• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

My room was on track for 100M, but I now doubt we will make it... almost 80M, but too many people nuking the bosses and using warmholes at the wrong time.

On another topic, I just started playing The Talos Principle and so far it's great.

ExoSoul

Banned
JoinGame(47634);

Use YOWH script.

6min charge right now. We are at 40M

EDIT: Went up to 43M

MIght as well check how many WH and LN I get on resets.

FEdit: Oh wow this rom is actually good.
Everyone one 47100, abandon ship!!!! This is our chance!

Where do you enter JoinGame(47634);? Putting in the address bar just gives me a google search.

Ctrl+Shift+J or F12 on Chrome and go to Console

Pachimari

I still can't believe I payed $140 for Mafia 1 on Steam last year but it is totally worth it. I have to go complete it before the end of the year. It just kind of sucks that I know both the ending of Mafia 1 and Red Dead Redemption without even having played much of them myself.

Massive Chalice seems to have been about as well received as Costume Quest 2. Man, Double Fine needs to figure out a decent way to market their games because I'm not sure they can keep going from middling sales to middling sales like this.

Ozium

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals
and I heard as it were the noise of thunder,
one of the four beasts saying, "Come and see."

And I saw.

And behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a script;
and a badge was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

derExperte

I got me some mechanical keyboard (K70), my first, so pls understand if there are typos and I call you rude names. It will be 100% unintended, you cunts.
I also might have drunk too much wine for dinner.

Massive Chalice seems to have been about as well received as Costume Quest 2. Man, Double Fine needs to figure out a decent way to market their games because I'm not sure they can keep going from middling sales to middling sales like this.

Broken Age didn't sell much either after the release of act 2. Wouldn't surprise anyone if they have to downscale soon, I hope their Adult Swim-cooperation gets them some dosh.

ExoSoul

Banned
Yep, the trolls have arrived.

I think we'd better start PMing/hiding our rooms...

Edit: Mishap maybe? We skipped one X00 room but now we're doing the next one properly...

Vuze

Joined some random, promising looking room from my friendlist yesterday, just checked and we're at 79 Mil. Pretty gud
But now I want the 100 Mil badge and I doubt we'll make it :( Anyway, got what appears to be the fancy wormhole script and I'll let it run till the end

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Damn that's weird.

So determined to nuke the bosses and WH x99

EDIT: The trolls is from people in YOWH chat posting the number a few minutes ago.

Damn they nuked one more x00, it feels like the trolls just keep coming.

KageZero

I have a problem with a purchase on steam. I wanted to buy re4 and i chose paypal account as my option and i clicked the button to pay but then my steam froze and now i have the game in my library but it says my purchase is being processed. I wasn't able to reach the paypal page through steam shop so it will never process but i don't know how can i stop the purchase now. Should i contact steam support and will they be able to respond in time since i would like to buy re4 while it is on sale.
Around 30 minutes have passed since i started the purchase procces

L.O.R.D

just woke up
and we are in level 50 million , Room 47687
wah

kKnjsOy.jpg

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Edit: Mishap maybe? We skipped one X00 room but now we're doing the next one properly...

That's just going to happen. In YOWH #3, bosses getting nuked happened pretty frequently. We had one major boss jump (1:30 on the boss with wormhole spam = ~1.2 million levels) in the early hours, but the majority of the jumps happened the closer we got to 100mil.

Sarcasm

Which is? I haven't played either and thought about getting MC.

Arthea

I know it may sound somewhat ridiculous, but a badge that can be gotten only by cheating isn't exactly the smart or sensible thing to make, I'm not sure why volvo did this, and yeah I'm salty, but also I really don't like even an idea itself.

My group made less than 1 mln overnight... while I slept, I assume everyone in there is out of wormholes, since yesterday, oh well.

Nothing for me in the last flash sale either and I think I haven't missed anything of dailies so encore for me is buying what wasn't on special deals from my wishlist.

Quite a few games on my wishlist had no any kind of discount this sale at all... hopefully winter sale will fix that and there are usual suspect that never have discounts, you know, like Lumines.

In other news, dunno why but steam search is working even worse than usual, btw, maybe will fix itself after the sale.

ExoSoul

Banned
Damn that's weird.

EDIT: The trolls is from people in YOWH chat posting the number a few minutes ago.

That's just going to happen. In YOWH #3, bosses getting nuked happened pretty frequently. We had one major boss jump (1:30 on the boss with wormhole spam = ~1.2 million levels) in the early hours, but the majority of the jumps happened the closer we got to 100mil.

45.5k WH on stock, hopefully we have enough tim to outlast them and do the jumps.

BasilZero

I guess I'll buy Bloodrayne 1, 2 and Eschalon book 1 while the chance is there - first time Bloodrayne series has gone down to sale and I'm not sure if it will go down again o_O.

I still can't believe I payed $140 for Mafia 1 on Steam last year but it is totally worth it. I have to go complete it before the end of the year. It just kind of sucks that I know both the ending of Mafia 1 and Red Dead Redemption without even having played much of them myself.

JaseC has an alt account?

Damn that's weird.

Yeah it's being trolled. Oh well.

Sarcasm

-.-

Glad I got it when it was on the store -.-

(I've beaten both mafia games..you have to play them!)

maty

I know it may sound somewhat ridiculous, but a badge that can be gotten only by cheating isn't exactly the smart or sensible thing to make, I'm not sure why volvo did this, and yeah I'm salty, but also I really don't like even an idea itself.

My group made less than 1 mln overnight... while I slept, I assume everyone in there is out of wormholes, since yesterday, oh well.

I agree this is more frustrating than fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more speed gaming

header.jpg

Grim Dawn - Ok thats cheating, because that wasnt speed gaming (10-20mins) at all, that was 4 hours >_> But yeah, great first impression, did the whole first zone, probably the best diablo-style game on steam outside of...I dunno, torchlight 2? Im usually anti- early access but these games are constantly being updated anyway.

header.jpg

Pix The Cat - Not much else to say that everybody doesnt already know, awesome arcade puzzle game in the vein of Pacman Championship DX. Great look, great premise, great music, just go buy the humble bundle its in

header.jpg

Potatoman Seeks The Troof - What a weird little game. A 2d...platformer, kinda? Maybe a runner? You need to avoid a million different sources of shit that will kill as you you walk from one end to the other, you can only move and jump. Obstacles are fuckers because they will switch shit up on you, like a cactus will suddenly jump instead of being stationary, or grow 2 sizes while you jump over it. Kinda into that actually lol. Graphics are ugly as sin but t the same time have some charm to them. Seems good.

header.jpg

Just Get Through - Hated it. 2d platformer / sandbox game where you can destroy the level in order to get to where you need. Hated the controls, hated the look of it, just turned me off completely. Also seems broken on gamepad, that probably didnt help. Has a ton of good reviews tho so your mileage may vary.

header.jpg

Bard to the Future - Awful 2d platformer / adventure game, shame because it could be cool. Controls are bad and SUPER loose (my gamepad might have a little deadzone but the character kept constantly moving to the left when I didnt want to, I dont have any problem with any game. Hell the options have a dead zone setting probably because of it, but I could never get it to feel right). Graphics are super bland, gameplay is even blander, and the voice acting is awful. Hey indy devs, we dont need voice acting in your 2d platformers, its alright to just have text

header.jpg

Hammerwatch - Fuck yeah Hammerwatch. Im super LTTP with this one since its been a GAF favorite for ages, but damn its good. So pretty, huge dungeons, upgrade system to your specil moves on your heroes, huge dungeons, good gameplay, huge dungeons...the dungeons are huge guys. Deffinately a keeper.

header.jpg

Tiny Barbarian DX - Really enjoyed this. 2d action platformer, a bit like volgarr but not as unforgiving (the checkpoints are quite generous), great soundtrack, looks and plays great, just really good overall. Also, you can grapple platform edges to pull yourself up...do this more devs ffs.

header.jpg

Super Panda Adventures - Probably the biggest surprise, what I thought would be another simple 2d platformer turns out to be a proper action adventure with leveling up, quests, metroidvania-style going back to levels when you get new items, magic spells, etc. Looks a little rough but plays well. Again, nice surprise, did not expect to enjoy it so much.

Tektonic

so im only at level 85, ive got yowh, anyone want to help me w/ a starting room number? or do i wait till reset and join a room

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for continuing to crush through a bunch of stuff for speed impressions! Reminds me I still haven't gotten my group to load up Hammerwatch yet, and we've had it since last summer, I believe.

its more of a "you probably own this from bundles and dont remember" then a "you should go buy this" thing. In fact, im finding more and more stuff that seems legit and I just shrugged it aside as bundle fodder.

How do you join specific rooms?

How do you see your own room?

What sorcery is this?
On how to join specific rooms, press F12 to open up the console, then type in:

JoinGame(x);

Where x=room number

You can see your own room with the help of a script, if you're using it. If you want to use a script, i'd recommend YeOldeWormHole's script.

Arthea

I agree this is more frustrating than fun.

It's even more than that, I feel bad for people that played this game, you know actually clicked, I've done that for several days too, what a joke on all of those innocents! No fun at all.
I kinda agree with Ozie on this, even if that doesn't sit well with me, I mean agreeing with him.
As far as metagames go it was the worst sale of them all.

How do you join specific rooms?

How do you see your own room?

What sorcery is this?

scripts, nobody plays that stupid game, in fact even touching it can screw results, no, I'm not kidding, unfortunately.

ExoSoul

Banned
This just makes me more irritated, watching all the different trolls doing it.

kold is the worst one.

Skipping levels "is fine" cause we still progress so they're helping us by saving our WH for when it counts (kinda, not really) but the worst ones are those 2 ]MCBAIN and "something"(AUS)] on red, the ones that use bomb and napalm.

Also it was funny seeing Kiru and Boss on the list xD

derExperte

I kinda agree with Ozie on this, even if that doesn't sit well with me, I mean agreeing with him.

fyi: I'm teaching Ozi the ways of the script as we speak. He has become my student, he has seen the light.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

maty

It's even more than that, I feel bad for people that played this game, you know actually clicked, I've done that for several days too, what a joke on all of those innocents! No fun at all.
As far as metagames go it was the worst sale of them all.

Of course you are right, what´s the point of a game if the only way to beat it is not playing it?

No metagame will come close to the achievement hunt event we had some years ago.

Arthea

more speed gaming

Super Panda Adventures - Probably the biggest surprise, what I thought would be another simple 2d platformer turns out to be a proper action adventure with leveling up, quests, metroidvania-style going back to levels when you get new items, magic spells, etc. Looks a little rough but plays well. Again, nice surprise, did not expect to enjoy it so much.

Anything else was more or less known to me, but this is one big surprise, you mean I should take it out of the junk pile and put into to play pile?
I don't remember anybody ever speaking about it, probably you are first to play it.
Kinda thanks for this new piece of info. Also how come you play games instead of worrying about not getting wormhole badge?

fyi: I'm teaching Ozi the ways of the script as we speak. He has become my student.
the last bastion of justice and righteousness has fallen, let's do a moment of silence here.

Kiru

Skipping levels "is fine" cause we still progress so they're helping us by saving our WH for when it counts (kinda, not really) but the worst ones are those 2 ]MCBAIN and "something"(AUS)] on red, the ones that use bomb and napalm.

Also it was funny seeing Kiru and Boss on the list xD

I'm really trying to bring us forward with my 88k WHs... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom