enough for me.
Same. I lost track of things. A blackhole without and an end.

I actually might play a game instead.
Hey Steam GAF. So I finished building my first PC this week (perfect timing with the Steam sale, eh?) and I've started work on my PC games collection. As the sale is about to come to a close, based on what I already own/don't own, can anyone make any recommendations for must-have games I should pick up?
Welcome and congrats on your new PC! Mighty nice isn't it? :)
Awful re-design at nuveem. Old style was more useful for me.
more speed gaming
Watched some Hammerwatch. Looks neat.
Nice, your speed reviews!
Anyone tried Stranded Deep?
Watched several reviews and looks like it's fairly early in development and not much to do really. But you have to keep in mind that early access games usually get more expensive with time.

Kagemusha

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
I played for a minute, game runs okay.
However, the opening videos and even menu play upside down.
The first game cinematic plays correctly.
You should check your game to see if it has technical problems.
Also, game has to be installed on C:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speed gaming - Beat Em up Edition. Which im a huge fanboy of, the genre that is,so biased opinions inc.

header.jpg

Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action - Hey ever wanted to play a 2d version of those crazy platinum games fight scenes? Now you can... kinda. Game is stuck in a 2d plane, and you can dash around freely, including in the air (basically you can fly) while button mashin your way through dozens of enemies with very anime-esque combos. The problem is, it doesnt seem to have any structure, you just go from room to room filled with enemies, it never feels like a coherent level. Nor does there seem to be a way to regain life, when you die you restart in the "room" you were in with a -1 counter, whatever that means. I wish it did more for me, as the gameplay seemed fun, but the game around it not so much. Probably better in 2 player co-op, but then again, that goes for any beat em up I guess.

header.jpg

Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus - Essencially a Golden Axe homage, with a comedy twist that rarely works. The game itself seems neat, if a little (a lot?) repetitious (much like Golden Axe). The heroes have a few simple combos, your usual jumping and dash attacks and a special. Thats about it. I really like the art style, and the gameplay is fine if simple. It gets slammed on steam but I enjoyed the first level, and hey, the magic guy special summons a fire breathing chicken (there are mounts, again like golden axe lol) and when the chiken dies, you can eat it for health. Just for that it gets high praise from me lol. The "humour" is awful tho. Supports up to 3 player co-op.

header.jpg

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - Easily one of the best of the kind ever, a port of the arcade classics Tower of Doom and Shadows of Mystara, 6 classes to choose from, lots of moves, multiple paths, 4 player co-op, some rpg mechanics, just a great beat em up top to bottom. Port has a few filter and view options (arcade view complete with cabinet son!) and the Capcom achievement thingie they did for Third Strike and shit, with various goals while you play. Kinda neat. Awesome game.

header.jpg

Double Dragon Neon - Oh this is a remake? Alright. Surprising amount of new systems, special moves that you collect and level up, passive effects, the fighting itself actually has some nice things like a dodge that buffs up your damage if you suceed. The 3d look is a little iffy but it works (characters are a tad big tho), and the gameplay is a little janky but overall this seems like a cool remake. Music seemed shit tho :/ Seemed very much worth the 80% off it is at the moment.

header.jpg

Sacred Citadel - Seems to be the more story focused one, with more cutscenes and dialgue stuff. Also has a level up system, you can pick up or buy different weapons, equip crystals to buff your stats, all in all seems to have a little more going for it. Plus I love the art style. 4 classes, 3 player co-op. Also everyone and their mother probably has this one because it was in that deep silver humble bundle with saints 3 and shit.

header.jpg

Banzai Pecan The Last Hope for the Young Century - Amazing title aside this seems pretty fucking bad. Shame because the art is cute and the moves look flashy, but it plays like shit, the writing is horrible and the whole thing just feels janky in a bad way. Also, being stuck in a 2d plane sucks.

So from quick first impressions I would say Dungeon and Dragons > Sacred Citadel > Double Dragon Neon > Dungeons: Eye of Draconus > Aces Wild > Banzai Pecan

Arthea

if any of you want to buy some gems, now it would be perfect time, I think, they won't go much lower and price will go up after the sale, again I think so.

now onto foils market. It's totally utterly dead by this point. I haven't sold cheap foils even at the sale time, that speaks volumes.
So I thought what Valve could do to reinvigorate that market. I think the best solution would be to increase a foil badge exp significantly. Gemifying them isn't worth it and they don't sell. I don't see what else is to do here. If for example foil badge would give 500 xp instead of giving regular 100 xp, that might make people to buy them again, that means more money for valve. Everybody wins.

Anteater

header.jpg

Double Dragon Neon - Oh this is a remake? Alright. Surprising amount of new systems, special moves that you collect and level up, passive effects, the fighting itself actually has some nice things like a dodge that buffs up your damage if you suceed. The 3d look is a little iffy but it works (characters are a tad big tho), and the gameplay is a little janky but overall this seems like a cool remake. Music seemed shit tho :/ Seemed very much worth the 80% off it is at the moment.

Double Dragon Neon is surprisingly good, the controls seem clunky at first and it really is on the slow side, but once I got used to the timing there's a really nice flow to it and it works, and it works surprisingly well and was pretty fun as a remake of an oldschool beat'em'up.

It seems to have gotten a lot of negative reactions from reviewers and some gaffers too if I remember correctly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sometimes I can't trust zkylon's taste.

Mass Effect 2 is "alright"

Girl, please.
i just present my opinion, it's fine if you don't agree

some more context below

Great game, alright RPG.
really?

i'd say the shooter part was pretty terrible, while the conversations and some of the c&c saved it, specially since the cast of companions was pretty damn cool

it's an alright game, but i still enjoyed the first one much more, a lot more ambitious with a better put together story (it actually has an antagonist for one, the reapers are actually a, scary cool mystery in me1, and it's not dumb as balls lol) and i like exploring the galaxy. even if the mako was shit to handle, i loved how that game had the universe filled with tons of sidequests tied to other sidequests or the background story or some decision you made or your companions, or even visit a planet for a bleep of cool lore.

just way more exciting imo than cheesy pulp sci-fi story from me2, or fan-fiction gone awfully wrong from me3

me2 had good moments (everything mordin, specially) and characters, so i guess saying it's "alright" is a bit unfair, but removing all space travel was a big letdown for me, the story imo is pretty damn terrible, and the shit they pull on the arrival is ugh (
no, the shepard i crafted for hundreds of hours wouldn't randomly agree to genocide because of really poorly written and obviously rushed in the name of "grittiness" reasons
)

Arthea

Valve needs really to change the new drop system they adopted. They can leave the old method for games bought outsite Steam (aka games you need to redeem the serial in order to be added to your account), because idling 4 hours or more just to grab some cards is just stupid.
Some games like Wasteland 2 have a big drop time already (Wasteland is 15 hours in order to grab all the cards), wait two more hours is just insane.

you know that's not gonna happen, that's like being extra punished for buying a game on steam.
I'm sure they won't change existing system because it's easy to maintain, no additional work needed as any other way would require and also it solves they main problem, people getting cards and refunding games.
I won't even bother to complain, this was bound to happen: I knew it, you knew it, everybody knew it.
What I wish for, that devs now would consider making their drop times shorter, we already have to wait two hours for any cards to drop, why torture as even more? Who even plays one game for hours to no end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom